Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Proof Death Stats Are Being Manipulated >

Proof Death Stats Are Being Manipulated

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Proof Death Stats Are Being Manipulated

Old 05-16-2020, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
Georgia opened it's economy 2 weeks ago, even trump said it was too soon. There was all kinds of hand wringing and doom and gloom spewing forth from the leftist talking heads.

None of it came to pass.

Georgia is reopened, and doing very well.
With a 14 day quarantine period, indicating a 14 day incubation period for Covid 19 we still don't know what will come to pass... Tho no doubt we will know soon...
Old 05-16-2020, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

We are already killing more from the shutdown than the virus. We've known this for a month now.
Can you post the data that proves this claim?
Old 05-16-2020, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

CNN's latest poll shows Trump up by 8 and winning virtually every battle ground state.

Seriously...it's like a 400+ EV slaughter. Of course I don't trust polls, just putting it out there.
Agree with you about trusting the polls... In 2016 I was the only person at work that disbelieved the polls, and predicted a Trump win... I was getting a nation wide sense/feeling about Trump that I felt in Minnesota when Ventura was elected in 99...The day after the election, not a word about it to me from anyone at work... There were some very stunned folks around me...

Even if I had great belief in the polls... I wouldn't put much stock in a May poll in an election year...

Old 05-17-2020, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
Can you post the data that proves this claim?
Already been posted multiple times.

Georgia's still trending down, nothing happened, we don't need to wait any longer.

WRT Polls: Vegas has trump winning pretty convincingly. That is the only poll that really means anything to me, because people are putting their wallet on the line.
Old 05-17-2020, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
It's a balance
open up wrong and you get the 200K deaths. Wait too long and the economy collapses. Trump loses either way. Open it right and the economy rebounds with no huge outbreaks. Trump wins.
You realize hawaii is arresting tourists for leaving their hotel rooms, despite having 65 active cases in the entire island chain?

At this point the lockdown is 100% political sabotage.

Tim pool just reported on this today:

"Hawaii officials arrested a man from NY on fri for violating the states 14 day quarantine for tourists."

You folks have any idea how much it costs to sit in a hotel room and not leave in hawaii for 14 days?

"Authorities became aware of his social media posts from citizen (snitches)... This morning agents confirmed with hotel staff he had left his room several times." THE TEMERITY!!!

"He was arrested and booked on friday, his bail set at $4000."

"Hawaii AG Clare O'Connor said, "We appreciate the assistance of local snitches who spot flagrant violations of our emergency rules on social media sites and report them to the gestapo."

We are literally watching tyranny in action.

Last edited by Valorius; 05-17-2020 at 08:07 AM.
Old 05-17-2020, 09:18 AM
Dominant Buck

That Hawaii story is very troubling.
Old 05-17-2020, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

It is very troubling. If the guy is in jail, does he still have to pay for his hotel room? Is he going to get a timely hearing in front of a judge? Will he get adequate defense counsel to defend himself? Since Hawaii is willing to trample on 1 civil right, are they going to trash the rest?

In response to your above statement about experts clarifying their model predictions CI, no, they didn't. They stood in front of cameras with reporters and stated worst case scenarios. They didn't explain any predictions for how much they could reduce those predictions with mitigation measures. Instead, they said they didn't know. Yet they knew the worst case scenarios which were also simply projections or Wild ass guesses. Another way to put it was they scared the crap out of people. It was rightfully part of a discussion on what mitigation measures to take or not but it just wasn't presented that way. Instead, it was presented as stay home cause millions of people are gonna die like some middle ages bubonic plague kind of pandemic.

Trump and the governors needed to hear that as part of their discussion on how to handle the problem. The rest of us deserved to hear the rest of those conversations and we didn't. Remember how they went back and forth on masks? Did you hear why? Ask yourself how many people listened to these experts' partial explanations and then panicked. unnecessarily. Sometimes with tragic results. It doesn't mean they're not experts. It does mean that their actions and statements weren't always above reproach. It doesn't mean we shouldn't listen to what else they have to say. But it does mean we should analyze and consider what they say with some critical thinking skills. And ask a whole lot more questions. Way more than the largely idiot media are asking.
Old 05-17-2020, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

What really bothers me is all this "new normal" talk.

I already lived through 9-11 and Patriot act. I am -not- ever going to accept a "new normal" enforced against the citizenry by this or any other gubmint. We should all go out of our way to reject these attempts to control us.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Agree completely. You could say this is a dangerous time for civil rights but it is also a hugely important time for civil rights in that there will likely be court cases afterwards that define what measures the state and federal governments can take or not.
Old 05-17-2020, 02:57 PM
Dominant Buck

I just don't know. I honestly believe what the medical experts are saying rather than believe the political mouth pieces from either party. IMO politics has ruined our country. The partisan sniping both ways is so damaging at least from my way of thinking. Most here know I am basically a moderate and like to see the truck going down the middle of the road well away from the guardrails on both the left and right. This is certainly a global pandemic and millions of people have suffered as a result all over our planet. What bothers me most is that this has certainly become politicized especially here in America. We are the third most populous nation in the world with what most of us believe the best standard of living and best healthcare. I wouldn't have expected that our covid results would be the worst on the planet. The government takes the lead in all this and I am not satisfied that they did a good job.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.