Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Minneapolis Mayor >

Minneapolis Mayor

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Minneapolis Mayor

Old 05-30-2020, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

The headline kind of says it all but I included a link so people can read it if they choose.

George Floyd autopsy shows no signs of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation, attributes death to 'being restrained, his underlying health conditions, and any potential intoxicants in his system'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/george-fl...123131555.html
Old 05-30-2020, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Doesn't matter in the slightest bit now. The ball is rolling. If anything this will only make things worse.

Of course one has to ask- A) were there any intoxicants in his system? What does B) death due to 'being restrained' even mean? Does that mean well yeah he died cause a cop had his knee on his neck for 7 minutes? In which case we are back to square one.

It's also worth pointing out coroners work with cops every day, and a lot of people would probably tell you that they are not exactly impartial.

Last edited by Valorius; 05-30-2020 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-30-2020, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

I'm not claiming this headline or story vindicates or absolves the cop of blame. I'm just saying the story reinforces why cops should not use this tactic.
Old 05-30-2020, 10:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
Doesn't matter in the slightest bit now. The ball is rolling. If anything this will only make things worse.

Of course one has to ask- A) were there any intoxicants in his system? What does B) death due to 'being restrained' even mean? Does that mean well yeah he died cause a cop had his knee on his neck for 7 minutes? In which case we are back to square one.

It's also worth pointing out coroners work with cops every day, and a lot of people would probably tell you that they are not exactly impartial.
I hope you are not insinuating that the guy should still be prosecuted even if he was not directly responsible for the guy's death! We do not prosecute people simply because the riff raff wants them prosecuted under threat of arson.
Old 05-30-2020, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Out of curiosity OT, what exactly are you saying here?
Old 05-30-2020, 11:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

What I am saying if the medical examiner determines that it was not the officer's fault that the miscreant died and there was an underlying cause that made him die he should not be prosecuted. No one knows how much pressure was put on the suspects neck, the knee could have been putting light pressure or was just preventing him from raising his head in order to keep him from thrashing around. I am also saying we do not prosecute people in America because one segment of society riots and commits arson if a prosecution does not ensue. It is entirely possible after the medical report on the tests they are waiting for reports from a lab come back they will show that the guy had a drug in his system that caused him to expire . There is a lot pf premature judgement going on here. Why don't we wait to hang the defendant until after he had been proven guilty. Simply seeing a video which only shows what you can see is not proof the officer acted criminally.
Old 05-30-2020, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
I'm not claiming this headline or story vindicates or absolves the cop of blame. I'm just saying the story reinforces why cops should not use this tactic.
Not saying you did man. I've been here long enough to recognize your integrity.
Old 05-30-2020, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
I hope you are not insinuating that the guy should still be prosecuted even if he was not directly responsible for the guy's death! We do not prosecute people simply because the riff raff wants them prosecuted under threat of arson.
The video makes it clear he was directly responsible for the death. Regardless of anything any coroner says.

Clear video evidence trumps all, and unlike human beings, is completely impartial.
Old 05-30-2020, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
What I am saying if the medical examiner determines that it was not the officer's fault that the miscreant died and there was an underlying cause that made him die he should not be prosecuted. No one knows how much pressure was put on the suspects neck, the knee could have been putting light pressure or was just preventing him from raising his head in order to keep him from thrashing around. I am also saying we do not prosecute people in America because one segment of society riots and commits arson if a prosecution does not ensue. It is entirely possible after the medical report on the tests they are waiting for reports from a lab come back they will show that the guy had a drug in his system that caused him to expire . There is a lot pf premature judgement going on here. Why don't we wait to hang the defendant until after he had been proven guilty. Simply seeing a video which only shows what you can see is not proof the officer acted criminally.
I have a pretty substantial problem with Floyd being characterized as a miscreant.

The cop killed George Floyd. The video evidence is incontrovertible.
Old 05-30-2020, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

You're all over the place V. Look up the definition of miscreant. He absolutely fits the definition.

You're also saying "it doesn't matter why he died. The cop did it." Which again is ignoring facts- even though you're presenting it as a fact.

The facts matter. The officer was in the wrong. Both those things are true.

But you can't definitively say the officer killed him. You simply can't. Not yet at least. By video- it certainly does appear that way.

Well you can state that... And probably will. But you would be wrong.

-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.