Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Proof Death Stats Are Being Manipulated >

Proof Death Stats Are Being Manipulated

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Proof Death Stats Are Being Manipulated

Old 05-15-2020, 09:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Proof Death Stats Are Being Manipulated

Colorado man died of alcohol poisoning, but death was later blamed on coronavirus

By David Aaro

A Colorado man who died of alcohol poisoning had his death classified as due to the coronavirus, possibly shedding light on a skewed virus death toll in the state, according to a report on Thursday.

Sebastian Yellow, 35, was found dead by police on May 4. Montezuma County Coroner George Deavers later determined that his death was due to acute alcohol poisoning. His blood-alcohol content measured in at .55. The legal limit in the state is .08.

But before Deavers signed the death certificate, Colorado health officials reportedly categorized Yellow’s death as being due to COVID-19.

“They should have to be recording the same way I do. They have to go off the truth and facts and list it as such,” said Deavers, according to Denver's KCNC-TV.

Back in April, health officials in Colorado classified three nursing home fatalities as COVID-19 deaths, even though attending physicians ruled they were not related to the coronavirus.

While Yellow later tested positive for COVID-19, Deavers said his death had nothing to do with the coronavirus.

“It wasn’t COVID, it was alcohol toxicity,” said Deavers, according to the station.”Yes, he did have COVID but that is not what took his life.”

The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment released a statement to KCNC-TV on how they classify COVID-19 related deaths.

"We classify a death as confirmed when there was a case who had a positive SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) laboratory test and then died. We also classify some deaths as probable," the statement said.

"The gist is that there must be strong epidemiological evidence of COVID-19 such as a combination of close contact with a confirmed case and symptoms of COVID-19. We will also count a death as a COVID-19 death when there is no known positive laboratory test but the death certificate lists 'COVID-19' as a cause of death."

Dr. Deborah Birx, the response coordinator for the White House coronavirus task force, said in April the federal government was classifying the deaths of patients infected with the coronavirus as COVID-19 deaths, regardless of any underlying health issues that could have contributed to the loss of someone’s life.

“There are other countries that if you had a pre-existing condition, and let’s say the virus caused you to go to the ICU [intensive care unit] and then have a heart or kidney problem,” she said during a news briefing at the White House. “Some countries are recording that as a heart issue or a kidney issue and not a COVID-19 death."

Classification instances like that of Yellow's could mean the virus is overcounted...
So those of you thinking the govt has no blame for this crisis and the hit on the economy ask yourself a question: What possible reason can they have for intentionally inflating the mortality numbers? Answer that and then get back to me.
Old 05-15-2020, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

With the sheer #'s of people dying and the rush to make room for the expected onslaught of corona victims, I knew there simply wouldn't be enough capacity to conduct autopsies and determine all causes and main causes of death. I heard that heart attacks, cancer deaths and the usual leading causes of death were all way down on #'s. When I heard the fed was paying hospitals for corona victims, that sealed the deal. Hospitals were not allowed to have non-essential surgeries and their revenue was dried up. Then the feds offer to pay them for each corona victim. It's not ethical but it's also not surprising that a lot of hospitals mislabeled deaths as corona when the actual #'s were probably a lot lower. It doesn't mean corona isn't a problem, just that it's been way over reported as far as deaths.
Old 05-15-2020, 10:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
Then the feds offer to pay them for each corona victim. It's not ethical but it's also not surprising that a lot of hospitals mislabeled deaths as corona when the actual #'s were probably a lot lower. It doesn't mean corona isn't a problem, just that it's been way over reported as far as deaths.
BINGO! There is an economic incentive to make every death in the nation due to COVID. The county gets no $$$ if the guy drinks himself to death, but if they can say he died of COVID then the county gets extra $$$ from the Feds. That is exactly the point. The number of deaths is being intentionally inflated. There are a couple of reasons for that and one of them is it keeps the nation in a panic and keeps them from opening the economy. DEMs know that a strong economy was the biggest card Trump had to play. They have a vested interest in keeping the economy in the toilet until the election. This is all by design. China is responsible for the virus but American Politicians are responsible for the economic problem. We are suffering from self inflicted pain.
Old 05-15-2020, 10:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
With the sheer #'s of people dying and the rush to make room for the expected onslaught of corona victims, I knew there simply wouldn't be enough capacity to conduct autopsies and determine all causes and main causes of death. I heard that heart attacks, cancer deaths and the usual leading causes of death were all way down on #'s. When I heard the fed was paying hospitals for corona victims, that sealed the deal. Hospitals were not allowed to have non-essential surgeries and their revenue was dried up. Then the feds offer to pay them for each corona victim. It's not ethical but it's also not surprising that a lot of hospitals mislabeled deaths as corona when the actual #'s were probably a lot lower. It doesn't mean corona isn't a problem, just that it's been way over reported as far as deaths.
That's certainly an opinion shared by many people Cal. On the flip side some medical experts like Dr. Fauci state their opinion that the numbers have been under reported especially in the beginning. I see that Russia is experiencing a dramatic case load increase in the past week or so. I wonder what mitigation they enacted?
Old 05-15-2020, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

States are getting $39k per death, so you know every possible death they can in any way whatsoever pin on Wu Man Flu, they're going to do it.

When this is all over I have ZERO doubt that audits will show the actual Chinese death total is at least 30% lower than advertised.
Old 05-15-2020, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

When did "We need to flatten the curve" become "We need a cure" before we could return to regular life in America?

What if there is no cure?
Old 05-15-2020, 11:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
When did "We need to flatten the curve" become "We need a cure" before we could return to regular life in America?

What if there is no cure?
You put your finger on it. The goal posts have been moved. Flatten the curve to avoid overflowing our hospitals: legitimate goal. Minimize the deaths from COVID-19: not a legitimate goal.

I think the key point here is . . . . . . this is NOT an emergency. It is not an emergency.

If it is not an emergency, then government does not have the legal authority to do most of the things they are currently doing -- interfering with rights of free assembly among many other things, interfering with restaurants opening and serving customers. This battle can be fought at every level. Governors can be sued. Mayors can be sued. None of these governmental entities have the authority to infringe our civil rights. All it takes is a few -- maybe a lot -- of court challenges.

People are mesmerized by this thing. They should not be. People die. It happens. People get sick and die. Why are we not freaking the hell out about cardiovascular disease and stroke deaths? These are more than an order of magnitude greater in number than deaths from COVID-19. Likewise cancer deaths. Why are COVID-19 deaths worse and more appalling than cardiovascular and stroke and cancer deaths? We have let the news media make us think this is a more dangerous and urgent thing than it is.

End the government pretexts that this is an emergency, and then end the shutdowns.
Old 05-15-2020, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Mayor of Los Angeles literally said today that LA is closed until there is a cure.

Da Fuq.

There may never be a cure.

Wisconsin's supreme court just ended their state's lockdown 2 days ago, and all the democrat counties in the state immediately issued their own lock downs.

I suspect we're going to see that pattern repeated over and over in Dem states in the coming days and weeks.
Old 05-15-2020, 12:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
some medical experts like Dr. Fauci state their opinion that the numbers have been under reported especially in the beginning.
I have read that as well but as stated it is an opinion and not a documented fact. There is a huge difference. An opinion is basically a hypothesis and a hypothesis, by definition, is not founded on actual evidence. It has been documented (see above for an example) that states are inflating the numbers. On the surface it would seem to make sense that the stated hypothesis would seem valid. However like many such hypothesis, engaging a little common sense and logic dictates otherwise.

When Fauci made that statement he said that is was "possible" that people were dying at home and were not diagnosed as COVID victims. However that is a flawed statement. In the USA if someone dies at home and is not under the care of either a physician or hospice type personnel then it is required by law that they be autopsied. This became a law due to 2 instances of Bubonic Plague in San Francisco and Hawaii. In those cases people were dying of the plague and the authorities were not aware of it until it became a crisis. So if somebody dies at home and is not diagnosed of something then an autopsy must be done to head off any new infectious diseases. In other words, COVID would have been revealed. You can't get the body embalmed or cremated without a death certificate and you can't get a death certificate unless the cause of death is documented. Fauci as a doctor knows this and for that reason knows his "opinion" is flawed.

Fauci has made a number of statements that have proven him to be unreliable. Additionally he has a connection to both the lab in China where they think this may have started and also to the WHO. Plus he made a statement in 2017 that Trump would have to deal with a pandemic. Now how did he know that? You may put a lot of faith in him, I don't. He is an unelected official that is making too many policy decisions for the nation. Many doctors with just as much knowledge and experience have disagreed with him. As Rand Paul noted he is not the "end all" when it comes to this.

Last edited by flags; 05-15-2020 at 12:40 PM.
Old 05-15-2020, 01:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Alsatian View Post
You put your finger on it. The goal posts have been moved. Flatten the curve to avoid overflowing our hospitals: legitimate goal. Minimize the deaths from COVID-19: not a legitimate goal.

I think the key point here is . . . . . . this is NOT an emergency. It is not an emergency.

If it is not an emergency, then government does not have the legal authority to do most of the things they are currently doing -- interfering with rights of free assembly among many other things, interfering with restaurants opening and serving customers. This battle can be fought at every level. Governors can be sued. Mayors can be sued. None of these governmental entities have the authority to infringe our civil rights. All it takes is a few -- maybe a lot -- of court challenges.

People are mesmerized by this thing. They should not be. People die. It happens. People get sick and die. Why are we not freaking the hell out about cardiovascular disease and stroke deaths? These are more than an order of magnitude greater in number than deaths from COVID-19. Likewise cancer deaths. Why are COVID-19 deaths worse and more appalling than cardiovascular and stroke and cancer deaths? We have let the news media make us think this is a more dangerous and urgent thing than it is.

End the government pretexts that this is an emergency, and then end the shutdowns.
So are you saying Alsatian this isn't that big a thing and there is no need for mitigation AKA social isolation? Opening everything up might re-ignite the economy but what happens if the virus comes back worse than before? For all who think this is just a political power play by liberals to oust Trump what about the rest of the world and the misery they are encountering? If anything I see politics standing in the way of science to get past this catastrophe. That's assuming this pandemic event is real.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 05-15-2020 at 01:14 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.