Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Myths About Antifa >

Myths About Antifa

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Myths About Antifa

Old 09-12-2020, 05:20 PM
  #1  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
Beau Ouiville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Side
Posts: 2,052
Default Myths About Antifa

The word is becoming like 'socialist'; it just gets thrown around because ti sounds nasty.

"Antifa is a single organization"On May 31, President Trump tweeted “The United States of America will be designating ANTIFA as a Terrorist Organization.” Attorney General William P. Barr echoed his sentiments by arguing … that [it] is interested in some form of socialism.”

But Trump cannot designate “ANTIFA” as a terrorist organization because antifa is not an organization. Rather, it is a politics of revolutionary opposition to the far right. "

Antifa masterminds violence at Black Lives Matter protests.

"[N]either the Justice Department, the FBI nor the press have found evidence to corroborate the grandiose allegation that the most widespread and significant political upheaval this country has seen in half a century was masterminded by one shadowy organization. Not even in Portland .

Antifa is affiliated with the Democratic Party.

"In August, a fake antifa website began to redirect users to Joe Biden’s campaign site. Though it was clearly a ploy to associate the Democratic Party with antifa, right wingers seized upon the apparent conspiracy. Speaking about the Democrats that same day, Trump claimed that “in my book, it’s virtually part of their campaign, antifa.”

"Not only is there no evidence to support such allegations — which are more of an effort to associate liberalism with lawlessness than anything else — but Democratic leaders have routinely condemned antifa and political violence more broadly. "

Antifa is funded by liberal financiers like George Soros.

Right-wing conspiracy theorists have alleged that egalitarian protest movements, such as Occupy Wall Street or the women’s marches, have been secretly funded for many years by liberal financiers like George Soros. Trump is among those who have accused Soros of funding antifa, while other conservatives, such as Rep. Ken Buck, have dog-whistled this anti-Semitic trope by asking in more general terms “who is funding these violent riots.”

There is no evidence that Soros or any other 1 percenter is bankrolling antifa groups."

Antifascists are the ‘real fascists.’

Recently Barr described antifa as deploying “fascistic” tactics, and Donald Trump Jr. characterized the movement as having moved “to the book burning phase.” The Internet is awash with articles about how “antifa are the real fascists…

Indeed, antifascists and fascists have one thing in common: an illiberal disdain for the confines of mainstream politics. In every other way they are worlds apart. As opposed to their far-right adversaries, antifascists are feminist, anti-racist, anti-capitalists who seek to abolish prisons and police. "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...b9f_story.html
Beau Ouiville is offline  
Old 09-12-2020, 06:39 PM
  #2  
Typical Buck
 
WV 67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: West by god Virginia
Posts: 943
Default

Originally Posted by Beau Ouiville View Post
The word is becoming like 'socialist'; it just gets thrown around because ti sounds nasty.

"Antifa is a single organization"On May 31, President Trump tweeted “The United States of America will be designating ANTIFA as a Terrorist Organization.” Attorney General William P. Barr echoed his sentiments by arguing … that [it] is interested in some form of socialism.”

But Trump cannot designate “ANTIFA” as a terrorist organization because antifa is not an organization. Rather, it is a politics of revolutionary opposition to the far right. "

Antifa masterminds violence at Black Lives Matter protests.

"[N]either the Justice Department, the FBI nor the press have found evidence to corroborate the grandiose allegation that the most widespread and significant political upheaval this country has seen in half a century was masterminded by one shadowy organization. Not even in Portland .

Antifa is affiliated with the Democratic Party.

"In August, a fake antifa website began to redirect users to Joe Biden’s campaign site. Though it was clearly a ploy to associate the Democratic Party with antifa, right wingers seized upon the apparent conspiracy. Speaking about the Democrats that same day, Trump claimed that “in my book, it’s virtually part of their campaign, antifa.”

"Not only is there no evidence to support such allegations — which are more of an effort to associate liberalism with lawlessness than anything else — but Democratic leaders have routinely condemned antifa and political violence more broadly. "

Antifa is funded by liberal financiers like George Soros.

Right-wing conspiracy theorists have alleged that egalitarian protest movements, such as Occupy Wall Street or the women’s marches, have been secretly funded for many years by liberal financiers like George Soros. Trump is among those who have accused Soros of funding antifa, while other conservatives, such as Rep. Ken Buck, have dog-whistled this anti-Semitic trope by asking in more general terms “who is funding these violent riots.”

There is no evidence that Soros or any other 1 percenter is bankrolling antifa groups."

Antifascists are the ‘real fascists.’

Recently Barr described antifa as deploying “fascistic” tactics, and Donald Trump Jr. characterized the movement as having moved “to the book burning phase.” The Internet is awash with articles about how “antifa are the real fascists…

Indeed, antifascists and fascists have one thing in common: an illiberal disdain for the confines of mainstream politics. In every other way they are worlds apart. As opposed to their far-right adversaries, antifascists are feminist, anti-racist, anti-capitalists who seek to abolish prisons and police. "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...b9f_story.html
Dems are funding them plain and simple
WV 67 is offline  
Old 09-12-2020, 07:09 PM
  #3  
Nontypical Buck
 
MudderChuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Germany/Calif.
Posts: 2,664
Default

Originally Posted by WV 67 View Post
Dems are funding them plain and simple
ANTIFA and BLM are reruns of the SDS and Weather Underground. There are a few differences. The stated agenda is eerily similar, just take a few lines from one manifesto and add it to the other manifesto. Even the tactics are much the same. I've taken to calling them Orcs and Dorks.
MudderChuck is offline  
Old 09-12-2020, 07:16 PM
  #4  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
Beau Ouiville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Side
Posts: 2,052
Default

Originally Posted by MudderChuck View Post
ANTIFA and BLM are reruns of the SDS and Weather Underground.
Well, SDS was a college organization and the Weather Underground was an underground violent sect. You're wrong to compare them to what's happening today -- there are several sorts of leftists.

Originally Posted by MudderChuck View Post
The stated agenda is eerily similar, just take a few lines from one manifesto and add it to the other manifesto. Even the tactics are much the same. I've taken to calling them Orcs and Dorks.
No, I think you're wrong there. SDS had an anti-war agenda. The Weather Undergound were basically anarchists. That's different from anything going on today.
Beau Ouiville is offline  
Old 09-12-2020, 07:17 PM
  #5  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
Beau Ouiville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Side
Posts: 2,052
Default

Originally Posted by WV 67 View Post
Dems are funding them plain and simple
Verify that statement.
Beau Ouiville is offline  
Old 09-12-2020, 08:28 PM
  #6  
Nontypical Buck
 
MudderChuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Germany/Calif.
Posts: 2,664
Default

Originally Posted by Beau Ouiville View Post
Well, SDS was a college organization and the Weather Underground was an underground violent sect. You're wrong to compare them to what's happening today -- there are several sorts of leftists.


No, I think you're wrong there. SDS had an anti-war agenda. The Weather Undergound was basically anarchists. That's different from anything going on today.
Micro and macro, look at what they do not what they say. SDS started in the universities and spread,.at one time they had 300 chapters and 30.000 active members. They were affiliated with the Weather Underground and the Black Panthers. And much of their agenda is part of today's Democratic platform, at least Bernies version. Read the SDS manifesto and the Weather Underground manifesto, I'd say the majority of both tracks very closely with the professed positions of ANTIA and BLM of today. More similar than different. Orxs and Dorks.
MudderChuck is offline  
Old 09-13-2020, 02:30 AM
  #7  
Boone & Crockett
 
Oldtimr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: south eastern PA
Posts: 14,247
Default

Never mind him Mudder, we need to stop engaging with him. I suspect he is one of them by his posts, anyone who can defend that Antifa trash has zero credibility.
Oldtimr is offline  
Old 09-13-2020, 05:52 AM
  #8  
Fork Horn
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 179
Default

who put all this info together ? James Comey ? Adam Schiff ? Nancy Pelosi ? ABC< NBC< C BS NEWS DEPARTMENTS Oh Yea more than likely taken from CNN
grouch55 is offline  
Old 09-13-2020, 06:39 AM
  #9  
Nontypical Buck
 
sconnyhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wherever liberalism must be eradicated.
Posts: 2,734
Default

Beau?
By their very ACTIONS antifa is FASCIST.

fascism


[ fash-iz-uhm ]SHOW IPA
SEE SYNONYMS FOR fascism ON THESAURUS.COM

noun

(sometimes initial capital letter) a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.
(sometimes initial capital letter) the philosophy, principles, or methods of fascism.
(initial capital letter)a political movement that employs the principles and methods of fascism, especially the one established by Mussolini in Italy 1922–43.

AND honestly, they're violent. They have admitted this. The news has shown America this. Why do you defend them?

And is this true?
https://www.newsbreak.com/district-o...illion-dollars


We may never know. Until, after all these elitist loons are jailed and see what happens when you engage in terrorist activites.
sconnyhunter is offline  
Old 09-13-2020, 08:43 AM
  #10  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
Beau Ouiville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Side
Posts: 2,052
Default

Originally Posted by MudderChuck View Post
Micro and macro, look at what they do not what they say. SDS started in the universities and spread,.at one time they had 300 chapters and 30.000 active members. They were affiliated with the Weather Underground and the Black Panthers. And much of their agenda is part of today's Democratic platform, at least Bernies version. Read the SDS manifesto and the Weather Underground manifesto, I'd say the majority of both tracks very closely with the professed positions of ANTIA and BLM of today. More similar than different. Orxs and Dorks.
All of those organizations liked cherry vanilla ice cream, too. You see connections from some sort of similarity of viewpoints. That does not make them fellow-travelers.

Originally Posted by grouch55 View Post
who put all this info together ? James Comey ? Adam Schiff ? Nancy Pelosi ? ABC< NBC< C BS NEWS DEPARTMENTS Oh Yea more than likely taken from CNN
Why don't you check the site? You post is a wild ad hominem. 'The truth is the truth no matter who speaks it." Deal with the issue.
Beau Ouiville is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.