Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

So what if??

Old 06-28-2020, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default So what if??

I can't help but think that if Trump were to send in the military to restore order in these places like Seattle, Atlanta, etc., he could win the election by an incredible landslide. I could be wrong, I guess. But it seems as though he is just watching this insurrection like every one else.

Black Lives Matter is obviously a terrorist organization attempting to overthrow the lawful government. Why not just put an end to this barbarian savagery?

Well I will be leaving here tomorrow. Sachiko and the girls have already gone home. She was in tears of happiness when she called me to say she was back home.

As you guys know, I am a senior citizen. I have lived in this country for many years. I cannot believe this is the county in which I grew up.

I miss so many of the guys who used to post here, but we both enjoyed sort of reconnecting. I will be out of here tomorrow. I am kind of tagging along with some guys with political connections, so I should be able to get back with no hassle.

So keep up the good fight. Try to prevent Black Lives Matter and their ilk from taking over the United States of America.
Old 06-28-2020, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

I think using the military to deal with problems that should be handled by the Cities and States would be a mistake.

The cities never should have allowed any of this to happen in the first place. So it should never have even been a question of whether to use the military.

We went to tear gas the first night of "protests" when things started getting rowdy and it set the tone for the rest of the protests. We also benefited from some sensible leaders in the city I work in that told the crowds essentially "if you're here to cause problems or to destroy our homes we will turn you over to the police ourselves" and things have stayed mostly peaceful with a few individuals arrested for their stupidity.

Safe travels to you and your family CR. Glad to hear you all are well

-Jake
Old 06-28-2020, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have a safe trip Cr422. Take good care of your lady!
Old 06-28-2020, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

personally I think if the military is going to be used for something, it should be used to protect our borders from illegals from entering! IMO!

Old 06-29-2020, 02:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

BLM a terrorist organization? possibly, but every dollar raised by BLM goes to the Democratic Party, that's a fact. Go on their website like your a donor and trace it down, they gave big bucks to Biden and Warren.
RR
Old 06-29-2020, 05:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

The problem is liberal/progressive executives (mayors, governors). Liberals and progressives are VERY uncomfortable using force. Therefore, they use force ineptly. They wait too long to apply force, things get out of hand, then the ultimate application of force is harsh. This idea is set forth in James Burnham's book "Suicide of the West" published in 1964. It is amazing how sound the analysis in that book is and how well it continues to apply today. Bocajnala's post above indicates the RIGHT way to use force -- let people know from the get go that criminal behavior will not be tolerated.

A further question is WHY are liberal/progressive executives uncomfortable using force? Maybe because they view man as basically good, human nature is basically good. Force should be unnecessary because enlightened equals will see their error soon without the odious application of force. This is a distinctive view of human nature, and it is a view of human nature that has been espoused by intelligent people ONLY since the enlightenment. It certainly was not the view of Hobbes or Machiavelli or the Romans or the Greeks. Machiavelli said "Whoever desires to found a state and give it laws must start by assuming all men are bad and ever ready to display their vicious nature, whenever they may find occasion for it. Men act right only under compulsion." Discourses Book 1, chapter 3, by Machiavelli. I believe Aristotle says something consonant with this view of human nature. Why are we so foolish that we have turned our eyes away from the world as we find it and substituted some ideal of man as we wish he was?

Last edited by Alsatian; 06-29-2020 at 05:20 AM.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why would they use force on their own soldiers @ Alsatian?

As Ridger Runner factually stated: 90% of money being donated to BLM goes straight to the DNC/Biden/Warren, et al.

If Dems crack down, BLM cuts off that money funnel.
Old 06-30-2020, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

I agree with Jake. The problem with using the military is that what is happening is a crime and should be dealt with as a criminal matter, i.e. arrests, prosecution and jail or prison sentences. I'm not saying the National Guard can't or shouldn't assist police with extra bodies, etc. but the police should be the face of any response. If cities/counties won't crack down on lawlessness, it's that state's governor's job to step in. If the state Governor won't do his/her job, maybe they need to lose some funding from the fed. And at that point, maybe federal troops with fed police (FBI, etc.) should be considered. I haven't thought that part all the way through yet and am still deciding on it.
Old 07-01-2020, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, still here waiting to go home. I'm finished with what I came here to do, but I have to wait for the guys who are my ticket to squeeze back into the country.

I can't believe what is going on here. These liberals are going to tear the country apart. The lack of respect for the law and the rights of other citizens is appalling. But even more appalling is the fact that our elected officials are doing nothing to enforce respect for the law and the rights of all citizens. I still think Trump should send in the troops to restore order. Eisenhauer sent the 101st Airborne into Little Rock in 1957 to integrate the high school there. I firmly believe that if Trump were to send in the military to restore order, he would win by an incredible landslide. Nobody wants to see police brutality. But do people want a country run by Black Lives Matter?

I also don't understand the resistance to masks. The prefecture in which we live, Osaka prefecture, (a prefecture is the equivalent of a state) has a population of about 8.8 million. The state of Michigan where we used to live, and where I am right now, has a population of about 9.9 million. Deaths from the virus in Michigan? About 6,000. Deaths in Osaka prefecture? As of today, 86. Been that way for a week now. Tokyo prefecture is about 325. I'm talking about the prefectures, not the cities. The population of Osaka city is only about 2 million. So are East Asians somehow immune? No! Everyone in Japan wears a mask and has since this virus popped up. (And don't repeat that nonsense about people here wearing masks because of air pollution. The air here is no different than the U.S.) Sachiko travels back and forth to the campus by bus or train. She will tell you that you will not see anyone who is not wearing a mask. Period. (She takes the bus if it's raining because it's closer. The train is farther, but it's gets here there faster.

Deaths in all of Japan is about 980 or so. The population of Japan is about 126 million so you have to multiply that by three to compare to the U.S. So that gives you over 100,000 deaths in the U.S. versus less that 3,000 in Japan on a comparative basis.

Don't take my word for these numbers. Log on to www.nippon.com/en. It's news about Japan for people who don't speak Japanese. They publish the cases/deaths by prefecture every day. (For those who remember "The Karate Kid," there is a miyagi prefecture.)

I just got a text to get my *** to Chicago this afternoon. So this may be my last chance to spread BS on this site. So remember to vote Republican, but not for Mitt Romney of course.

The rental car I'm driving is a KIA, but it was built in the U.S.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have a safe flight cr422!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.