Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
BLM activists setting forest fires: CONFIRMED >

BLM activists setting forest fires: CONFIRMED

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

BLM activists setting forest fires: CONFIRMED

Old 09-11-2020, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default BLM activists setting forest fires: CONFIRMED

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/09...pporter-970859

"Authorities along the wildfire-beset West Coast arrested multiple suspected arsonists this week, including one who appears to be a known rioter and Black Lives Matter supporter.

The BLM supporter, Jeffrey Alan Acord, 36, was arrested Wednesday in Puyallup, Washington, after being caught setting a fire in the brush along a state highway.
Joint team effort!! WSP, Fife Pd and Puyallup PD just arrested a 36yr old Puyallup resident. He was caught in the median on [email protected] Meridian setting a fire! He is currently on his way to jail! Great job everybody!#playstupidgames pic.twitter.com/8N3wHcT5kJ

ó Trooper Ryan Burke (@wspd1pio)

Old 09-11-2020, 09:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think it is obvious to most of us that the looting, arson, and violent assaults that have been allowed to continue by Democrat City Mayors and the failure by national Democrats (Joe Biden for one) to seriously denounce both the criminal acts themselves and the failure of mayors to interdict these criminal acts has significantly altered the trajectory of the US presidential election. Not much attention has been paid to how the same may alter the trajectory of US Senate and US House of Representative elections, but it seems reasonable to assume the same effect will be seen in these. Likewise state governor races, state congressional races, and city mayoral races.

Imagine what further effect on the election trajectories would occur if it were shown that several prominent fires had been set by antifa or BLM activists? These fires are in liberal states -- California, Oregon, Washington. That could alter some of the elections in those areas -- particularly in city mayoral elections, if these are synchronized with the national election. People in fire-prone areas HATE the devastation associated with forest fires. People otherwise very liberal who discover that antifa and BLM activists are deliberately starting forest fires are likely to vote on the Republican side, in my opinion.

If you don't live in areas prone to forest fires you probably don't appreciate how deeply affecting forest fires are. My daughter lived in El Jebel, Colorado. July 4, 2019, a forest fire swept through El Jebel and very nearly burned down the home of my daughter and her husband. They were evacuated to a hotel 20 miles away. While in the hotel the TV news showed the fire having jumped the road and burned through their community. They ASSUMED their house had been burnt down. Through a miracle of fire fighting, backburns, bulldozing of fuel supplies at the last minute (this fire moved extraordinarily fast) their home was spared. A house a literal stone's throw away burnt to the ground. You don't have time to take much from your home when this happens. They took their pickup truck, their dog, their cat, and overnight bags. Everything else was vulnerable to being burned. And they were not alone in this. 100 of their nearest neighbors were in the same situation. This is their own story. This can be repeated by people in all these places -- Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, California, Oregon, Washington. The idea of people deliberately setting forest fires is REALLY going to get the backs of these people up. It just might be the thing that makes them see how systemically stupid left wing politics are.
Old 09-11-2020, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well then let's be sure to spread the word.
Old 09-11-2020, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its PAST time to bring back public executions. Whenever one of these criminals is caught. Try them in a public manner then execute them, PUBLICLY.
Old 09-11-2020, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kind of reminds me of "Lord of the Rings" but instead of Orcs, we got Dorks.
Old 09-12-2020, 04:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree-Great job catching the scumbag yep! I had heard some rumors of some possible fires on the west coast being arson.

They had some evac,s for this wildland fire - that was last sat( near town). That was the day my term anyways was reading 102*degree- By tue/we- the highs were 33*degrees with fresh snow on the ground ( and some rain mix)6- 18" or so snow- variable in the(general) area( fire threat went from about 100% in near 0 just like that.. One of many fires here & elsewhere in the state- in the fire season(s) (A dry spring here this yr in my area anyways/ment means less growth of the quick burning fuels like grasses/weeds) a little less chance/inthe firerisk))

https://www.sweetwaternow.com/photo-...ined-saturday/

Yep as mentioned - ya gota be ready to evac during fire season -in many places in the west.

( i saw the clown cali govneor newsome( and others) blameing climate change( man made of course/so "they" say) for it all-and not himself for mismanagement of that state & its resources etc- same with those big fires down under/ in oz not long ago( forgeting to mention all the arsons involed in it)

This big fire quite a few yrs ago- elsewhere( not in the west/not what ppl think of much when thinking big forestfire area-)(1,200 ppl lost there lives- but the big story was down in chicago i guess)

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...s-in-wisconsin

October 08
Massive fire burns in Wisconsin

The most devastating fire in United States history burns in Wisconsin on October 8, 1871. Some 1,200 people lost their lives and 2 billion trees were consumed by flames. Despite the massive scale of the blaze, it was overshadowed by the Great Chicago Fire, which began later that night about 250 miles away.
Old 09-12-2020, 05:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

To be clear- i wasnt saying the fireseason or fire danger is all over in my general area( still lotsa dry grasses around( some still under snow) etc) Still lotsa grasses etc out there- there just a bit wet at the moment( it rained on thursday at my house) ( take care all- watch out for those fires & the insane ppl trying to burn things down.....
Old 09-12-2020, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wishing doesn't make it so. People should ignore internet hoaxes.

"A deputy with the Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office was placed on administrative leave, the agency said on Saturday, after the emergence of a video in which a uniformed official addressed rumors that people were purposefully adding to the destruction caused by wildfires.

Antifascists “are out causing hell,” the official said in the video, adding, “There’s a lot of lives at stake, and there’s a lot of people’s property at stake because these guys got some vendetta.”

The department called the deputy’s comments inappropriate, and Sheriff Craig Roberts said in a statement that he wanted to “apologize to all” in the community.

Widely discredited rumors claiming that left-wing activists had set fires spread on Facebook and Twitter this week, prompting some residents to contemplate dismissing evacuation orders, saying they wanted to protect their homes. The rumors played into some conservative residents’ fears and anger over months of protests in Portland, where left-wing and right-wing groups have occasionally clashed.
Authorities in southern Oregon charged a 41-year-old man on Friday with starting part of one of this year’s most destructive fires, saying he lit the fire as a larger blaze moved closer to the area. But the Ashland police chief told The Oregonian that no information pointed toward the loose collective of antifascist activists known as antifa."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/12/us/wildfires-live-updates.html

"
The rumors appear to have started on Wednesday night, after
on Twitter about the risk of fire during demonstrations. But there is no evidence that activists have deliberately set fires.
“We’re not seeing any indications of a mass politically influenced arson campaign,” said Joy Krawczyk, a spokeswoman with the Oregon Department of Forestry.

Three law enforcement agencies in Oregon did announce on Thursday that the Almeda Fire, which incinerated neighborhoods and is linked to two deaths, may have been deliberately set. No suspects were publicly identified, but the Ashland police chief told The Oregonian that no information pointed toward the loose collective of antifascist activists known as antifa.

“One thing I can say is that the rumor it was set by Antifa is 100% false information,” Chief Tighe O’Meara told the newspaper in an email."
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/10/u...wildfires.html

Last edited by Beau Ouiville; 09-12-2020 at 05:23 PM.
Old 09-12-2020, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Fire Hoax

Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/09...pporter-970859

"Authorities along the wildfire-beset West Coast arrested multiple suspected arsonists this week, including one who appears to be a known rioter and Black Lives Matter supporter."
Did you see this?

"The fire was contained to the interstate and extinguished by the local fire department. Puyallup Police were forced to close the northbound ramp." That's not a forest fire that endangered a lot of people.

PolitiFact: "Is there some evidence that these left-wing activists are responsible for the wildfires ravaging the West Coast? No. Officials have dispelled the rumors, and while investigations are still ongoing, many of the fires appear to have been sparked accidentally."

Snopes: "In early September 2020, rumors spread across social media that wildfires on the West Coast, particularly Oregon, had been set by “antifa” — a rumor that area police departments worked to debunk, noting that it was making their efforts amid life-or-death emergency conditions more difficult.

Catastrophic wildfires in Oregon, Washington, and California in early September 2020 have, as of this writing, killed seven people, forced thousands to evacuate, burned homes, and scorched millions of acres. Amid this chaos and destruction, emergency responders were forced to take time to counter misinformation galloping across social media platforms — rumors that falsely claimed political extremists were behind a coordinated arson campaign.

For example a headline from the website The Gateway Pundit read, “Antifa Radical Arrested for Arson in Washington State — Was Caught on Highway Live-Streaming on Facebook Before Arrest (Video).”

A 36-year-old Puyallup man was arrested on Sept. 9, 2020, on suspicion of setting a fire in the median on SR 167. But Washington State Patrol Trooper Ryan Burke told Snopes police don’t have evidence that the incident was linked to antifa."
Old 09-12-2020, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

You have to take the possibility seriously. Stuff like the rash of forest fires is right out of the Weather Underground and SDS playbook. ANTIFA and the BLM both have very similar professed agendas. IMO if it looks like excrement, feels like excrement, smells like excrement, and tastes like excrement it is likely excrement, no matter what you want to call it, by name or acronym.

Last edited by MudderChuck; 09-12-2020 at 06:10 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.