Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Rapidly approaching critical mass >

Rapidly approaching critical mass

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Rapidly approaching critical mass

Old 06-01-2020, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not really anything complicated that I see. He hit no one, got pulled from his truck, and beat by a mob. I could see giving him a ticket for traveling on a closed off route, I guess.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:29 AM
Typical Buck

Truck drivers should remember what happened to trucker, Reginald Denny during the 1992 LA riots. This FedEx driver seems to have remembered and wasn't going to let history repeat itself:

Old 06-01-2020, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is an excellent example of "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

If anyone else has compelling video, please post it here.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:22 AM
Dominant Buck

No video but saw a banner on one of the news networks that last night there were 300 fires in Philly alone. It must have been a zoo. I understand that it got so ugly close to the White House that they evacuated Trump, his wife and kid to the emergency bunker. Funny how all of a sudden nobody is talking about the Covid-19 anymore.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

My brother is very close to one of the riot locations in Philly. He said that there were Police helos buzzing his neighborhood all night. Another friend of mine who is still local told me they hit all the stores along a road I used to live on.

One of the 76ers, Joel Embiid, tweeted directing the rioters to my brothers neighborhood because "that's where all the cops live." He told them to look for "blue lights" outside of homes, because that's how to identify where cops live.

Kinney, the mayor of Philly, is a progressive. He has the "we have to give them space to destroy" mindset that the ex mayor of Baltimore so infamously voiced during the Freddy Gray riots.

Last edited by Valorius; 06-01-2020 at 09:34 AM.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:39 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
No video but saw a banner on one of the news networks that last night there were 300 fires in Philly alone. It must have been a zoo. I understand that it got so ugly close to the White House that they evacuated Trump, his wife and kid to the emergency bunker. Funny how all of a sudden nobody is talking about the Covid-19 anymore.
We should see a big bump in Covid cases in all of these cities, right? No one was social distancing.

The people not opposed to the rioting and looting were the same people telling people to stay inside because of Covid.
They were also the same people telling business owner's they were selfish for wanting to open their business.
Grandma isn't that important anymore to some people, I guess.

The word hypocrisy comes to mind.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Covid???? what is that? Funny I haven't heard much about that all week. Funny what takes the spotlight and people's mind off a pandemic. Not exactly the way to get America open again. Now they will have to rebuild....I bet the glass people will prosper,
Old 06-01-2020, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Philly PD shoots tear gas at white protestors blocking I76 during rush hour. This does not bode well for tonight.

Philly PD also tear gased white protesters on the steps of the art museum today. They are not even waiting for nightfall.

*Protestors do not appear to be antifa, but rather progressive liberal white hipster types, which absolutely abound in the downtown Philly area.

Last edited by Valorius; 06-01-2020 at 02:53 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
Not really anything complicated that I see. He hit no one, got pulled from his truck, and beat by a mob. I could see giving him a ticket for traveling on a closed off route, I guess.
Not that it excuses the protesters action, but the complication lies in the racial history of the bridge itself, which is why our Governor closed the bridge to allow what was supposed to be a peaceful protest...

https://www.southwestjournal.com/new...nterstate-35w/

I also mentioned that I had worked in shipping. No product came into or left our yard without my signature... The reason I mention this is because we received a lot of product from Canada... As often as not, the Canadian drivers were immigrants of Eastern European decent, which often lead to communication issues... When I saw the drivers name I was reminded of those immigrant drivers. Not sure if the driver in this incident is one of those immigrants, but I did wonder about it. I thought that if he was an immigrant, it may have led to some confusion on his part which led him to cross the barrier, and drive onto that bridge...
Old 06-01-2020, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was not aware of any of that, but thanks for bringing it up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.