Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Ginsberg dead >

Ginsberg dead

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Ginsberg dead

Old 09-18-2020, 04:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default Ginsberg dead

wow. Can't believe she lasted this long, honestly. I attribute it to being a gym rat. What is the impact on the election?
Old 09-18-2020, 05:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't know. Is it just another strong card for Trump? Maybe. But it could also make some Democrats who were leaning Trump turn back to Biden. I think maybe neutral for the election. It isn't like the left isn't already in full-on hysteria to vote Trump out; it isn't like Trump supporters aren't already motivated to vote for Trump.
​​​​​​
I give just a hair of advantage to Trump. Maybe some Never Trumpers vote for Trump who otherwise would not have?
Old 09-18-2020, 05:25 PM
Typical Buck

Imagine he nominates a black, female conservative. How that would put the dems in an awkward situation.
Old 09-18-2020, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was hoping RBG would survive until after the election. Democrat enthusiasm was pretty low but now with RBG's passing the democrats just got a massive shot of adrenaline. If McConnell really does push for a replacement before the election, the next few weeks are going to be very interesting. Think about it: the election, RBG's replacement and possibly General Barr's report all before the election...wow, talk about a dog fight!
Old 09-18-2020, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

She did last an amazingly long time for someone battling pancreatic cancer. RIP.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mitch McConnell, "We will have a vote on a new justice before the year is over."

This means that any case that goes before the Supreme court involving the 2020 election will see Trump with a 6-3 advantage.

Head shot.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is one of the most evil human beings in history. Because of her and her liberal compatriots, 40 million plus unborn American babies are dead.

Enjoy your trip to hell.
Old 09-19-2020, 04:05 AM
Super Moderator

I don't see that it really impacts the election. We knew she wasn't going to last four more years anyway.

-Jake
Old 09-19-2020, 05:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
Mitch McConnell, "We will have a vote on a new justice before the year is over."

This means that any case that goes before the Supreme court involving the 2020 election will see Trump with a 6-3 advantage.

Head shot.
I think that is a very astute observation about the implications this has for the potential Supreme court deciding the election outcome. Bravo Valorius. I watched all of Laura Ingraham last night. She talked with many attorneys and court pundits but none of them pointed out that obviously essential linkage.

I see that Democrats are already trying to play the Jedi mind trick by talking and talking and talking and trying to make it seem that it would be beyond the pale to replace Ginsburg promptly. They have all sorts of rationales, and expect those rationales to shift around over time -- like throwing spaghetti up against the wall to see what sticks. I have a suggestion for Republicans Senators. You ought to just say "This is a f-ing political process, the appointment of judges; you Democrats have MADE it an f-ing political process; and hence don't you DARE hypocritically blame us for following your lead in this!" I advise they just say "screw off dude, this is the constitutional process. There is no provision made for all these silly-ass rules you are concocting which you yourselves have not followed." This is one of my beefs with Republicans: they are silly and play nice when the Democrats are obviously playing dirty. Just tell it like it is. This is the damn process. This is the law. We are going to do it this way -- it is lawful and we have the votes so that is going to be what happens.

Trump should appoint a replacement justice next week. The senate ought to start hearings promptly upon Trump naming his appointment. They ought to have the vote before the election. In this day of the Internet, please don't try and tell me they can't find out what they want to know about a supreme court justice candidate in the time remaining. You bloody well know that if they hold the vote AFTER the election and the election actually tips the balance of the Senate the Democrats will then demand that the vote be deferred until the new Senators are sworn in -- which takes place, by the way, very early in January -- not January 21 as does the President. These considerations, to my mind, imply we'll see a Senate vote on a Trump appointment BEFORE the election.

I would add another thought to support my prediction "vote before the election." This places pressure on Republican senators to stay loyal to the Republican party in this court appointment. If they vote against the Trump appointment, that is likely to be deleterious to them in their 2020 election.

I would say that if there are violent attempts to forestall this process, that the president and the senate majority leader sternly take things in hand. McConnell ought to exclude all non-essential personnel from the Senate building (Senators allowed, Senators' aides who comport themselves appropriately allowed, police/security allowed). If people attempt to riot on Federal grounds, like proximate to the Houses of Congress, the President should call out federal troops to quell that attempt at insurrection. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Don't even LET the damn circus begin. You know it is coming.

Last edited by Alsatian; 09-19-2020 at 05:53 AM.
Old 09-19-2020, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator

I sure hope that the republicans have the mental fortitude to ram through a conservative court justices appointment,
over what is sure to be a
liberal led and orchestrated, and well funded by the communist left radicals display of,
screaming fits,
hair pulling,
gnashing of teeth,
drooling, and spitting
and hysterics on the left

blaming whoever is suggested of every foul crime against humanity even remotely possible
Im sure the left will bring up and promote as fact,
everything from pedophilia, necrophilia, embezzlement, and Beastiality to cannibalism
as fact in ANY TRUMP nominees past

Last edited by hardcastonly; 09-19-2020 at 09:20 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.