Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Is covid already beginning to vanish? >

Is covid already beginning to vanish?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Is covid already beginning to vanish?

Old 05-27-2020, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
This virus ain't over Val... Yeah I know, here we go again... To be honest, I hope you're correct... Just don't believe that you are...

Have researched your sources... Seems to me that there so far to the right that they need there own zip code,,,
Just because I post an article it doesn't necessarily mean I agree with the article. It means I think it's interesting and worthy of debate and wider circulation.

I have no idea what's going to happen in the fall.
Old 05-27-2020, 02:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nor does anyone else including WHO and the Surgeon general.
Old 05-27-2020, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
Just because I post an article it doesn't necessarily mean I agree with the article. It means I think it's interesting and worthy of debate and wider circulation.

I have no idea what's going to happen in the fall.
A couple of weeks ago I listened an interview of a guy who had studied major pandemics going back to the 13th century... He said that all of those past pandemics had a second wave... He also said that the second wave of the Spanish Flu was worse than the first...

The caveat being that those were flu pandemics... Nobody truly knows how this new virus is going play out...
Old 05-27-2020, 03:53 PM
Dominant Buck

My feeling is it will be bad but no where near the Spanish Flu pandemic. Today's medical treatments such as ventilators along with proper diagnostics weren't available in 1918. Lets hope the curve stays down and everything can open back up when it is time. The most vulnerable people can be protected to reduce the chance that they will be infected.
Old 05-27-2020, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
A couple of weeks ago I listened an interview of a guy who had studied major pandemics going back to the 13th century... He said that all of those past pandemics had a second wave... He also said that the second wave of the Spanish Flu was worse than the first...

The caveat being that those were flu pandemics... Nobody truly knows how this new virus is going play out...
If this has a second wave equivalent to the Spanish Flu, it won't be pretty.

To expand on what Champlain said about modern medicine, from what I have read one of the real mistakes of Spanish Flu was the widespread use of Aspirin. At the time Aspirin was still very new (first manufactured in 1899) and was used for darn near everything. Apparently it complicated the symptoms, like Ibuprofen complicates Flu Man Chu.

Last edited by Valorius; 05-27-2020 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-27-2020, 05:46 PM
Dominant Buck

One thing to remember when it comes to a novel virus. It is new and you have to learn some of it as you get into it