Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Montana changed the name of the bill from SB 143 to HB 637 >

Montana changed the name of the bill from SB 143 to HB 637

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Montana changed the name of the bill from SB 143 to HB 637

Old 04-30-2021, 06:49 PM
Spike

Default Montana changed the name of the bill from SB 143 to HB 637

Montana government won't get the picture. Here is the info for what they are trying to do and a letter started that everyone should send to the governor and tell him what we think. Thank you

https://www.backcountryhunters.org/take_action#/180
Old 05-03-2021, 11:28 AM
Fork Horn

Personally, I would be wary of that BCH org. I do agree that Gov. Ginaforte should veto this legislation. I contacted both my state reps this past week and explained to them my dis pleasure in the way the bill was passed. Just over 10 years ago the public spoke regarding outfitter sponsored tags. I agree with the argument that these outfitter businesses received PPP money's already I am guessing. One thing I mentioned to my Rep. Casey Knudsen, that landowners , farmers and ranchers need some skin in the game. Why not provide elk sponsored NR tags as are offered for deer hunting. The HB 505 tried to do this, but it was a poorly written bill. Landowners who have resident herds of elk at least 4 months a year should be able to sponsor NR's who agree to hunt exclusively on certain private land holdings. We also discussed a bill that would allow residents to sponsor a family member who resides out of state for elk and deer tags. I also feel the state should have landowner sponsored antelope tags also for landowners.
Old 05-03-2021, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

Those are excellent suggestions!