Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Trump's tweet on Joe Scarborough and Lori Klausutis may be costly >

Trump's tweet on Joe Scarborough and Lori Klausutis may be costly

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Trump's tweet on Joe Scarborough and Lori Klausutis may be costly

Old 05-29-2020, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags View Post
For what it is worth, Twitter and FaceBook aren't the only ones that practice censoring. I read 5 or 6 different news platforms every day and often comment on articles. For the last 3 weeks or so whenever I post a comment on the Fox News site it gets deleted within a minute or two. None of the comments violate any of the guidelines, they contain no profanity, they are not argumentative and they are no worse than any of the other comments posted. Doesn't matter if I reply to someone else's post or originate one, they always get deleted. So for some reason they flagged me and censor everything I put up. I had to get a different user name and a throw away email account in order to post.

As much as it irritates me, I understand they have the right to do it. 1st amendment is only binding on the federal govt. Media sites and social media sites are privately owned entities and like this site they can set their own rules about what they allow to be posted.
Pinterest has banned me so many times that I dont' even bother to look at their site anymore. Ditto with mother jones.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator

My apologies on conflating you and RogerV. And your avatars don't even look alike. LOL. Anyway, I thought that was where you were headed with your point of view on censorship. As for the left censoring conservative posts, etc., I pointed out that Valorius was the one who first made the claim. I have read a few articles about it. One in particular was an interview of some VP from either twitter or FaceBook. She admitted a few things and danced around others. Aside from that, it would be people claiming their posts were censored which is a hard thing to prove either way as you would need a screen shot showing their post and then a 2nd (later) screen shot showing their post no longer existed on the same platform.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
Cal, I saw RogerV make a "perfect world" comment earlier this week, but don't recall making a comment like that myself... As to your question, yes, people should be able to post what they want as long as it adheres to a given sites TOS, and basically let the viewers determine if they want to view the content of any post...

The other highlighted above seems a bit broad to me... Is the content being censored because it's conservative, or how it's being expressed? Again a sites TOS may be in play...
When a site is given special protections from the Federal Govt, which Twitter, You Tube, Face Book, etc are, their TOS must be 100% fair and equal. 100%.

They are not. Not even close. Twitter, You Tube, Facebook etc are advocates for a far left progressive view point. Not just biased- but advocates.

@Cal if you spend an hour on you tube, you can find all kinds of undercover video reports from Project Veritas where these organizations admit that conservatives are censored, on camera. The CEO of Twitter called Ben Shapiro a white supremicist, again, on camera.

Last edited by Valorius; 05-29-2020 at 06:51 PM.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

That CEO is a dummy. Shapiro would NEVER be allowed to join any White Supremacist group as ole Ben is Jewish and that precludes him from joining, being a member or participating. Apparently these guys don't believe in doing any homework, have poor reading comprehension skills or both.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

To them, any conservative, no matter how milquetoast, is an alt right white supremicist nazeeeee.

Look where all these companies are located. Silicon valley is perhaps the most progressive place in the entire world. As they say, "Companies are their employees."
Old 05-29-2020, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
When a site is given special protections from the Federal Govt, which Twitter, You Tube, Face Book, etc are, their TOS must be 100% fair and equal. 100%.

They are not. Not even close. Twitter, You Tube, Facebook etc are advocates for a far left progressive view point. Not just biased- but advocates.

@Cal if you spend an hour on you tube, you can find all kinds of undercover video reports from Project Veritas where these organizations admit that conservatives are censored, on camera. The CEO of Twitter called Ben Shapiro a white supremicist, again, on camera.
Val, when I challenged your claim on eugenics, you brought me to a truth, which was an education that I welcomed...

With this, your making claims, but am not finding any data other than rhetoric to back the claim... Not saying that your wrong... Just trying to search threw the claim...

A question I have... Is posting a fact check link to Trumps Tweet actually censorship? His Tweet wasn't deleted, they just gave an alternative view to the truth of his claim...
Old 05-30-2020, 03:09 AM
Dominant Buck

The root issue here is that Trump can't handle people disagreeing with him. He has a habit of saying or tweeting abrasive, ridiculous or false comments then it is cleanup on isle 5 for the White House. This aberation in his behavior diminishes his performance. When I voted for him I was hoping the office of president would temper that trait.
He has gotten worse unfortunately with the power of his office as a catalyst. Just my opinion though.
Old 05-30-2020, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

I guess Trump could pull back some of his comments but the problem is many people don't believe any of the "fact checkers." Most of them have spotty records on figuring out facts instead of propaganda and the better ones still allow some of their bias to shade their facts a little. Then you have the apparent fact (pun intended) that people in different parts of the political spectrum are treated differently when it comes to fact checking them, if at all. Then you have the "experts" who are quoted (often misquoted or taken out of context) as proof that Trump (or whoever is being fact checked) is wrong. Sometimes those "experts" change their opinion on facts with updated research or information but that change of mind/heart rarely makes its' way to the main fact checking discussion.

If all of the above sounds like a big mess, it's because it is. Far too often, you find yourself having to check the fact checkers and realize (belatedly) that you've been drawn into a swamp with a lot of 2-legged alligators.
Old 05-30-2020, 09:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
The root issue here is that Trump can't handle people disagreeing with him. He has a habit of saying or tweeting abrasive, ridiculous or false comments then it is cleanup on isle 5 for the White House. This aberation in his behavior diminishes his performance. When I voted for him I was hoping the office of president would temper that trait.
He has gotten worse unfortunately with the power of his office as a catalyst. Just my opinion though.
I want Trump to be held to the same standard as all the other presidents. But I also want him to be showed the same level of respect as all the previous presidents. You may be butt hurt about how the man acts but can you honestly agree that the reasons he does some of the things he does is because of the blatant disrespect that has been leveled at him? Name me one other president that they called for to be impeached before he was even sworn in. Name me one other president that the FBI and the DOJ tried to set up. Name me one other president that has been accused of accepting assistance from a foreign power. Name me one other president that was subjected to the opposing party paying for dirt and then using it for a FISA warrant. Name me one other president that has had to go to the SCOTUS to protect his private papers in accordance with the 4th amendment. Name me one other president that was impeached without being accused of a crime. Name me one other president that has had the media constantly attack him all the time.

Have you stopped to think about it? Or do you just want to whine about it?
Old 05-30-2020, 10:03 AM
Fork Horn

Trump is solely responsible for what he says. He listens to no one, does what he thinks is best, and, is driven by his ego and insecurities. Blaming the fact checkers or the press for what comes out of his mouth is really a stretch. The fact checkers and press wouldn't have as much to do if he talked less, paid more attention to detail and less to insulting, defaming, and otherwise maligning others.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.