Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Minneapolis Mayor >

Minneapolis Mayor

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Minneapolis Mayor

Old 05-29-2020, 07:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

With reference to things getting out of hand in Minneapolis:

"Because men are so foolish in Florence [substitute the United States], it happens all too frequently that no attempt is made to punish those who have caused upheavals. Instead, every effort is made to grant them impunity, so long as they put down their arms and desist. This sort of thing hardly serves to repress the insolent; on the contrary, it turns lambs into lions." Francesco Guicciardini, Ricordo 177 of Series C of "Maxims and Reflections." Guicciardini was a 16th century Florentine diplomat who began his career as a lawyer.

Why can this be so clearly understood 500 years ago but we so much more scientific and learned moderns do not know this? On what foolish theory is it OK to tolerate this crap? How many totally unrelated deaths, how much unnecessary property damage needs to happen before the law enforcement -- or the national guard, I am not particular what species of government force is applied to maintain order -- compels people to act right?

I imagine the explanation is some politician doesn't want to potentially damage his electability -- the politician is more concerned about his own political self-interest than in the interests of his community.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

The upheaval was caused by the cop who murdered a citizen in broad daylight and the DA who refuses to charge him.

Everything since is just wolves doing what wolves do.

It will end as soon as the cop is behind bars. But yet, still no charges, still no arrest. Rome burns as the DA fiddles, quite literally.

Totally self inflicted.

Last edited by Valorius; 05-29-2020 at 09:32 AM.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

^^^ I agree with all of this except an arrest ending it. Wolves will be wolves until somebody stops them, i.e. starts arresting them. And I don't think that will happen under the present circumstances.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I fear too much momentum has been worked up for this to just stop. This is a very ugly and almost entirely self inflicted situation.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Ditto!! Sad state of affairs and it was most likely avoidable (autopsy results might say otherwise).

Last edited by CalHunter; 05-29-2020 at 06:58 PM. Reason: sp.
Old 05-29-2020, 12:24 PM
Dominant Buck

I think the autopsy came back as not conclusive he died by asphyxiation from a neck compression. Coroner said man being cuffed and a level of intoxication could have contributed. They just threw gas on the fire. I just saw on CNN that a huge protest is forming. It looked like tens of thousands of people on a bridge.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 05-29-2020 at 01:08 PM.
Old 05-29-2020, 01:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

There is such a thing as positional asphyxiation, that is why you lay a handcuffed person on their side and not on their stomach.
Old 05-29-2020, 02:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
There is such a thing as positional asphyxiation, that is why you lay a handcuffed person on their side and not on their stomach.
I posted on another thread that the guys head was under the police car's exhaust. I wonder if the cop car was running. I am not sure what the policy is but I often see police cars still running when parked.
Old 05-29-2020, 05:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

With the pollution controls in gasoline today death by CO poisoning pretty much a thing of the past with exhaust fumes.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 05-29-2020 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

CI, I was curious if the black guy had any other medical conditions which also could have been aggravated by both the apparent struggle before he was handcuffed and being on his chest with a knee to his neck. And OT is correct about positional asphyxiation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.