Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Heels Up Harris...  VP nominee?  Seriously? >

Heels Up Harris... VP nominee? Seriously?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Heels Up Harris... VP nominee? Seriously?

Old 08-16-2020, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

If the Dems win regardless who they have in office the country is screwed anyone that would vote for these idiots is just un- American and hates their own country IMO

Last edited by hardcastonly; 08-17-2020 at 12:44 PM. Reason: obvious typo
Old 08-17-2020, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

Wait till they vote on their party platforms in their upcoming convention.
Old 08-17-2020, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WV 67 View Post
If the Dems win regardless who they have in office the country is screwed anyone that would vote for these idiots is just un- American and hates their own country IMO
What happened to bipartisanship and respect for other viewpoints?
Old 08-18-2020, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

See your previous post for a display of bipartisanship and respect.
Old 08-18-2020, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by elkman30 View Post
See your previous post for a display of bipartisanship and respect.
That was a respectful legal argument. Simple difference of opinion backed up by constitutional reasoning. I don't remember calling an adversary an idiot.

The guy who wrote the column can be classified as a nut job if he had a different opinion (on the same subject) for Cruz and if most legal folks think his idea is way off.
Old 08-18-2020, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe applying a different standard or set of rules to 2 different people is known as a double standard or even being disingenuous. Calling somebody a nutjob surely isn't showing respect and obviously isn't a display of bipartisanship towards somebody who has a different opinion and is likely from a different party. These are all your words. I'm just reminding you of them.
Old 08-19-2020, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I believe applying a different standard or set of rules to 2 different people is known as a double standard or even being disingenuous. Calling somebody a nutjob surely isn't showing respect and obviously isn't a display of bipartisanship towards somebody who has a different opinion and is likely from a different party. These are all your words. I'm just reminding you of them.
You equate me criticizing what was written by a person with a poster here making a blanket condemnation of millions of people as idiots? The two don't compare.
Old 08-19-2020, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

So that's where the line is drawn on behavior. It's okay for you to criticize one person but not okay for that person to "condemn" millions (although you've also condemned millions yourself in previous posts). Two sets of rules apparently.
Old 08-19-2020, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

So that's where the line is drawn on behavior. It's okay for you to criticize one person but not okay for that person to "condemn" millions (although you've also condemned millions yourself in previous posts). Two sets of rules apparently.
It is not two rules at all. Critical response to a legal opinion is expected; blanket condemnation of the majority party in the US is inappropriate. The concept is not difficult.
Old 08-19-2020, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Beau Ouiville View Post
It is not two rules at all. Critical response to a legal opinion is expected; blanket condemnation of the majority party in the US is inappropriate. The concept is not difficult.
I'm not sure if you do this knowingly or it's just some habit you have when talking with somebody you disagree with. For you, it's apparently okay to bash a single person but "inappropriate" to bash the "dominant political party." Does that make it okay to bash non-dominant political parties and/or individuals? You tend to criticize people when you disagree with them instead of simply debating the ideas you disagree with. In an earlier response, you called a guy a "nutjob" then when I called you on that, you wrote above how "critical response to a legal opinion is expected." From what I saw, you didn't seem to do much responding, explaining or critical thinking" of the idea you disagreed with, just the personal insult you offered. Of course, since you disagree with me, you had to finish with something about how your concept is not difficult. As if I'm somehow dumb or lesser than you. At this point, you still haven't explained why you think the other guy was wrong and instead seem to be hiding behind personal insults. Didn't you complain about people using personal insults a while back? Does that mean it's not okay for somebody to insult you or your intelligence but it's okay for you to do either to somebody else on this forum? Just asking because that seems to be your MO on this forum.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.