Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Minn cop arrested moments ago >

Minn cop arrested moments ago

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Minn cop arrested moments ago

Old 05-29-2020, 04:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Yeah but he wasnt getting much air as it was. Just a thought
Old 05-29-2020, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags View Post
I am curious is anyone is going to hold the mayor and police chief responsible in any way? This cop had more than 10 previous complaints for excessive force. Seems to me that some sort of action should have been taken before this. Note I don't excuse the cop for his actions but why was he allowed to remain on the force with all those complaints?
Democrats are NEVER held to account for their actions. Look at what Hillary has done. Or more recently, De Blasio and Cuomo.

BUT, NO, MN will not do anything to the mayor of Minneapolis or to Gov. Walz.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Protests in multiple US cities ongoing, and the White house is on lock down after being surrounded by protestors.

Good job Minneapolis DA. Good job. This is your doing.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

If the cop is being charged federally, he might end up with an additional charge of committing the crime under color of authority. It's a federal criminal section that definitely gets cops attention as it should.

TITLE 18, U.S.C., SECTION 242

Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States, ... shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if bodily injury results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.
Old 05-30-2020, 06:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
I doubt the DA will agree to bail, but we'll see.

If you think these riots were bad, wait and see what happens if this guy gets a slap on the wrist. It will make the LA riots look like a picnic.
Looks like they set a half million dollar bail. I don't know what that means. Does he need .5 mil to get out. Is there a percentage he posts then uses a bail bondsman?
Old 05-30-2020, 06:20 AM
Banned

Usually it is 10% of the bond, but the judge can make it the entire amount if they want to.
Old 05-30-2020, 07:13 AM
Dominant Buck

That makes sence OT...thanks for the info.
Old 05-30-2020, 07:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
Protests in multiple US cities ongoing, and the White house is on lock down after being surrounded by protestors.

Good job Minneapolis DA. Good job. This is your doing.

Yeah, the natives are getting restless in Lancaster, they are going to protest in front of the Police station. They have no dog in the MN fight but protesting is what they do best. If they worked as hard as they protest they wouldn't be living in the conditions they are in. I would just once when the minorities are complaining and want more money for laying around and pumping out kids instead of working, have a politician tell them if they really want to see why they are in the position they are in, look in the mirror!
Old 05-30-2020, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
Looks like they set a half million dollar bail. I don't know what that means. Does he need .5 mil to get out. Is there a percentage he posts then uses a bail bondsman?
It can be slightly misleading. The actual bail that must be posted is a 1/2 Million $. if a person or their family posts their bail, they have to put up a 1/2 Million $. Since most people don't have that kind of money lying around in their bank account, they go to a bail bondsman. The bondsman typically charges them 10% although some charge a bit lower. The bondsman will want that 10% ($50,000) up front or in some sort of signed over collateral (usually a house). That $50,000 is non-refundable and is the bail bondsman's price for putting up the 1/2 Million $ bail. Think of it as very expensive rent on a 1/2 Million $. Even if the cop were to have all charges dismissed (absolutely zero chance of that happening), he or his family is still out the $50,000. So if you're truly innocent, it's much cheaper to sit it out in custody until they release you. If you're guilty, then you're just spending 1/2 Million $ for temporary freedom while you flee until they catch you. then you go back to jail a lot poorer and usually no family or friends will be dumb enough to bail you out the 2nd time. As some people might say, that's criminal math.

Edit: I wasn't as clear as I could be above. The collateral required by a bail bondsman must equal the entire amount of bond post. In this case, $500,000. The bondsman still wants the $50,000 up front in cash or a check that doesn't bounce. Some bondsmen might take payments on the $50K but that is a risky business practice.

Last edited by CalHunter; 05-30-2020 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 05-30-2020, 10:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Interesting. I wonder how it would play out if the defense attorney called for an independent autopsy since the prosecution side did one and it came back as inconclusive as death resulting from asphyxiation. We all watched that cop kneeling on Floyd but all it would take to either have charges dropped or drastically reduced would be for an underlying medical condition to be cause of death. I watched as OJ was acquitted when it appeared he would be found guilty so in a trial anything is possible. OJ getting off didn't create the turmoil that a white cop killing a black man would produce if he were set free.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.