Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
C'est la guerre! >

C'est la guerre!

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

C'est la guerre!

Old 10-30-2020, 11:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default C'est la guerre!

"C'est la guerre!" This translates roughly as "It's the war!" or "It's because of the war!" I understood this was an expression used to excuse basically everything in France during and immediately after the war.

After Trump wins a stunning victory, I don't imagine the relationship of the Left/Democrats/News Media is going to change towards Trump. It will, I imagine, be more of the same. I envision that Republicans will extend their majority in the Senate -- too many people voting for Trump and then voting straight ticket Republican, too much sketchy skit being done by the news media to suppress information, too much partisan chicanery being perpetrated -- the Trump landslide is going to translate also into significant movement of increased Republican weight in the Senate and in the House. So then what?

Something I like to imagine is Trump simply freezing out the mainstream media. He won't run for election again. Why does he need to talk to those guys? Sure, it is conventional for presidents to reach out to the press . . . but Trump is far from conventional, and the press is far from a "free press." Trump could simply stop tweeting. Trump could simply stop interactions with the press. I've read the constitution. Nothing there says Trump needs to speak to the press. They can bloody well get their information from seeing what bills Trump signs, seeing what regulations Trump effects. Maybe Trump could simply selectively talk to specific news organs -- not including the mainstream media. Again, I don't think that is unconstitutional albeit unconventional.

Now you might think this is highly uncivil, this is highly combative. Hmmm . . .. I guess I would say RIGHT! Right on! Bingo! You have good ears, my man! I think I would justify this, if I were in Trump's shoes, by pointing out that the media has changed its nature. By not reporting on perhaps the biggest political story since the Cuban Missile Crisis -- in order to promote the partisan political interest of the Democrat party -- the media has relinquished any claim to fair treatment. The news media is the ENEMY of the president and in fact is the ENEMY of the American people. What, it was important to report and discover the truth about Richard Nixon using a group of rogue actors to learn the Democrat strategy by breaking into their headquarters in the Watergate Hotel . . . but a Vice President of the United States being bought and paid for by the Chinese Communist Party is NOT of equal importance?

But it doesn't matter what the news media and leftists say about this. Again, they have unmoored themselves and have lost, in my view, the call upon my consideration or the consideration of the US president. I do not care what they say. They say so much that is not true and obviously manipulative, I just do not listen to them anymore. It is entirely like the boy who cried "Wolf!" Well, almost like that, but different in that at the end the boy actually did change his operation and actually did tell the truth -- that part, the part about finally telling the truth, does not apply to Democrats.

So, I would like to see Trump freeze those mainstream media characters out. He doesn't need them. Screw them. C'est la guerre! O darn it, just not going to talk with you guys today . . . or tomorrow . . . or the day after that. "But why"" Shoulder shrug "C'est la guerre!"
Old 10-30-2020, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I expect massive left wing violence whether Trump wins in a landslide or a squeaker. Even if biden wins in a squeaker (Which will by necessity require at least a week of "finding votes"), I expect massive left wing violence.

They have sown the wind.

I fully expect that they are about to reap the whirlwind.

Old 10-30-2020, 03:09 PM
Typical Buck

I expect wide spread leftie cheating.
Old 10-30-2020, 05:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
I expect massive left wing violence whether Trump wins in a landslide or a squeaker. Even if biden wins in a squeaker (Which will by necessity require at least a week of "finding votes"), I expect massive left wing violence.

They have sown the wind.

I fully expect that they are about to reap the whirlwind.
I think after the election, if violence occurs, Trump is sending in federal troops -- with or without local invitation -- and quelling violence INSTANTLY. No more Mister Nice Guy.
Old 10-30-2020, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Side note but I found it interesting. RTL, a major German TV station, is advertising a documentary on Facebook about Trump. The teaser for the documentary has some talking head Ph.D. saying Trump is a sociopath. I read the comments, The first one said "in German" shouldn't you worry about your own country first? I guess they really miss the Obama years when he'd pass out lucky bucks right and left trying to buy friendship. Obama would jump on almost every leftist bandwagon European initiative. He really wanted to be cosmopolitan and accepted in Europe. The Europeans were stroking him hard figuring their leverage was his ego. Can you really picture Biden negotiating with a bunch of Sharks?
Old 10-31-2020, 03:02 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by MudderChuck View Post
Side note but I found it interesting. RTL, a major German TV station, is advertising a documentary on Facebook about Trump. The teaser for the documentary has some talking head Ph.D. saying Trump is a sociopath. I read the comments, The first one said "in German" shouldn't you worry about your own country first? I guess they really miss the Obama years when he'd pass out lucky bucks right and left trying to buy friendship. Obama would jump on almost every leftist bandwagon European initiative. He really wanted to be cosmopolitan and accepted in Europe. The Europeans were stroking him hard figuring their leverage was his ego. Can you really picture Biden negotiating with a bunch of Sharks?
I can't picture Biden negotiating with a licorice stick.
Old 10-31-2020, 03:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DJfan View Post
I can't picture Biden negotiating with a licorice stick.
#LMAO
Most every time I listen to a Democrat an old Will Rogers quote comes to mind."There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."