Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Minneapolis Mayor >

Minneapolis Mayor

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Minneapolis Mayor

Old 05-29-2020, 09:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Think he had high blood pressure with some associated heart condition...just like many people his age. I dont think anything came out on the autopsy though.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Umm... At this point I think we can rule out pr-existing conditions... The man was murdered... Period...
Old 05-29-2020, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator

If that's pointed at me, that's misstating what I intended. If it was aimed at somebody else, disregard. But to explain where I was going with that for GP purposes in the discussion, here's more detail.

If a person has a pre-existing condition, they are more at risk for dying if they get into some kind of struggle or altercation. You or I might not have had as much problem breathing since we don't have high blood pressure and a heart condition. It might have meant the difference in us not dying under same/similar circumstances. The pre-existing conditions wouldn't excuse the cop's poor decision to use a dangerous maneuver like that. What the pre-existing condition(s) would mean is that cops everywhere need to be even more careful because a maneuver they might not think will cause somebody to die can because it's added on top of a pre-existing condition that they wouldn't likely have known about. In essence, a pre-existing condition makes such a police maneuver even more dangerous. In this case, it killed a man. And was entirely avoidable.

It's stuff like this that an autopsy brings out and people who study police use of force issues pay close attention to. So to recap, any pre-existing conditions won't excuse the cop's behavior and won't get him out of any charges. He's still toast. But cops will hear about this case in training and you can bet that pre-existing medical conditions will come up from any autopsy report.

Last edited by CalHunter; 05-29-2020 at 11:39 PM.
Old 05-29-2020, 11:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I getting tired of all these blue states stinking up the place.

C. Davis
Old 05-30-2020, 12:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by C. Davis View Post
I getting tired of all these blue states stinking up the place.

C. Davis
I guess that the police murdering Black people is still okay in Texas... No need to worry about rioters... Right? (Pun indented)
Old 05-30-2020, 01:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
I guess that the police murdering Black people is still okay in Texas... No need to worry about rioters... Right? (Pun indented)
No, it isn't, and it didn't happen in Texas.
Minnesota is supposed to be very "progressive." This isn't supposed to happen in the only State that was too smart to vote for Reagan.
Now, the politics in Minneapolis let the obvious murder of a black man stew since Monday until their well cared for, liberally represented citizens are looting and burning down their city, and they have sparked the same carnage across many of other Democrat districts across the whole country. Although, I will say the protests in Dallas and Houston were much more tame.

Couple this with Cuomo in New York letting NYC become a Covid embarrassment (he just doesn't know it), and many other blue states holding on to the Covid virus like a security blanket, and it is starting to cause nausea to more sensible people in the country who know these are crises they will not let go to waste in the mother of all election years.

C. Davis
Old 05-30-2020, 02:57 AM
Dominant Buck

I think it happens all over the country. All it takes is one cop using poor judgement. Many got swept under the rug in years past but now the media is looking for the story and it goes national news no matter where it happens. I will point out that there often is a percentage disparity between races when it comes to crime.
Old 05-30-2020, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

Videos do make for compelling news stories. Lunker, are you still ruling out pre-existing conditions. I guess your autopsies would be pretty quick.
Old 05-30-2020, 09:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
I think it happens all over the country. All it takes is one cop using poor judgement. Many got swept under the rug in years past but now the media is looking for the story and it goes national news no matter where it happens. I will point out that there often is a percentage disparity between races when it comes to crime.
You can't blame what is happening all over the country right now on a cop or several cops exercising poor judgement. The trash that are rioting, burning and looting were always those people and they were just looking for an excuse to behave like the uncivilized animals they were before the death in MN and they will be uncivilized trash when this is over. This trash is sure no one will order the guns to be turned on them, they know they will be free to do whatever they want because the government is afraid of what they will do if they drop the hammer on some of them. It is decades past time to take out the trash, it is stinking up the country. These idiots burn down their own neighborhoods chanting "no justice no peace"! That knife cuts in both directions, if they want peace, give them permanent peace. Once some of them assume room temperature the rest will scuttle away back into their holes like rats and cock roaches always do when the light comes on. Time to show them the light. C I, not often, but always a disparity between races in committing crime!

Last edited by Oldtimr; 05-30-2020 at 10:22 AM.
Old 05-30-2020, 10:01 AM
Dominant Buck

I hear you. The racial issue goes both ways. Yes there are whites that look down on blacks and then there are blacks that through their own choices deserve the reputation they have. The gangs, drugs and murders are at epidemic levels especially in the large inner cities. Vermont has less than a 2 percent black population but especially in Burlington when you see the evening news on a drug bust or murder the suspects race can more often be predicted than not. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of really good hard working people of color here in the Green Mountain State but the criminal element often slides up here from NYC or Boston to work their crime careers. I think they believe our cops are all Barney Fifes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.