Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Trump's tweet on Joe Scarborough and Lori Klausutis may be costly >

Trump's tweet on Joe Scarborough and Lori Klausutis may be costly

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Trump's tweet on Joe Scarborough and Lori Klausutis may be costly

Old 06-02-2020, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

I hear ya. I'm in CA and always vote. It doesn't affect the Presidential election, our US senators or the CA legislature but it does send a conservative to Congress. And it lets the President know that the entire state isn't loony left.
Old 06-02-2020, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nowadays with vote harvesting, they can even steal your local elections in Ca. Which is, of course, outrageous. But when one party writes all the rules, not much you can do about it.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
I actually didn't post that out of meanness or in some attempt to belittle you. I merely took your continuing complaints about Trump (some of which are justified) and boiled them down to their essence. You are slowly and lengthily talking yourself into not voting for Trump. I don't know if you've made that final conclusion yet or even recognized it for yourself but that seems to be the process you're going through. For most of us on this forum, it was a simpler process. We already know we're not going to vote for Biden. Our only remaining decision is whether to vote for Trump, write in Mickey Mouse or some other futile ballot protest or not vote. Writing in Mickey or not voting amounts to the same thing--letting other people make the decision. So for most of us, it comes down to are we going to vote for Trump, or not.

For most of us, we will see that all of the pols trash talk, are narcissistic and are not somebody we'd have a beer with, BBQ with or invite over for dinner. Although I would enjoy having a BBQ and beer with Cheney. So we're going to look at what Trump has done instead of what Trump has said. We may completely agree with what Trump has said, agree with part of it or disagree with all of it but we will put that aside and decide based solely on what Trump has done or has attempted to do. For us, whatever Trump has said would be empty words if he hasn't at least tried to accomplish the goals he mentioned. We would look past how he has said something and be much more focused on what he has accomplished or attempted to accomplish and if he has given up or is still attempting to accomplish those goals.

So for us, the decision about who to vote for has already been made. For you, I suspect you're quite a bit closer to your decision than you may realize. Your posts about Trump's harshness, etc. aren't intended to persuade any of us, just yourself. You want to vote for the best person for the job which is a noble goal. Trump says things you don't like and you don't like Trump. The pandemic process didn't go as smoothly as you or any of us would have liked although in fairness, that was an impossible goal since we are still learning about it and never had enough information and facts to make smart decisions and implement a smooth process for dealing with it. Experts were for something then against it and in the end, often were just guessing based on incomplete data. The media sought to turn it into a political issue and succeeded. Most politicians jumped on board that wagon as did most of our citizens and members on this forum. For many, politics is what you feel about something, not necessarily what you know about it. Politics is about how you say something and if it fills some need for social consciousness and identity politics, not just the facts. So by definition, politics can never really solve any of our issues like a pandemic.

With that as a backdrop, CI, I just guessed where you were heading with all of this and offered you a final decision with less stress and heartburn. Probably with more time for fishing. I'm not saying you have to do any particular thing or come to any particular decision. That's your decision and right obviously. I'm just pointing out where you seem to be heading with all of this. And I am okay with it if that matters, or not. I think everybody should vote according to their own conscience. I'm also okay with you encouraging vigorous debate for another 30 pages. It's your right to do so and it's also good for business. But if you decide to vote for Biden, just remember, I called it first.
Well said Cal. I have been saying pretty much the same thing but I'm not as eloquent as you are. Deep down I'm pretty much a bare knuckle brawler.
Old 06-02-2020, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not voting for Trump seems to me to be utterly self purpose defeating, since it is very likely he will be the last Republican president in US history. In any case, given that Flags is in Texas, it doesn't matter if he votes or not anyway. Texas will vote for Trump.

BTW: This thread has completely outlasted the joe scarborough controversy, which will never even be a footnote in history.

Last edited by Valorius; 06-03-2020 at 08:40 AM.