Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Worse than the Chinese Flu.... >

Worse than the Chinese Flu....

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Worse than the Chinese Flu....

Old 04-11-2020, 03:59 PM
  #1  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
sconnyhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wherever liberalism must be eradicated.
Posts: 2,710
Default Worse than the Chinese Flu....

FEAR and IGNORANCE.

That is worse then the Chinese Flu (covid 19). The fear being peddled to the massed by the Media.


https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/11/healt...day/index.html

https://www.msnbc.com/am-joy/watch/t...ts-81930309913

Its being spread daily, and being repeated.

We're NOT, all gonna die from it. Less than 2% die from this virus. Mainly the old and infirm, as do with all viruses. There are 98.5% of infected patients surviving this thing.

In fact, I think that this virus has been here MUCH LONGER then we've been able to test for it.
Possibly since October, or November.
As reporter Tracy Beanz has posited, as well based on CDC data.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...711531008.html
sconnyhunter is offline  
Old 04-11-2020, 07:01 PM
  #2  
Dominant Buck
 
Champlain Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Vermont
Posts: 21,361
Default

I think you are way off. This thing is far worse than anything in our lifetime and it is just getting started. True it kills the elderly but also takes down people in their prime too. We had some elderly facilities that have routinely weathered the various seasonal flues and never shut down. This virus they cut off all patient visitors and it must have come in through the staff even though temp checks and ppe were used.
2 different facilities within a couple miles have 123 positive tests with 12 deaths so far. Yes these are elderly people who are compromised but never in the history of these places have they seen anything like this. I think it is dangerous to down play how serious this virus is. October and November isnt when it came. Through genome testing they have isolated the strains and can tell where it came from
our first reported case showed up Jan 20 at an elderly facility in Kirkland Washington. It was brought in by a relative that came home from Wuhan China on Jan 15. What makes it so dangerous is it can be spread by infected people before they get sick. This thing didnt come through the air it came from infected people. Downplaying the seriousness is a disservice to everyone.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 04-11-2020 at 07:08 PM.
Champlain Islander is offline  
Old 04-11-2020, 09:00 PM
  #3  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
sconnyhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wherever liberalism must be eradicated.
Posts: 2,710
Default

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
I think you are way off. This thing is far worse than anything in our lifetime and it is just getting started. True it kills the elderly but also takes down people in their prime too. We had some elderly facilities that have routinely weathered the various seasonal flues and never shut down. This virus they cut off all patient visitors and it must have come in through the staff even though temp checks and ppe were used.
2 different facilities within a couple miles have 123 positive tests with 12 deaths so far. Yes these are elderly people who are compromised but never in the history of these places have they seen anything like this. I think it is dangerous to down play how serious this virus is. October and November isnt when it came. Through genome testing they have isolated the strains and can tell where it came from
our first reported case showed up Jan 20 at an elderly facility in Kirkland Washington. It was brought in by a relative that came home from Wuhan China on Jan 15. What makes it so dangerous is it can be spread by infected people before they get sick. This thing didnt come through the air it came from infected people. Downplaying the seriousness is a disservice to everyone.
This is what I'm talking about, C.I. The FEAR. What is different from other viruses, is the GOVERNMENT response to it. The last time the government got involved was the H1N1 flu in 09-10 under OBAMA. The FEAR is being perpetuated from on high, by the very doctors and government leaders that are in place to keep the peace.

Viruses, run their course, regardless of what we do. We can try to limit exposure, but its all we can do.

No diseases have anything black and white about them. They ALL take from across the board. HIV, for example. Started as a gay male disease that killed 100% of infected people, during the 80's and into the 90's.
Today almost 40 years later, we STILL don't have a vaccine for and never will. But we DO, have drugs that can combat it (like we do with HCQ that's the shorthand for HydroxyChloraquine that is out there and is being used effectively), and people live full long lives with it and don't die from it anymore.
The common annual FLU, still doesn't have a real vaccine, just one that is produced every year, hoping to get the right strain.


But this (COVID-19), PRIMARILY, takes from the elderly and infirm. Which most viruses do anyway.

If we look at the numbers, they're already falling. The west coast has been falling for a couple weeks now. New York is at the plateau. They'll begin falling next week.

Keep in mind that is, ONLY KNOWN TESTED PATIENTS.
There are thousands out there that have it and don't even know, and likely NEVER will know. There have been thousands that have HAD IT and recovered and didn't even know it.

CI, I urge you to shut off your TV for 36 hours. Please, for your sake. It will improve your mental health and lower your stress in this uncertain time.

The best advice that has come out of this whole fiasco, and it will prove to be a HUGE fiasco. Is the washing of hands, cover the cough and staying home when you're sick. Which we should all be doing anyway, regardless of the current virus running rampant.
sconnyhunter is offline  
Old 04-11-2020, 10:16 PM
  #4  
Nontypical Buck
 
Lunkerdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Northern Minnesota
Posts: 2,182
Default

Originally Posted by sconnyhunter View Post
FEAR and IGNORANCE.

That is worse then the Chinese Flu (covid 19). The fear being peddled to the massed by the Media.


https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/11/healt...day/index.html

https://www.msnbc.com/am-joy/watch/t...ts-81930309913

Its being spread daily, and being repeated.

We're NOT, all gonna die from it. Less than 2% die from this virus. Mainly the old and infirm, as do with all viruses. There are 98.5% of infected patients surviving this thing.

In fact, I think that this virus has been here MUCH LONGER then we've been able to test for it.
Possibly since October, or November.
As reporter Tracy Beanz has posited, as well based on CDC data.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...711531008.html
Haven't checked your links yet... Just noticed that in the same sentence you stated that "less than 2% die from the virus"... Then indicated that 2.5% don't survive the virus... It's hard to believe conflicting #'s...

That said, I do wonder about your idea of the virus being around longer than stated in the press... I say that because of a respiratory issue I experienced in December that was like nothing I had ever experienced in 57 years, and made me go to urgent care on a Sunday... Not saying that my affliction was CV... But as I said above, it was a respiratory issue unlike any I've experienced before...

Last edited by Lunkerdog; 04-11-2020 at 10:37 PM.
Lunkerdog is offline  
Old 04-12-2020, 02:32 AM
  #5  
Super Moderator
 
Bocajnala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Trumbull County, Ohio
Posts: 8,108
Default

We're not scientists, at least I'm not. So- we either have to believe what they're telling us. Or decide that they are lying to us and choose to believe something else.

I've heard allot of people say they were really sick in December, January, even one said all the way back to late October and another that missed their Thanksgiving plans and deer gun season. Most say that they were swabbed for the flu and it was negative.

Those that claim to know say they can track where this virus came from and when. I tend to generally believe them. But all the people saying they were sick and not knowing why does make one wonder.

-Jake




​​​​​​
Bocajnala is offline  
Old 04-12-2020, 04:35 AM
  #6  
Boone & Crockett
 
Oldtimr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: south eastern PA
Posts: 13,259
Default

It certainly is foolish not to believe what is being told to us by the CDC. Because people think they know better and put together conspiracy theories and don't stay home this thing now has the US with the highest death rate in the world according to what is being published. I am 73 years old and I have seen a lot but never anything like this virus, polio didn't even cause the the shutdown of the country. So far as people getting sick and not knowing why goes, we have all been sick and did not know why but not sick enough to go the Dr. All this anecdotal information being bandied about doesn't prove anything, the unprecedented numbers of people dying does. Everyone is getting rammy and wants to get back to their lives and some are doing stupid things and not only risking themselves but everyone they come in contact with. We are too used to getting what we want in this country, the instant gratification thing. And that is why this thing has not given a sign that it is winding down.
Oldtimr is offline  
Old 04-12-2020, 05:04 AM
  #7  
Dominant Buck
 
Champlain Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Vermont
Posts: 21,361
Default

For those who got sick last fall a antibody test when it comes out will tell if it was CV. I am sure the CDC has already looked into that. This whole thing is only 2 1/2 months old to all of us. Obviously there is a lot to learn. As for the media fueling the fear and politicizing it that is true especially as it pertains to Trump. Still that is how most Americans get their information now. This whole event was something the whole world knew was a possibility and yet look how it has decimated whole countries both from a health and economic standpoint. This is the big one and I think it has a long way to go. All the social distancing measures have resulted in the flattening of the curve because it eliminated contact but it is still here and will be for some time until they can develop a vaccine. Most of us probably live in a rural setting so the explosive outbreaks arent something we have seen. Just look at all the big cities where people are crowded together and it is a far different scenario. Worldwide there are a million and a half cases and from what I remember the US has a third of them which seems odd to me where we have the best healthcare. From a numbers perspective the US has way less a percentage of population so why such a high infection rate? I know we have a free way of life but so do many other countries who might not have anywhere near the infection rate. In view of that I still wonder about the possibility that this was an attack.
Champlain Islander is offline  
Old 04-12-2020, 06:29 AM
  #8  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
sconnyhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wherever liberalism must be eradicated.
Posts: 2,710
Default

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
Haven't checked your links yet... Just noticed that in the same sentence you stated that "less than 2% die from the virus"... Then indicated that 2.5% don't survive the virus... It's hard to believe conflicting #'s...

That said, I do wonder about your idea of the virus being around longer than stated in the press... I say that because of a respiratory issue I experienced in December that was like nothing I had ever experienced in 57 years, and made me go to urgent care on a Sunday... Not saying that my affliction was CV... But as I said above, it was a respiratory issue unlike any I've experienced before...
The numbers don't conflict. Less than 2%, and 98.5% (this would mean that 1.5% die, approximately).

The worse that we've seen is Dr. Birx admitting on live TV, that she's padding the numbers of deaths.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...-19_death.html

As for links, I try to provide them with as much veracity as I can.

This Virus, isn't as bad as the media and so called experts have made it out to be. NOT NEARLY as bad. People die everyday of more things than this virus. Its not a conspiracy theory, that's a FACT.
Coronavirus in the US.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/


Worldometer, death by FLU this year.

136,307Seasonal flu deaths this year
Quick facts:
  • Every year an estimated 290,000 to 650,000 people die in the world due to complications from seasonal influenza (flu) viruses.
  • This figure corresponds to 795 to 1,781 deaths per day due to the seasonal flu.
Sources and info:
This is just a fun link, and the site that I copied the above info from.
https://www.worldometers.info/


Yes, C.I., this virus will be here for some time to come.
But its not the death knell to us all that the media and SOME experts have made it out to be.

And I FIRMLY believe that its been here for a LOT longer then the tests we have NOW have shown.
sconnyhunter is offline  
Old 04-12-2020, 06:44 AM
  #9  
Giant Nontypical
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,126
Default

When this is all said and done this will go down in history as the Great Scamdemic of 2020.
flags is offline  
Old 04-12-2020, 07:00 AM
  #10  
Giant Nontypical
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location:
Posts: 6,153
Default

I agree, this COVID-19 thing has been overly dramatized. It is a matter of tone, it is a matter of focus. Why not more stories about people who do recover, who have mild symptoms?

With reference to accepting what is told to us by a government bureaucracy . . . when did government bureaucracies become either infallible or wholly trustworthy? It seems to me CDC has already fumbled the ball once or twice during this crisis. What about the World Health Organization (WHO) -- THEY sure got a lot of this wrong. Granted, WHO is not OUR bureaucracy, but it is inherent in bureaucracies that they get stuff wrong -- wrong more often than ought to be the case.

Numbers I am hearing point to fatality rates less than 1% -- probably about 0.35%. Granted, however, ALL the numbers are uncertain and in flux. One thing that is clear, however, is that initial predictions of mass deaths are lowering. ALL the predictions for the US have been too high. Hospital facilities were not overrun in New York. Ventilators were NOT lacking in New York.

There is a difference between prudent caution and panic. The media have pushed things more towards panic and past the point of prudent caution. These are just my opinions.

I have heard discussions that COVID-19 arrived here BEFORE mid-January. This is conjectural, but I argue that the confident statements of CDC and other healthcare grandées is also conjectural. They have misstepped before, it is believable they don't have perfect knowledge of this matter. Here is the conjecture, then. Why hasn't California had a severe COVID-19 infection? They have many, many flights in from China, many direct flights from Wuhan, China? There WAS a more severe and early flu outbreak last fall in California. Could that have been the first wave of COVID-19? Could "herd immunity" have developed in California? Could this "herd immunity" explain California's odd modest infection rate? Possibly? It is uncertain.

Last edited by Alsatian; 04-12-2020 at 07:05 AM.
Alsatian is online now  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.