Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Biden campaign: "Federal law does more to protect ducks than children" >

Biden campaign: "Federal law does more to protect ducks than children"

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Biden campaign: "Federal law does more to protect ducks than children"

Old 10-21-2020, 11:31 AM
Typical Buck

Default Biden campaign: "Federal law does more to protect ducks than children"

I don't post much political stuff, but I couldn't resist sharing something I just read today. According to Biden, "Federal law does more to protect ducks than children" based on the notion that waterfowlers are limited to 3 shells in their shotguns when hunting migratory birds. Straight from the source:

https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/#

Ban the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. Federal law prevents hunters from hunting migratory game birds with more than three shells in their shotgun. That means our federal law does more to protect ducks than children. Itís wrong. Joe Biden will enact legislation to once again ban assault weapons. This time, the bans will be designed based on lessons learned from the 1994 bans. For example, the ban on assault weapons will be designed to prevent manufacturers from circumventing the law by making minor changes that donít limit the weaponís lethality. While working to pass this legislation, Biden will also use his executive authority to ban the importation of assault weapons.
Apparently the notion that waterfowl are legal to kill under federal law, unlike children, is lost on them. So too is the fact that waterfowl hunters can still own and use shotguns with a greater capacity than 3 shells, they just need to plug the magazine while hunting. The mental gymnastics required to write this paragraph are impressive, and the lack of understanding of federal law is frankly worrying coming from a contender for the highest office in the nation.
Old 10-21-2020, 12:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Let me make it easy for everyone. I have heard Joe Biden is going to put Beto "hell ya I'm gonna take your guns!" O'Rourke in charge of his gun control policies. That should be enough information to form a judgment on how Joe Biden will protect our 2nd amendment rights. Meaning he will NOT protect your second amendment rights and he will pack the supreme court and appoint liberal judges who will erase your second amendment rights through activist court decisions.

Joe will probably pursue every gun control law and regulation that he can get away with. One of the things I am worried about -- and frankly many of us here on this web site ought to be worried -- is his language about "weapons of war." I have an excellent weapon of war in my gun cabinet that I have used for years hunting both deer and elk to success in both species. it is a Springfield .30-06. That is absolutely a "weapon of war." It was designed for the US military. It was used in WW-I and WW-II. Does THIS firearm fall under the Joe Biden "weapon of war" rubric? You mean I'm supposed to trust those guys that they won't write it up that way -- put a long list down in the small print or just write the law broadly. Is any firearm that fires a .30-06 cartridge arguably a weapon of war? Is any firearm that uses a cartridge that derives from the .30-06 cartridge a weapon of war? That begins to cover a broad swath of firearms -- anything that fires a.25-06, .270, .280, .35 Whelen, and I don't know what else.

If you are serious about protecting your 2nd amendment, you can't vote for Joe Biden or any other national; Democrat. It is far too obvious that this is the case to even be discussing it here.

Last edited by Alsatian; 10-21-2020 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-21-2020, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

There's plenty wrong with biden. But this should be "enough" to convince many people. I'm not generally a one issue voter, but even if I agreed with biden on everything else (I most certainly do not) his stance on 2A would be enough to turn me away.

The 2A is what protects everything else. Lose that, freedom will follow.

-Jake
Old 10-21-2020, 02:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Alsatian View Post
Is any firearm that uses a cartridge that derives from the .30-06 cartridge a weapon of war? That begins to cover a broad swath of firearms -- anything that fires a.25-06, .270, .280, .35 Whelen, and I don't know what else.
If you go that route, then you also need to include the entire .308 family: .243, .260, 7mm-08, .308, .338.
Old 10-21-2020, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Dems early voting numbers are catastrophic, no one goes to their rallies, and Bidens lead has collapsed in several new polls that just came out.

I don't think we're going to need to worry about him or Beta Orourke...BUT MAKE SURE YOU GET OUT AND VOTE ON NOV3!

A same day vote is THE hardest vote for the dems to steal, and the hardest vote for them to game plan against.

VOTE ON NOV 3!

Last edited by Valorius; 10-21-2020 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-21-2020, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't forget about the shotgun. Shotguns (messenger guns) were used in the civil war. They were used as trench guns in WW1, and still in use today.
The term "weapon of war" is a stupid term used to work on ignorant people.
My last resort gun in the house is a shotgun loaded with 7 shots of 00 buckshot. If I am cornered in the bedroom with my wife behind the bed and an intruder(s) make the mistake of reaching our bedroom door, they may as well be facing a civil war battery because that is my last resort plan. I have other guns in the house for other scenarios, but the shotgun will be the most violent show of defense.

C. Davis
Old 10-21-2020, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

"Get a shotgun," - Joe Biden

Be careful what you ask for, Joe.
Old 10-23-2020, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

abortion is legal - Joe is right, Federal law protect unborn ducks
Old 10-23-2020, 10:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, shotguns too. I have a Winchester Model 12 shotgun that is a beautiful gun. This model of shotgun was, I think, used in one of the world wars by US troops. Wasn't the Model 70 Winchester rifle used by US snipers in Vietnam? Weapons of war all!
Old 10-23-2020, 10:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
The Dems early voting numbers are catastrophic, no one goes to their rallies, and Bidens lead has collapsed in several new polls that just came out.

I don't think we're going to need to worry about him or Beta Orourke...BUT MAKE SURE YOU GET OUT AND VOTE ON NOV3!

A same day vote is THE hardest vote for the dems to steal, and the hardest vote for them to game plan against.

VOTE ON NOV 3!
My wife and I would walk over broken glass in bare feet to vote for Trump. I'm not to say that . . . but it reflects my feelings.

If Valorius's appraisal is correct and Trump is going to win handily, this should play into Republicans picking up additional seats in the Senate and strengthening their position in the House. I think a lot of undecided voters are likely to vote straight ticket. If they vote for Trump, they'll vote for the Republican senate candidate if there is a Senate seat up for vote in their state. Keeping a majority in the senate may be even more important than winning the presidency!

If Trump wins strongly and the Republicans pick up senate seats . . . what kind of hangover will Democrats and mainstream media have the day after the election? They have been so unctuous and smug late in this election cycle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.