Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Bam, Two CDC Studies, Masks Do Nothing >

Bam, Two CDC Studies, Masks Do Nothing

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Bam, Two CDC Studies, Masks Do Nothing

Old 03-10-2021, 03:01 AM
Banned

Default Bam, Two CDC Studies, Masks Do Nothing

The Centers for Disease Control released
showing https://www.wnd.com/2021/03/government-data-shows-masks-no-impact-covid-spread/ decrease in "daily case" or "death growth" rates from COVID-19 in areas with mask mandates. This comes after a https://www.wnd.com/2020/10/4861690/ in October indicated that mask mandates do not appear to have slowed or stopped the spread of the coronavirus at all. Still, the https://trends.gab.com/feed/5daf66772fea4d3ba000883b/item/6044e2ec74fa4425298fc95d to recommend that all Americans wear masks, except in certain private settings when individuals are https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/cdc-vaccinated-individuals-socialize-masks-distancing/story?id=76320421, unless the goalpost-shifting https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/04/dr-fauci-on-why-its-important-to-wear-a-mask-after-getting-your-covid-vaccine-.html gets his way.

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...s_uniform.html
Old 03-10-2021, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

I don't know that they don't do anything. apparently they're really good at stopping the flu. Or is that Covid?
Old 03-10-2021, 01:12 PM
Banned

Cal, I heard an interesting reason on why flu reports are non-existent this year. Be sides the fact the hospitals get a bonus under Medicaid for Wuhan Red Deaths and it's an incentive, flu tests are more time sensitive than Wuhan Red Death tests. Because Wuhan Red Death tests are a priority, flu tests spoil before being ran.
is it true? I don't know because I haven't bothered to look any deeper into the details. It's not important to me but something tells me next year it will be. The left will be pushing once again to exert power over the masses with make and restrictions in order to save ourselves from the flu.
Old 03-10-2021, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I was Trump, I would take credit curing influenza.

C. Davis
Old 03-11-2021, 02:41 AM
Typical Buck

For those that want to read the CDC study itself (I only found one recent study), instead of a bunch of click-bait websites that do a great job of cherry picking one or two paragraphs from the study to totally misrepresent (lie) what the study says, here it is.

Association of State-Issued Mask Mandates and Allowing On-Premises Restaurant Dining with County-Level COVID-19 Case and Death Growth Rates — United States, March 1–December 31, 2020

Old 03-11-2021, 04:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by hubby11 View Post
For those that want to read the CDC study itself (I only found one recent study), instead of a bunch of click-bait websites that do a great job of cherry picking one or two paragraphs from the study to totally misrepresent (lie) what the study says, here it is.

Association of State-Issued Mask Mandates and Allowing On-Premises Restaurant Dining with County-Level COVID-19 Case and Death Growth Rates — United States, March 1–December 31, 2020

Horse hockey. If you followed the links in my post you can see the data comparing ND to SD. As you might be aware, SD had zero restrictions while ND had restrictions and mask mandates. Both states have identical results. Florida studies have similar results. Places where mask mandates compared to places without mask mandates once again have similar results.
Your so called study tries to credit masks but fails to compare like areas where no restrictions were in place. Why would they exclude this information? Agenda? I think so.

Last edited by Fieldmouse; 03-11-2021 at 04:14 AM.
Old 03-11-2021, 04:35 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
Horse hockey. If you followed the links in my post you can see the data comparing ND to SD. As you might be aware, SD had zero restrictions while ND had restrictions and mask mandates. Both states have identical results. Florida studies have similar results. Places where mask mandates compared to places without mask mandates once again have similar results.
Your so called study tries to credit masks but fails to compare like areas where no restrictions were in place. Why would they exclude this information? Agenda? I think so.
You are the OP of this thread which is entitled, "Bam, Two CDC Studies, Masks Do Nothing"
I read that as claiming two CDC studies show masks do not help reduce the spread of COVID. Did I interpret that wrong? If not, where are these studies? Please link to the studies directly so we can decide for ourselves what they say.

Old 03-11-2021, 05:33 AM
Banned

You are the OP of this thread which is entitled, "Bam, Two CDC Studies, Masks Do Nothing"
I read that as claiming two CDC studies show masks do not help reduce the spread of COVID. Did I interpret that wrong? If not, where are these studies? Please link to the studies directly so we can decide for ourselves what they say.
They're in there in the link I posted. One study is the same study I posted awhile back that showed no difference in infection rate of those who wore masks all the time, most of the time, some of the time and not at all. CDC promptly states "The mask doesn't prevent the wearer from contracting the virus". Interesting to note, that's not what their ad on the radio says. The other study compares mask mandated areas to non areas. Once again, no difference in stats.
The fact is, you're just pissed off that your silly little study is meaningless since they are plan interpreting the cherry picked data and accrediting it to mask mandates. So why don't you find a study the compares two areas (like the one I posted regarding the military) that shows the mandated areas performing better. Like Davis posted regarding Japan. Their masks worked up until they didn't and the Wuhan Red Death spread like every other country.
Old 03-11-2021, 06:52 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
They're in there in the link I posted. One study is the same study I posted awhile back that showed no difference in infection rate of those who wore masks all the time, most of the time, some of the time and not at all. CDC promptly states "The mask doesn't prevent the wearer from contracting the virus". Interesting to note, that's not what their ad on the radio says. The other study compares mask mandated areas to non areas. Once again, no difference in stats.
The fact is, you're just pissed off that your silly little study is meaningless since they are plan interpreting the cherry picked data and accrediting it to mask mandates. So why don't you find a study the compares two areas (like the one I posted regarding the military) that shows the mandated areas performing better. Like Davis posted regarding Japan. Their masks worked up until they didn't and the Wuhan Red Death spread like every other country.
My "silly little study" is what was mis-quoted in your article, or rather, was mis-quoted in a freaking twitter feed that was linked from your article as evidence that two CDC studies claimed masks do not work. Once again, you are not even fully reading the "articles" you post.

All I want, is to read the actual study that claims masks do not work to reduce the spread of COVID. Not some agenda driven click bait website that claims a twitter post is evidence. Let me and others decide what a study says.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:13 AM
Banned

My "silly little study" is what was mis-quoted in your article, or rather, was mis-quoted in a freaking twitter feed that was linked from your article as evidence that two CDC studies claimed masks do not work. Once again, you are not even fully reading the "articles" you post.

All I want, is to read the actual study that claims masks do not work to reduce the spread of COVID. Not some agenda driven click bait website that claims a twitter post is evidence. Let me and others decide what a study says.
I'm sorry you're math challenged and unable to look at data and graphs showing the exact same curve between ND and SD despite ND having a mask mandate. That's on you. Unfortunately, CDC isn't in the truth business. They're in the political business and are acting accordingly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.