Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
One Fish, Two Fish, Everything Is Racist Fish: Joe Biden Cancels Dr. Seuss >

One Fish, Two Fish, Everything Is Racist Fish: Joe Biden Cancels Dr. Seuss

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Old 03-02-2021, 02:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Cool One Fish, Two Fish, Everything Is Racist Fish: Joe Biden Cancels Dr. Seuss

We reported earlier how that cancel culture seems to finally have come for Dr. Seuss.

The estate of Dr. Seuss is now halting the publication of six of his books because of allegedly racist imagery
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2021...-seuss-n335749

Those sneechs on thebeachs/star bellies-greeneggs1hmmm- i remember chia pet o bama was deemed racist- lol
Old 03-02-2021, 03:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Why Is McElligot’s Pool On The List Of Seuss Books Being Taken Out Of Print? (Update)

As Ed pointed out this morning, the company that owns Dr. Seuss’s books decided sometime last year that it would allow six of the books to go out of print. “These books portray people in ways that are hurtful and wrong,” the company told the Associated Press. One of the six books on the list is one that I used to read to my daughter. McElligot’s Pool is not a Seuss book that everyone remembers but it’s basically a charming story about a child’s imagination.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eskimo fish with fur from hudson bay eh- is the bad fish so'they say"

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2...s-taken-print/
Old 03-02-2021, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

Not sure what Joe Biden has to do with this. It was the estate of Dr Seuss who made the decision to stop the publishing.
Old 03-02-2021, 04:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dont know i was just skimming the story-

i was looking for the bad fish) strangley enough it was national news worthy on abc/cbs-- but i guess the drs story areually included in this program etcc- on marcch 2 no comment from thhe prez i guess- but he woudnt ok racist storys would he?
“March 2 is also the birthday of one of America’s revered wordsmiths. Theodor Seuss Geisel — or Dr. Seuss — used his incredible talent to instill in his most impressionable readers universal values we all hold dear,” read Barack Obama’s proclamation in 2016. “Through a prolific collection of stories, he made children see that reading is fun, and in the process, he emphasized respect for all; pushed us to accept ourselves for who we are; challenged preconceived notions and encouraged trying new things; and by example, taught us that we are limited by nothing but the range of our aspirations and the vibrancy of our imaginations.”

“In classrooms, libraries, and homes around our country, literature provides children with the inspiration to learn and grow,” read President Trump’s proclamation in 2020. “On this Read Across America Day, we recall the motivational words of Dr. Seuss—an American icon of literature—and impart his wisdom on our Nation’s young people: ‘You’re off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, so…get on your way!’”
But Seuss was completely canceled by Biden, who broke with tradition and removed all mention of Seuss from his comments about the event. His remarks only noted that “for many Americans, the path to literacy begins with story time in their school classroom.” By comparison to the Obama and Trump remarks, Biden’s comments held no inspiration and no attraction at all for any children that might be listening, sort of missing out on the whole point of the event, in addition to canceling Dr. Seuss. The proclamation does however ironically note that reading “reduces the chance of developing cognitive disorders such as Alzheimer’s.” I’m sure that will be inspirational to the children.
But Seuss was completely canceled by Biden, who broke with tradition and removed all mention of Seuss from his comments about the event. His remarks only noted that “for many Americans, the path to literacy begins with story time in their school classroom.” By comparison to the Obama and Trump remarks, Biden’s comments held no inspiration and no attraction at all for any children that might be listening, sort of missing out on the whole point of the event, in addition to canceling Dr. Seuss. The proclamation does however ironically note that reading “reduces the chance of developing cognitive disorders such as Alzheimer’s.” I’m sure that will be inspirational to the children.

Last edited by Knightia; 03-02-2021 at 04:22 PM.
Old 03-02-2021, 04:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

but yes maybe it just slipped his mind etc
Old 03-02-2021, 04:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I dont like these small laptop screens /keys contrapions im on now much( but i can use my tv- maybe that circcle back women with the red hair will know why it wasnt included /mentioned
Old 03-03-2021, 07:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Knightia View Post
but yes maybe it just slipped his mind etc
That happens a lot with senile Joe. In Texas the other day, he thanked "Shirley Jackson Lee" (I'm sure CongressWOMAN Sheila Jackson Lee was pissed), and asked aloud "What am I doing here?" See video in link. Dude is either drunk or mentally disabled.

https://ktrh.iheart.com/featured/mic...-i-doing-here/
Old 03-03-2021, 07:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by lonestar50 View Post
Not sure what Joe Biden has to do with this. It was the estate of Dr Seuss who made the decision to stop the publishing.
Decision was made based on the leftists' "cancel culture." EVERY participant in cancel culture is a pathetic loser/moron. Biden participated by way of his little "speech" cited above. Funny that Obama didn't seem to think Dr. Seuss was some big old racist...
Old 03-03-2021, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by ipscshooter View Post
That happens a lot with senile Joe. In Texas the other day, he thanked "Shirley Jackson Lee" (I'm sure CongressWOMAN Sheila Jackson Lee was pissed), and asked aloud "What am I doing here?" See video in link. Dude is either drunk or mentally disabled.

https://ktrh.iheart.com/featured/mic...-i-doing-here/
lol I think both maybe + some other issues( 1/2 a brain biden was never right in the head....

I like loons( look good & make nice sounds) so i hope i didnt insult any- Lunatic leftists- thats another story

Old 03-03-2021, 01:51 PM
Typical Buck

Sigh. I just read an article on this and thought, "I bet some goofball is going to post this make-believe outrage on HNI." I should get a medal.

Facts (they are important):

1. The National Education Association (NEA), the group that initially decided to celebrate "Read Across America Day" on Theodore Geisel's birthday, made a conscious decision to de-emphasize Dr Suess in favor of lesser-known, often minority authors. They apparently did this because Dr. Suess' estate still sells millions of books a year and likely also because of his allegedly problematic depiction of Jews, blacks and Asians. They made this decision in 2017.

2. The executors of the literary estate of Dr. Seuss announced that they would allow six Seuss books ("And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street," "If I Ran the Zoo," "McElligot's Pool," "On Beyond Zebra!," "Scrambled Eggs Super!" and "The Cat's Quizzer") to fall out of print due to potentially offensive imagery contained within the volumes.

3. Dr. Seuss was well known as a bed-wetting liberal. His books, Marven K Mooney, Will You Please Go Now? (Watergate), The Lorax (environmentalism) and The Sneeches (civil rights/anti-McCarthyism) are all well known allegories for his liberal leanings. Had he lived to see #45, you can bet he would have made another best seller.

Whether the decisions of the NEA or the estate of Dr. Seuss are right in their decisions, I don't know. As an old white guy who loves all those books, any bias/inappropriate depictions flew over my head. But what the he!!, let's blame Biden. Because, you know, it must be his fault.

Last edited by hubby11; 03-03-2021 at 01:54 PM. Reason: clarity, spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.