Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Latest Debacle At The NRA >

Latest Debacle At The NRA

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Latest Debacle At The NRA

Old 04-25-2020, 06:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Latest Debacle At The NRA

At the January meeting an NRA member or employee taped Wayne La Pierre stating that lawsuits had cost the NRA $100 million dollars. The NRA has laid off nearly all their employees. Plans for layoffs were made long before the COVID-19 crisis. Old Wayne has promised to take a pay cut. We NRA members will soon receive a missal form WLP asking for more money to "save the NRA" from himself and his greedy over compensated executives.

In 1998 the NRA board of directors raised executive salaries by 41 percent while cutting programs of the NRA Foundation.

"When you compare the salaries of the managers one level down from Wayne to that of virtually any comparable manager in a publicly traded small cap company, there is no comparison. The NRA managers are compensated beyond the level of their position and responsibility. If I had to hazard a guess, they are being compensated as much for their loyalty to their master Wayne as for the work that they actually do. This is just not right and sadly I see no change coming in the near to mid future."

https://onlygunsandmoney.com/2019/11...pensation.html

My contributions to the NRA will resume when the executives take a huge pay cut and WLP resigns.
Old 04-25-2020, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

As long as WP is there I will not renew my membership.
Old 04-25-2020, 02:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by flags View Post
That's a good line in the sand flags but it goes deeper than WLP.It started out as a cause to believe in and ended up as a cash cow for those who ran it.
Old 04-25-2020, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

GOA and SAF are the ones taking the fight to the enemy at every level in the US.

I am a member of both organizations.

Even if you don't join either, sign up for their email alerts. They email all the proper congress scum for you when you hit the action button in emails.

Old 04-25-2020, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

well I feel the frustration, and it sucks that so many CEO and like heads of things ,m feel they all deserve so much compinsation for the things they do, its not even realistic what some get

however
like it or not, the NRA is still the best tool we , ALL GUN OWNERS HAVE, that is standing up for our rights to keep and continue to have the guns we have
its the only real thing that has any backbone when push come to shove !

NOT being a member, sounds great, but who in the end is it helping or hurting NOT being a member or a donation n ow and then??

we loose them, I fear things will go down hill fast!
I have been a life time member for a long time, I do NOT get hammered with mail or solicitations for donations,
yes I get some, but its pretty easy to ignore rather than not be part of the fight! on the team with the best chance to defend our rights!
individuals, can stand up and scream all they like, but there is power in numbers, and numbers are what will make or break things

IMO< its shame NOT all gun owners are members, if they were , think of the fight the NRA could provide!
25 bucks a yr is that TOO Much to give to protect our future rights?
I am sure we all piss away more than that on nonsense every yr !
don;t have to agree with everything the NRA does either to be a ,member
as a member you can free voice your views too to the NRA
but not being in the fight and reaping the rewards, ??
not my way of going thru life!
Old 04-25-2020, 04:53 PM
Dominant Buck

Unfortunately many of the non profits are all salary top heavy.
Old 04-25-2020, 05:13 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by flags View Post
Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
That's a good line in the sand flags but it goes deeper than WLP.It started out as a cause to believe in and ended up as a cash cow for those who ran it.
All good things must end. Like the Unions of this Country. I have never been in a Union, never been a Union Person. But many good things came from the Unions, then They themselves circume to greed and Graft the verty things they fought.

Old 04-25-2020, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

The NRA Is still good for one thing. They are the top punching bag of the left. This allows SAF and GOA to operate almost totally anonymously.

So that alone makes an NRA membership worth it, IMO.
Old 04-25-2020, 08:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

i've been an NRA member since 1960. For many years i donated until it hurt: No more until Wayne La Pierre is history.

After WLP departs the NRA is obligated to pay the scoundrel golden parachute money that could total ten million dollars or more. WLP ran the NRA for 29 years. Ackerman-McQueen, an Oklahoma City advertising agency, ran NRA advertising for 39 years. After failing to properly oversee the advertising contract for 27 years, WLP abruptly fired Ackerman-McQueen and sued same. That lawsuit is costing the NRA $100,000 every day.

Everything the NRA owns, including it's headquarters, is mortgaged to the hilt.

The NRA board of directors is a rubber stamp for WLP. The NRA is crying out for a total overhaul.
Old 04-26-2020, 05:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with the others... I quit the NRA years ago after WLP - in his expensive Armani suits, traveled the world while living a hell of a lavish lifestyle, etc... One main question the everyone local here in Virginia keeps asking (especially with our {expletive} Governor "blackface" Northam)... Where is the NRA in all of this mess? Virginia is their home state for Christ's sake!!

I joined GOA and also the more local VCDL, and do what I can do continue to support the 2nd Amendment. WLP needs to go -now- so the NRA can get back on track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.