HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Politics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/politics-16/)
-   -   Minn cop arrested moments ago (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/politics/423489-minn-cop-arrested-moments-ago.html)

Champlain Islander 05-29-2020 12:50 PM

Manslaughter could get a lengthy prison term or a slap on the wrist with probation. Generally as a trial goes ahead in order to get a conviction agreements are levied which reduces sentencing. This will end up taking a long time and unfortunately there will be bail and a general feeling of a fix in play. I understand it is the system but the public anxiety will continue to grow. I would not want to be in the twin cities over the short haul.

Valorius 05-29-2020 12:57 PM

I doubt the DA will agree to bail, but we'll see.

If you think these riots were bad, wait and see what happens if this guy gets a slap on the wrist. It will make the LA riots look like a picnic.

Champlain Islander 05-29-2020 01:03 PM

Manslaughter...no way they can deny bail. That cop wont be safe anywhere even in jail.

Valorius 05-29-2020 01:07 PM

They can put him in solitary. They did it to Paul Manafort for a hell of a lot less. In any case right now he's charged with Murder, so unless that somehow gets dropped, I do not see him getting bail.

Champlain Islander 05-29-2020 01:20 PM

You are probably right on the bail. I wonder what charges the other 3 will get. I saw another angle shot of the cop kneeling and behind the car there were 2 other cops holding him down.

flags 05-29-2020 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander (Post 4376528)
Manslaughter...no way they can deny bail. That cop wont be safe anywhere even in jail.

His arrest warrant is now posted online. He is facing 2 charges: Murder 3 and Manslaughter. Murder 3 could possibly prevent bail if they want to play hardball.

Champlain Islander 05-29-2020 01:31 PM

Chances are at least right now they will play hard ball just to save the city from being burned down. Tonight will get ugly especially since a huge crowd is forming in a protest. They better have cops and guardsmen on every corner tonight. I think I heard protests and rioting has spread to other cities too.

Valorius 05-29-2020 01:41 PM

If he gets bail everything will get ramped up to 11. And honestly I do not think an obvious and overt sociopathic murderer should ever get bail.

Champlain Islander 05-29-2020 01:49 PM

I watched that angle shot from the other side of the street. I wonder if the police car that they had him pinned down next to was running. His head was right under the exhaust. Carbon Monoxide poisoning is fatal and it happens fast.

Oldtimr 05-29-2020 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander (Post 4376537)
I watched that angle shot from the other side of the street. I wonder if the police car that they had him pinned down next to was running. His head was right under the exhaust. Carbon Monoxide poisoning is fatal and it happens fast.

You only die from carbon monoxide poisoning if you are in a confined space where the concentration of CO is high enough to kill someone.