Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Is it wrong to remove neighbor's lawn signs? >

Is it wrong to remove neighbor's lawn signs?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Is it wrong to remove neighbor's lawn signs?

Old 09-21-2020, 10:26 PM
Spike

Default Is it wrong to remove neighbor's lawn signs?

Hey guys, Rafael Butts here. Longtime lurker first time poster. Here's a topic that I think we all have dealt with some time in our lives.

My neighbor puts up offensive lawn signs each election cycle. Sure enough, he's done it again this year as the presidential election is just around the corner.

I am seriously considering going to his yard and stealing his signs then hiding them until the election is over, then putting them back into his yard afterward (that way I didn't steal them or destroy them).

The signs are obvious attempts at making the neighborhood upset, as they are in clear support of Trump and other right wing fanatics.
Old 09-22-2020, 02:02 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Rafael Butts View Post
Hey guys, Rafael Butts here. Longtime lurker first time poster. Here's a topic that I think we all have dealt with some time in our lives.

My neighbor puts up offensive lawn signs each election cycle. Sure enough, he's done it again this year as the presidential election is just around the corner.

I am seriously considering going to his yard and stealing his signs then hiding them until the election is over, then putting them back into his yard afterward (that way I didn't steal them or destroy them).

The signs are obvious attempts at making the neighborhood upset, as they are in clear support of Trump and other right wing fanatics.
I think the signs cause more problems than they are worth. Never once has a stupid sign swayed my vote one bit. God, country, guns. In that order.
Old 09-22-2020, 03:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sybil.... Is that you?

C. Davis
Old 09-22-2020, 04:55 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah, it's wrong. Assuming your neighbor is not breaking any laws or HOA rules (sometimes HOAs limit you to one sign) with his signs on his property, leave them the F alone. Even if he is breaking the law or HOA rules, leave them alone. Call your HOA or whatever.

Does this really have to be explained?
Old 09-22-2020, 05:25 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by hubby11 View Post
Yeah, it's wrong. ..... Does this really have to be explained?
No:
1) If you have to ask "Is it wrong to ...." Shows OP don't know Right from Wrong.
2) "Butts here. Longtime lurker first time poster." Go back to lurking Butts.
3) "obvious attempts at making the neighborhood upset" very Hypocritical !, Which is what Butts trying to do here.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Interesting, 2 new members that joined the same day and share a similar opinion. Any chance the are the same person?
Old 09-22-2020, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Gm54-120 View Post
Interesting, 2 new members that joined the same day and share a similar opinion. Any chance the are the same person?
I think those two members are wearing the same pair of pants.

C. Davis
Old 09-22-2020, 07:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Rafael Butts View Post

Keep your crumb grabbers off the signs! I tolerate leftist Biden signs in my neighborhood, although Trump signs clearly out number the leftist signs, it is called free speech, check out the 1st amendment to the US constitution sometime, get educated.. If you do enter your neighbor's property and mess with his signs, I hope he catches you and decks you!
Old 09-22-2020, 08:08 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
Keep your crumb grabbers off the signs! I tolerate leftist Biden signs in my neighborhood, although Trump signs clearly out number the leftist signs, it is called free speech, check out the 1st amendment to the US constitution sometime, get educated.. If you do enter your neighbor's property and mess with his signs, I hope he catches you and decks you!
How far does free speech extend, though? Are we really going to continue to let people push racist, bigoted ideologies right in their front yards? Doesn't it matter that kids have to see these signs?
Old 09-22-2020, 08:40 AM
Typical Buck

"You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours."

Not sure if you are for real.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.