Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Minn cop arrested moments ago >

Minn cop arrested moments ago

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Minn cop arrested moments ago

Old 05-29-2020, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Minn cop arrested moments ago

Charges pending/not yet announced.

Hopefully this prevents a repeat of hell night tonight. At this point though, the rioting/looting has a lot of momentum behind it. It may be too late.

Old 05-29-2020, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

I read a short article in Minneapolis that said only the 1 officer was arrested. Do you have any more details?
Old 05-29-2020, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

So far as I have seen it is just the one cop that was arrested. Here's a video from fox news that was posted 6 minutes ago:

This is all I know.

The talking head in the video praised the DA for acting quickly but I'll tell you, I think they acted super slow on all this. Normally I'm a "wait for the investigation" type of a guy, but when it's on video...I feel like he should've been arrested about 5 minutes after the DA saw that video.

Last edited by Valorius; 05-29-2020 at 11:16 AM.
Old 05-29-2020, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

My wife is hollering "Murder 3 and manslaughter" out the window to me. I'm surprised there aren't more tack on charges like reckless endangerment, official misconduct, etc.

Old 05-29-2020, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Press conference from local Minn DA:

Tid bits: Investigations ongoing into other officers and charges anticipated. DA claims this is the fastest they have ever charged a cop. DA stated these are the exact same charges that were leveled against the Minneapolis cop that shot a woman in her pajamas from his squad car after she called the police to report a rape. (he was convicted and got 12 years in prison). In that case the cop was black and the woman white, if that matters to anyone.
Old 05-29-2020, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

A lot of times there are more charges, such as a hate crime, etc. Normally, the prosecutor files the rest of the charges which can be different from the arrest charges. In this case, I would expect more charges to be filed and probably more arrests as well.
Old 05-29-2020, 12:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Murder 3, manslaughter.
..they will need more than the national guard to save the city over the next few nights especially if it ends up on the manslaughter as a final charge.
Old 05-29-2020, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

@Champlain - That's why I was surprised there were not more tack on charges. It would probably cool the jets of the wolves. Those lesser charges are also usually much easier to get convictions on if the murder rap somehow fails to stick. Reckless endangerment is an absolute given.

I expect federal charges to follow too.
Old 05-29-2020, 12:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am curious is anyone is going to hold the mayor and police chief responsible in any way? This cop had more than 10 previous complaints for excessive force. Seems to me that some sort of action should have been taken before this. Note I don't excuse the cop for his actions but why was he allowed to remain on the force with all those complaints?
Old 05-29-2020, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think everyone involved is responsible. Including Amy Klobochar, who was the DA there. This probably officially sinks her chance at the VP nod by Biden, which she was probably going to get before this happened. Good news for the Witch from Michigan, I guess.

On another note, I have seen several internet commentators state that the Cop who killed the victim used to work with the victim. Which if true is very odd.

Finally, the charging document is now online. My wife showed it to me on twitter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.