Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Trump

Old 04-23-2020, 04:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Watched once again the whole Trump press conference live on Fox News. Shaking my head ...he isn't ...normal.
Old 04-23-2020, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
Watched once again the whole Trump press conference live on Fox News. Shaking my head ...he isn't ...normal.
That's just fine.
If AMERICA wanted normal, we'd have voted someone else into office.
Old 04-23-2020, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Normal is another word for average.

I avoid average if at all possible.

BTW: TRUMP is having an online rally right now

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/online?...ddle_other_all
Old 04-24-2020, 01:43 AM
Dominant Buck

The 2 posts above both make valid points to the common usage of the word normal. I have watched the daily press conference every day for the past 3 weeks. Some good information but the focus is always on Trump. It runs until the Q&A and ends after he gets to berate one or two of the press. I have never seen anything like it.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 04-24-2020 at 02:55 AM.
Old 04-24-2020, 03:03 AM
Fork Horn

“I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute,” Trump said during Thursday’s coronavirus press briefing. “And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets inside the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that.”

Why didn't I think of that?
Old 04-24-2020, 03:42 AM
Fork Horn

It runs until the Q&A and ends after he gets to berate one or two of the press.
And 99.9 percent of the time the ones he berates deserve it .
Old 04-24-2020, 04:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Most of the time the press asks questions that would be beneath a 6 year old, they asked stupid questions just to get face time on TV. They act like a bunch of Cretans, me, me, over here shouting out with no sense of decorum. I love seeing them get brought down a couple of notches.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 04-24-2020 at 04:32 AM.
Old 04-24-2020, 04:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
Most of the time the press asks questions that would be beneath a 6 year old, they asked stupid questions just to get face time on TV. They act like a bunch of Cretans, me, me, over here shouting out with no sense of decorum. I love seeing them get brought down a couple of notches.
I understand one of the questions yesterday or recently was something to the effect of "Mr President, don't you think it is irresponsible to advise people to go outside." The context was that Trump had remarked there are indications that the virus was killed by warmth and sunshine ("sunshine" includes a significant component of ultraviolet radiation -- which our skin uses beneficially to produce needed vitamin D and which causes sunburn on our skins if we overdo it -- and ultraviolet radiation is known to kill viruses generally and COVID-19 specifically). Trump dismissed that reporter pretty brusquely, as ought to have been the case.

I guess some venues actually have orders to stay inside, which seems over-the-top to me. It would seem to be sufficient to me to order social distancing. In my suburban neighbourhood we get out and walk sometimes. We rarely see others during our walk, and we aren't passing within 6 feet of each other. Maybe this doesn't apply to New York City or downtown Chicago. But for 90% of the people of the United States, I wager that going outside does not present a challenge to social distancing. It was just another "if Trump says it, I'm going to attack it." It is abundantly obvious that if Trump stated "generally the sun rises in the east," the news media and Democrat politicians would deny the statement, call it racist, and accuse him of opposing science.

Last edited by Alsatian; 04-24-2020 at 04:51 AM.
Old 04-24-2020, 07:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by SportsmanNH View Post
And 99.9 percent of the time the ones he berates deserve it .
The leader of the free world, or any real leader for that matter, shouldn't be talking like that but then again he acted the same way well before we elected him so we get what we deserve. Yes some of the questions are pointed towards Trump but others are not. It is clear he has disdain for most of the press and networks. He has an abusive personality and it shows anytime he gets questioned for any reason. He has a great medical team and needs to leave all the medical talk to the experts. The new guy that came on last night that talked so fast was pretty good. I guess he runs one of the labs and he had some pretty interesting things to say.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 04-24-2020 at 07:56 AM.
Old 04-24-2020, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

The 2 posts above both make valid points to the common usage of the word normal. I have watched the daily press conference every day for the past 3 weeks. Some good information but the focus is always on Trump. It runs until the Q&A and ends after he gets to berate one or two of the press. I have never seen anything like it.
They should shorten these press conferences considerably.

I agree Trump is a one of a kind, to say the least.

Sure is good at picking conservative judges though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.