Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
The rest of the story the main stream media omitted >

The rest of the story the main stream media omitted

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

The rest of the story the main stream media omitted

Old 07-02-2020, 10:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default The rest of the story the main stream media omitted

Couple Meets Protesters with Firearms After Trespassing

If you’ve watched the national news any time recently, you probably heard about the couple in St. Louis who aimed guns at peaceful protesters who walked by their home this past weekend. But what you likely didn’t know, because mainstream media largely failed to mention it, was that these protesters weren’t quite so peaceful.

According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, protesters swarmed the gated and private community of Portland Place Sunday night to demand the resignation of Mayor Lyda Krewson. Krewson had recently received letters from the public asking for her to defund the police. In response, the mayor went on Facebook Live to announce that she would be doing no such thing. But in addition to making her decision known, she also read off a list of names and their addresses of those who had written her with such a demand.

The leftist backed media and protesters naturally were outraged and claimed that Krewson was doxing these people for simply using their First Amendment right. However, that isn’t entirely the case. Was it a good idea to read off such a list to the public? Probably not.

But it isn’t against the law either. Any letters written to elected officials, such as a mayor, are to be kept for public records, per federal law. This means that the addresses and names on these letters were already available to the public.

Nevertheless, those who wrote letters and their not-so-friendly progressive mob weren’t happy with Krewson and so decided to go to her home, demanding her time in office be done.

But the community in which Krewson lives is a private one. At the entrance is a historical wrought iron gate, with several signs making it apparent that both the streets and properties inside are not to be trespassed upon.

However, the protesters, of which the Post-Dispatch estimated to be in the hundreds, didn’t seem to care. They marched into the community, breaking down the gate and entering on to people’s private property without concern.

The McCloskey family was having dinner outside and, therefore, immediately noticed the mob rushing into the community. According to the police records, Mark and Patricia McCloskey advised the protesters that the property and street were private, and therefore they were not allowed. And in true mob fashion, the couple was met with threats, some even on their life and the lives of their pets.

Mr. McCloskey told the police, “A mob of at least 100 smashed through the historic wrought iron gates of Portland Place, destroying them, rushed towards my home where my family was having dinner outside and put us in fear of our lives. This is all private property. There are no public sidewalks or public streets. I was terrified that we’d be murdered within seconds, our house would be burned down, our pets would be killed. We were all alone facing an angry mob.”

The couple called the police, but it would take time for them to arrive, and so in the meantime, the couple armed themselves—Mr. McCloskey with an AR-15 and Patricia with a handgun. As the crowds of protesters passed by their home, the couple stood at the ready, encouraging the mob to leave and move along.

The protesters wisely moved on to the nearby mayor’s home, but not before many took pictures and videos of the armed couple. These were then hastily posted on social media, calling for the family’s ruin. Their address was published, as were their names and the name of their law firm.

Naturally, once the incident was made known to the public, many began demanding that the pair be arrested and disbarred. But for what? Simply defending their home?

Per the Post-Dispatch, the couple did nothing legally wrong.

“Andrew Walker, a constitutional law professor at St. Louis University, said that although it’s ‘very dangerous’ to engage protesters with guns, the homeowners broke no laws by brandishing or pointing weapons at them because Portland Place is a private street. He said they are legally protected by Missouri’s Castle Doctrine, which allows people to use deadly force to defend private property.”

And it appears the police agree with Walker. Authorities have since said that they are looking at charges of trespass and fourth-degree assault with intimidation for the protesters, and not the couple.

Just how it should be. This couple was faced with an angry mob, who shouted obscenities and had weapons of their own. After weeks of violent protests throughout the country, one of which ended in murder just miles from this very community, the couple had every right to be worried about their family’s safety and so arm themselves.

This is what NBC put out, notice the difference?

Couple recorded pulling weapons on protesters outside their St. Louis home

Sunday night's demonstration was sparked by mayor releasing names and addresses of "defund police" advocates.

St. Louis couple goes viral after pointing guns at protesters

JUNE 30, 202002:58June 29, 2020, 4:21 PM EDT / Updated June 30, 2020, 6:47 AM EDT
By David K. Li and Caroline RadnofskyA husband and wife brandished firearms at protesters outside their St. Louis home during a demonstration protesting both police brutality and recent actions by Mayor Lyda Krewson, authorities said Monday.
A man holds a firearm as protesters walk through his neighborhood in St. Louis, Missouri, on June 28, 2020.Lawrence Bryant / ReutersThe incident unfolded at 7:23 p.m. CT on Sunday at the foot of Portland Place in the affluent St. Louis neighborhood of West Central End, officials said.

Police described the armed man, 63, and woman, 61, as "victims" of trespassing and fourth-degree assault.

"The victims stated they were on their property when they heard a loud commotion coming from the street," the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department said in a statement. "When the victims went to investigate the commotion, they observed a large group of subjects forcefully break an iron gate marked with 'No Trespassing' and 'Private Street' signs."
The neighborhood has streets with limited access that are considered private property.

"Once through the gate, the victims advised the group that they were on a private street and trespassing and told them to leave," the police statement said. "The group began yelling obscenities and threats of harm to both victims. When the victims observed multiple subjects who were armed, they then armed themselves and contacted police."

Albert Watkins, a lawyer for the couple — husband-and-wife attorneys Mark and Patricia McCloskey — insisted his clients were "in fear of imminent harm."

"Both Mr. and Mrs. McCloskey acted lawfully on their property which sits on a private gated lane in the City of St. Louis," Watkins said in a statement to NBC News. "Their actions were borne solely of fear and apprehension, the genesis of which was not race related."

But Daniel Shular, a freelance photojournalist who was at the protest, said he didn't see anyone breaking into the neighborhood and instead recalled seeing protesters simply strolling through an open gate.

"I kind of turned around to take some pictures of people coming through the gate, then I turned back around and by then he had his long gun in his hand," Shular told NBC News. "And the woman came out with a pistol and started pointing it with her finger on the trigger at everybody."

Shular said "people were just kind of yelling at" the couple, but he couldn't clearly make out what was said.

"It was just angry sort of … people asking, 'Why do you have a gun? It’s a peaceful protest!'" Shular said, adding that he didn't see people yelling at the couple "until they started brandishing guns, then it got heated."

"I really don’t remember hearing anyone yell any obscenities or anything at them until the man had the gun. He was also yelling before he had a gun in his hand," Shular continued. "I couldn’t make out anything he said."

Shular recalled seeing at least one armed protester, but said that's common in demonstrations around St. Louis.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 07-02-2020 at 10:33 AM.
Old 07-03-2020, 05:15 AM
Fork Horn

I would not of expected anything different being reported from the scumbag so called news outlet NBC " News "
Old 07-03-2020, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tucker Carlson reported last night that this couple is facing numerous credible death threats, and that they attempted to hire every security in StL, all of which declined.

Good money making opportunity for a "have gun will travel" type.

This couple are multi-millionaires.
Old 08-21-2020, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now, (before they speak at the convention) who here will admit what we all know, that the couple never should have pointed firearms at individuals or put their fingers inside the trigger guards? That's basic gun safety.

Attached Thumbnails The rest of the story the main stream media omitted-pointing.jpg   The rest of the story the main stream media omitted-mark-patricia-mccloskey-husband-wife-lawy-l-syj91c.jpeg  
Old 08-21-2020, 06:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Luckly for the mob( and any grirlscouts selling cookies he might want to SMELL,door to door salesmen,poll takers etc etc, etc) ol (blastin threw the door with a shotgun) joe wasnt there https://www.azquotes.com/quote/577828

Old 08-21-2020, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Beau Ouiville View Post
Now, (before they speak at the convention) who here will admit what we all know, that the couple never should have pointed firearms at individuals or put their fingers inside the trigger guards? That's basic gun safety.
Typical! You have no idea what the protesters were saying or doing. What would you do if somebody voiced threats and then stuck their hand in their pocket, made a quick movement, or some other provocative move? I might draw down on them also.
On the flip side if I were in a crowd and a couple of armed nervous types were facing my direction I'd unass the area.
I think there is enough fault to go around on both sides. IMO I'm really surprised nobody has opened up on a crowd of unpeaceful protestors yet.
The only thing I might have done differently is stood behind cover instead of in the open in the front yard. What they did was reasonable but they were likely nervous and a bit inept.

Missouri Castle Doctrine

Missouri recognizes the "castle doctrine" and allows residents to use force against intruders, without the duty to retreat, based on the notion that your home is your "castle." This legal doctrine assumes that if an invader disrupts the sanctity of your home, they intend to do you harm and therefore you should be able to repel their advances.

Last edited by MudderChuck; 08-21-2020 at 06:19 PM.
Old 08-22-2020, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Beau Ouiville View Post
The couple already said they were in fear for their lives. Looks like they were ready to shoot also.
Old 08-23-2020, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

when you find somebody on your property that's not supposed to be there I would like to see what you do BEAU ? Check to see if all is politically correct ??? OR Warn and or shoot !!!!!!!! Oh yea the Libs want you to call the Cops ! Right ? And wait, and wait and wait, then you can wake up dead.
Old 08-23-2020, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

From what I've read about the incident, the "protesters" broke through a locked gate into the subdivision and were threatening the couple. Since the couple felt threatened (who wouldn't in these times), they armed themselves with weapons to protect themselves. It's very easy to criticize somebody else while hiding behind the anonymity of a screen name. It's much harder to have to make those same decisions when an angry mob broke through a locked gate and is now coming onto your property.
Old 08-24-2020, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
The couple already said they were in fear for their lives. Looks like they were ready to shoot also.
I think you avoid the issue. They were dancing back and forth on their lawn, showing weapons and then pointing the weapons at protesters going past their property. That's irresponsible gun handling whether they were fearful or not.

And now the RNC wants to make them poster children at their convention? For what reason? I guess they will talk about how everyone needs to be educated on gun safety. Any CCW class would fail them.

Last edited by Beau Ouiville; 08-24-2020 at 06:47 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.