Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Trump

Old 03-28-2020, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

This https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...al-wont-comply strikes me as more than a bit authoritarian.

Last edited by mr-pirk; 03-28-2020 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mr-pirk View Post
This https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...al-wont-comply strikes me as more than a bit authoritarian.
That whole tactic (line of reasoning) is designed to play to baser instincts, envy or jealousy.

Without corporations, there would be very little employment. Passing out lucky bucks wholesale strikes me as a bottom-up stimulus. While priming the top is a top-down stimulus. Bottom-up stimulus IMO is short term stimulus, while top-down stimulus is for the long hall. Kind of like Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime, not an exact analogy but you get the drift.

People have this fallacy that rich people are like Scrouge McDuck and have a basement full of gold. The fact is every dollar that sits still starts losing value by the minute. The rich have to reinvest to conserve their wealth. What costs a hundred dollars today will cost approximately $2500 est. thirty years from now. And if they are rich, to begin with, in all likelihood they tend to invest wisely.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mudder, I do not want to side track anyone's thread, but the airline stock buy backs is an example of why the oversight is needed.
A very large amount of wealth is held in the stock market by the very wealthy simply because the capital gains tax rate on the returns is less. That block of money never trickles down.

Thanks
Mr-Pirk
Old 03-28-2020, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mr-pirk View Post
Mudder, I do not want to side track anyone's thread, but the airline stock buy backs is an example of why the oversight is needed.
A very large amount of wealth is held in the stock market by the very wealthy simply because the capital gains tax rate on the returns is less. That block of money never trickles down.

Thanks
Mr-Pirk
Trickle isn't really a very good description. It pours down on the people they employ.

C. Davis
Old 03-28-2020, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Trump is a necessary step to get where we want to be.

Obviously not perfect but nobody is more what we needed right now.

Trump may be a bull in a China shop but he has busted down many doors that would have remained forever closed otherwise.

Not perfect but absolutely perfect for the times.
Old 03-29-2020, 03:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Saw a pretty good video on Cuomo's press conference today where he explains in simple terms about the planning that is going on.
Like Cuomo or hate him I found the information non partisan and informative.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 03-29-2020 at 03:38 AM.
Old 03-29-2020, 03:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

You do know he is vying to replace Biden on the ticket don't you. That is not the real Cuomo, that is the Cuomo he wants you to see.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:29 AM
Fork Horn

Since taking office, the real Cuomo has got New York's fiscal house in order, reduced taxes, and made NY a better place to do business. He's tough, non partisan, and results oriented. He digs deep into issues, learns the facts, and takes action. His coronavirus updates are factual, clearly explained, and actions outlined. He does not think out load, hoping people will like what he says. He's not wildly popular in NY, but he gets things done.

He would be a great replacement for Biden.

Last edited by Coastal Mountaineer; 03-29-2020 at 04:57 AM.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Any democrat would be a good replacement for crazy Joe. No leftist would be a good President.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
Saw a pretty good video on Cuomo's press conference today where he explains in simple terms about the planning that is going on.
Like Cuomo or hate him I found the information non partisan and informative.
I like his explanations also. he seems to communicate on a level I can understand.

But your typical politician shows one face while campaigning and then when elected no telling what you are going to get. I can't get the image out my head of the whole assembly in N.Y. when they passed the bill legalizing full-term abortions. Clapping, yelling, cheering, overwhelmed with joy. You have to wonder about a cabal of sociopaths running the government. In my mind, a full-term abortion is a tragedy, not a celebration.

At least with Trump you get pretty much what you see, even if you don't completely agree with some of his agenda. His public speaking is far from elegant but compared to Biden he does OK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.