Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Is Covid-19 weakening? >

Is Covid-19 weakening?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Is Covid-19 weakening?

Old 09-01-2020, 12:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Is Covid-19 weakening?

I have heard of two adult couples known to my wife who have come down with Covid-19 recently. I think they are between 65 and 70 years old. I don't know what physical condition they are in. In any case, their Covid-19 illness was pretty mild. One said they had a persistent headache. The other said the symptoms were mild -- like a summer cold. This was what was experienced by the other couple as well. This would be legitimately characterized as "anecdotal evidence," but it is evidence nonetheless. Obviously one cannot generalize from 4 adults to the whole United States. Notwithstanding . . . it is not necessarily irrelevant either.

My dentist back in July mentioned that it was thought Covid-19 would -- become milder and milder in its consequences. He said this makes sense from an evolutionary point of view -- viruses that kill their host kill themselves. I gathered -- though he did not say this explicitly -- that this was a pretty normal pattern for viruses.

This leaves me wondering whether Covid-19 has grown so mild as to be virtually indistinguishable from the flu or from a summer cold?

How come this theory -- a virus weakening with time -- or actual evidence of the virus weakening is not a subject of coverage in the news media?
Old 09-01-2020, 02:13 PM
Typical Buck

I'm getting tested tomorrow. I've had a cough (not dry) for a couple weeks. Ist day I had a bit of the runs and that went away quickly. Never a fever and no loss of taste. Been getting to my workouts and feel good when I do.

Doc says to come in and get tested. If this is covid, ive had colds and flus that put this to shame.
Old 09-01-2020, 05:35 PM
Typical Buck

I e been been tested 3 times already my wife twice and my daughter once all negative but I did the anti bodies test it says Iíve had it at one point and several others at work have had the same outcome , itís not covered by news because itís part of the game for political reasons , they also havenít aired that the CDC has said that only 6% of the total Covid deaths are Covid caused or related so with that number it just goes to show like in the beginning itís no worse than the common flu itís just exaggerated for gain
Old 09-01-2020, 10:09 PM
Dominant Buck

From the CDC:

It requires you to be in close quarters with a positive person for 15 mins to have a chance at getting Wuhan Red Death. Doesn't mean you have it and if you don't show symptoms, no need to test for it but that's between you and your doctor.

No one who shows no symptoms needs to be tested. You could have traces or could have been exposed enough to trip the test but not be contagious.

The Wuhan Red Death isn't transmittable from a dry surface.

Face the facts, we've been had. Thank you Doctor Fauci. Btw, Dr Fauci, the bubble gum machine wants it's diploma back.
Old 09-02-2020, 03:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

there was a report yesterday of a person contracting covid a 2nd time but it was a slightly different strain so .... its possible a weaker variant has mutated from the orig covid

Old 09-02-2020, 09:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
From the CDC:

It requires you to be in close quarters with a positive person for 15 mins to have a chance at getting Wuhan Red Death. Doesn't mean you have it and if you don't show symptoms, no need to test for it but that's between you and your doctor.

No one who shows no symptoms needs to be tested. You could have traces or could have been exposed enough to trip the test but not be contagious.

The Wuhan Red Death isn't transmittable from a dry surface.

Face the facts, we've been had. Thank you Doctor Fauci. Btw, Dr Fauci, the bubble gum machine wants it's diploma back.
I do not like Dr Fauci for various reasons. One reason is he has been wrong several times. Another reason is I do not recall him framing his pronouncements with much caution regarding the uncertainty of those pronouncements. Another reason, and perhaps this is my strongest reason for disliking him, he has been strongly misleading about hydroxychloroquin as an effective therapeutic and about hydroxychloroquin studies. I feel he has severely missed the boat on that and that it was UNNCESSARY for him to deprecate hydroxychoroquin so militantly as he did.

Having said all that, look around the Western world. It wasn't just Fauci and the American medical community that fluffed up on this. Britain, France, Spain, Italy are probably in the same boat they did heavy handed lock downs too. You could undermine this point by arguing they are relaxing now while we are not relaxing (this is most evident in school children returning across the board in many of the western nations). But still the US was not alone in this radical response.

I still don't know what is right. I feel most of what has happened here was a strong overreaction -- a panic reaction. I blame much less the initial lockdown of a month or 6 weeks -- at a time where there was much uncertainty. What I blame much more is the current state where many places remain locked down. My son is getting married in mid-October. His best friend from high school lives in Maryland and is not coming to the wedding in Houston because of concerns about Covid. He is 30 years old -- in the category of almost zero risk for Covid consequences. The sisters of the bride are also frantically worried about covid and almost got them to postpone the wedding indefinitely (who can say when "They" will say it is safe and we can give up all this covid lockdown madness?). Many places are not letting children back in school.

What I notice is a lack of good information and a lack of good analysis. This thread introduced the idea that Covid-19 in September 2020 is not the same Covid-19 of March 2020. How about some data on that? How about some sound analysis of that proposition in the main stream media or by politicians or by Fauci? I haven't heard of that. Why not? I hear that the analysis of who has died from Covid is "evolving." There is now more attention being paid to the question of how you assign cause of death. If I've got a known heart condition and I'm ineligible for either a heart transplant or for bypass surgery because of the fragility of my health and I die while I have Covid . . . did Covid kill me? It has been said that even if you don't die from Covid, the after affects from Covid 19 can scar you for life. How about some data on that! Without some analysis that is just an anecdote.

Something else I have a severe problem with is the mentality that dictates a "one size fits all" approach to covid. That is FAR from making sense. Why not some different approaches in dense urban areas versus sparsely populated areas? In New York City people ride subways packed in with others like sardines. in Tulsa, Oklahoma, everyone drives to work in a private car and walks into the office, usually on the ground floor. Should procedures in Tulsa be modelled on those applicable in New York City? What genius came up with that idea? Who is at risk? Why not have practices directed to those people and different practices directed to those who are NOT at risk? Why can't the grand children return to school and the grandparents sequester themselves in their homes if they consider their risks too high? Let the grandparents, at their volition, isolate themselves from society but let the grand children to go school so they can obtain the benefits of socialization that they are definitely missing out on staying home. Again, what genius figured that one out? I am not impressed.

Along similar lines to my deprecation of the "one size fits all mentality," why is there no consideration given to the negative consequences of the lockdowns? Engineers have to balance many antagonistic parameters in designing practical real world solutions. Make a car too light and you increase fuel efficiency but make it a death trap. Why can't our brilliant leaders likewise have the cleverness to understand they can't simply ignore all other parameters and maximize only one parameter? It ain't that damned complicated. If we lock down, suicides increase, alcohol abuse increases, spousal abuse increases. if we lock down people become very sedentary and this lack of exercise messes people's health up. If we lock down the economy crates, jobs are lost, people who are unemployed commit suicide more often and also live less healthy lives. Why aren't those things considered?

All in all -- considering all these faults that our genius leaders who urge lockdowns upon us exhibit and as I point out above (no multi-parameter optimization, no good analysis of complex elements of the virus picture, no attention paid to what western European countries are doing RE school returns) -- I am going to make the charge that the handling of covid by the news media and Democrats is largely a political ploy to try to control people and try to tip the election. There are too many failings that otherwise sincere people would address that aren't being addressed.

Last edited by Alsatian; 09-02-2020 at 10:01 AM.
Old 09-02-2020, 12:03 PM
Typical Buck

Itís not weakening , never has been worse than the flu , LOL. CDC proved that , only 6% of total deaths are from Covid itís all a political game always was