Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
DiBlasio: "I'd like to say very bluntly: It is our mission to redistribute wealth." >

DiBlasio: "I'd like to say very bluntly: It is our mission to redistribute wealth."

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

DiBlasio: "I'd like to say very bluntly: It is our mission to redistribute wealth."

Old 12-18-2020, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default DiBlasio: "I'd like to say very bluntly: It is our mission to redistribute wealth."

Well at least he's not bothering to lie

Old 12-20-2020, 04:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

(Note to self: pack up gold bags in the Mercedes, sell the penthouse in Manhatten and drive to Oklahoma)

Yah. What to think about that De Blasio quote? I don't live in NYC and would never live there. I suppose that is just outright propaganda. I don't think he can do that. Nor do I think Democrats nationally can do that. One can suppose, from their rhetoric, that they are dedicated sevants of the poor. But is that believable? Do you believe these elites really feel deep, sincere sympathy for the poor and the lower class?

I do not believe it. I think they are playing these folks to use them to themselves remain in power. But they also require the support of the wealthy in many ways. So it is a con job. They will not and cannot deliver on their promises. That doesn't mean they can't create havoc and screw a lot of things up. What can happen is they can really screw things up for the middle class.
Old 12-20-2020, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was trying to find some numbers on how many people have moved out of NYC this year They are leaving in record numbers.
He is redistributing the wealth, but not like he is thinking.
Between him and the other genius, Gov. Cuomo, they are redistributing the wealth far, far away.

C. Davis
Old 12-20-2020, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-new-york-city
thats at least 135,200 a year moving out of ny

https://www.thestreet.com/mishtalk/e...nsider-leaving

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackkel...h=162439bc41ac

https://patch.com/new-york/new-york-...te-2019-census
Old 12-20-2020, 08:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

My son-in-law is an architect in Basalt, Colorado, right next to Aspen. He says his architecture firm is booming from all the wealthy people leaving the cities because of COVID and buying property in the Aspen area or further down the valley. This is not an isolated phenomena. There are people of more modest means leaving urban areas to live in more remote areas -- where by 'remote areas' I just mean any place far from the major urban centers. There are many motivations. Taxes and liberal nonsense are among the motivations, too, it isn't just avoiding the inherently higher risk of infection that goes with dense packing of human beings.

But think about a place like New York City. Why would you want to live there? High on the list HAS to be the cultural assets. BUT now and for the forseeable future these assets are not accessible! I haven't checked, but I bet the museums are closed, the opera is shut down, the ballet is shut down, the symphony is shut down, the theater is shut down, the restaurants are shut down, professional sports largely do not admit fans. Seriously, what does New York City have to offer today that isn't available in Tulsa, Oklahoma?

Add to this the rapid descent into criminality because of feckless pandering politicians, and it is a wonder the roads aren't packed with people leaving. O, and another thing. Most of the upper middle class folks in urban areas are information workers in one sense or another -- they can work remotely and probably 75% of them in fact ARE NOW working remotely because of COVID even if they reside in the city. If you work remotely, you can set up your remote office ANYWHERE.

There is a thing that happens. When people in the urban centers who formerly could not conceive of living outside the city, in the heart of civilization, where "it's happening," hear from others who they know who have left and who speak favorably about life in the hinterlands, a stampede occurs. Not quite a stampede, but an accelerating movement. I think this is now happening and will increase. There are many converging factors -- fear of infectious disease, increasing crime rates, declining schools that have given themselves over to crazy social justice crusades while failing to teach, high cost of living, declining quality of life AND the wide acceptance of remote working. You can keep your high paying job and live in Wichita, Kansas!
​​​​

Last edited by Alsatian; 12-20-2020 at 08:42 AM.
Old 12-20-2020, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh he is still lying. He has complete control over his own wealth and could have "redistributed" it a long time ago. He could have urged other wealthy people to do the same also but very tellingly didn't. If he were being honest, he would admit that he wants to redistribute other people's money as in the middle class. His end result would be no middle class. Just a bigger group of poor people wholly dependent upon government. He isn't talking about rich people and wont go after them because they would ruin him unlike the majority of middle class in NYC that are Democrat and foolishly think he cares about them. He doesnt. Same people who stupidly think there's a real difference between the Reps and Dems-there isn't. "They" are all getting rich selling us out.
Old 12-20-2020, 09:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Very good assessment of the POS! Liberal mantra id don't do as I do, do what I say!
Old 12-21-2020, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

More people are starting to figure out that there isn't much difference between the political parties. Both parties want to screw us. And those who still actively support and believe in both parties are basically useful tools or idiots. Romney goes beyond that like McCain and his daughter. They are essentially political cancers who don't even understand how they are screwing over their own supporters. Romney's big claim to fame is buying out companies and breaking them up for profit while leaving lots of workers unemployed. He also brags about his great job with the Olympics but that wasn't so great either. Even Mitt doesn't brag about Romney-care anymore as even he realizes it was a total bust. He's Mormon but his actions don't seem to help very many Mormons. John Mcsame was a petulant spoiled brat who didn't give 2 ****s for anybody serving under him (google his aircraft carrier mishap) and wouldn't have had any claim to fame or respect if he hadn't been a POW (Google the crap about that also). What did Mcsame really do for any Americans other than get a lot of them killed on an aircraft carrier and carry on feuds with anybody he didn't like? Nothing. Meghan McCain is into the same feuding crap and doesn't help any other Americans. It's all just for her own benefit and gain. Like father like daughter. These are just 3 Republicans we're supposed to follow. 2 of them ran for President and were a total joke. None of them give a crap about America, the Republican party or any Americans. And they are just the tip on the political iceberg.
Old 12-21-2020, 09:25 AM
Banned

Keep in mind that we just witnessed the greatest transfer of wealth in our history. On 45's watch we just handed out TRILLIONS of dollars to the wealthy and stood by and watched the poor get crumbs. The Fed's propping up of the stock market is more of a transfer of wealth than anything DiBlasio made in a statement. TRILLIONS - Just facts again
Old 12-21-2020, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Curious, did the Democrats in the house and senate vote for that transfer of wealth as well?

Maybe someday people will realize it's a big club, and we're not in it. But that doesn't stop them from beating us with it daily.

Of course your entire post is an obfuscatory strawman, so nice try Comrade.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.