Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Question Regarding Zero Percent Interest? >

Question Regarding Zero Percent Interest?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Question Regarding Zero Percent Interest?

Old 05-14-2020, 06:17 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Question Regarding Zero Percent Interest?

We have Mnuchin on TV saying they get to borrow money at zero percent interest right now and will take advantage of it. If this is really a good thing, why aren't states in the same position? Why aren't they using this awesome vehicle to right their budgets?
Old 05-14-2020, 07:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Because even a 0% loan has to be paid back. But if the states can make the Feds just give them the $$$ then they don't have to worry about paying it back. Get it?
Old 05-15-2020, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

If anyone thinks that the Fed isn't going to have to help the states threw this mess... There not thinking it threw... Wait until services like EMT's/Police/Fire, start shutting down due to a lack of money... Let alone other state and community services...

We've been threw crisis before... At this point I'm thinking that Powell has a few things figured out...
Old 05-16-2020, 07:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
If anyone thinks that the Fed isn't going to have to help the states threw this mess... There not thinking it threw... Wait until services like EMT's/Police/Fire, start shutting down due to a lack of money... Let alone other state and community services...

We've been threw crisis before... At this point I'm thinking that Powell has a few things figured out...
I beg to differ. It is foolish, liberal states that have the problem you speak of. And no wonder when they are pissing their money away on liberal crap like benefits for illegal immigrants. Nope, they can pay their own damn way.
Old 05-16-2020, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Alsatian View Post
I beg to differ. It is foolish, liberal states that have the problem you speak of. And no wonder when they are pissing their money away on liberal crap like benefits for illegal immigrants. Nope, they can pay their own damn way.
What your saying seems to suggest that red states aren't going to need any Federal financial assistance as a result of covid 19... I've done a little digging... Have yet not found that to be true, though admit I've just begun to dig into it...
Old 05-17-2020, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

The red states have not asked for bailouts.
Old 05-17-2020, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Honestly, its not the FEDS job to bail out States, that can't balance their own budgets.
Its a hard life lesson, for those who think they can just print money on the backs of those who CAN balance their budgets. But too bad.

Maybe this will be a lesson that MN and all the other ignorant liberal states need to learn the hard way.
Wasn't such a good thing to stick that loon Dayton in office then back him up with the TYRANT Tim Jong Walz....was it MN.
Then you have that mass murderer, CUOMO, in New York. Wasting BILLIONS of the peoples dollars on light bulb factories, or solar energy farms that failed to work.
Not to mention the De Blasio fiasco, who's wife basically STOLE millions from New York City. When it should have been goign to "community" programs for the underpriviildged.

Sounds like a great group of people to bail out, eh?

At least in WI, we had the stones to beat our Gov. in court.
Now we can get back to being ADULTS who don't need their hands held. All in the name of "being safe".
Old 05-17-2020, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post

The pols will shut down emergency services FIRST to apply political pressure.

Let them declare bankruptcy like we have to. I am 100% opposed to bailing out these states that have been running massive budget deficits for years.
Old 05-17-2020, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sconnyhunter View Post
Honestly, its not the FEDS job to bail out States, that can't balance their own budgets.
Its a hard life lesson, for those who think they can just print money on the backs of those who CAN balance their budgets. But too bad.

Maybe this will be a lesson that MN and all the other ignorant liberal states need to learn the hard way.
Wasn't such a good thing to stick that loon Dayton in office then back him up with the TYRANT Tim Jong Walz....was it MN.
Then you have that mass murderer, CUOMO, in New York. Wasting BILLIONS of the peoples dollars on light bulb factories, or solar energy farms that failed to work.
Not to mention the De Blasio fiasco, who's wife basically STOLE millions from New York City. When it should have been goign to "community" programs for the underpriviildged.

Sounds like a great group of people to bail out, eh?

At least in WI, we had the stones to beat our Gov. in court.
Now we can get back to being ADULTS who don't need their hands held. All in the name of "being safe".
Not sure about how in tune you are with MN politics... As to the highlighted above... MN had a 1B+ budget surplus pre Covid 19, we were not in a budget deficit, so the foolish liberal spending dog don't hunt here... They are predicting that there will be a 2B+ budget deficit post Covid 19...

As for Dayton... There is at least one member here that believes that I hate Trump... I don't hate Trump, I just don't like him... I do dislike Dayton as well, and hated him as our governor...

I'm not a fan of Walz either, but at least he was smart enough to let our safe at home order expire tomorrow, and is letting the state open back up... I do wonder about how much what transpired in WI influenced Walz decision?

Valorius, I believe I answered your above quote as well... MN hasn't been running a massive deficit for years, but is projecting a deficit post covid 19...

Last edited by Lunkerdog; 05-17-2020 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-18-2020, 06:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
The pols will shut down emergency services FIRST to apply political pressure.

Let them declare bankruptcy like we have to. I am 100% opposed to bailing out these states that have been running massive budget deficits for years.

Red state or blue state, there will not be one of them not trying to suck up federal money that the politicians are falling all over themselves to give away, the democrats are worse but they all want to give money away. Of course when it isn't your money it is easy to give it away and in the case of several states it is casting pearls before swine!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.