Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Trump

Old 04-18-2020, 06:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Would Germany impose a 14 day quarantine on people entering Germany from Italy? From France? From Spain? I assume so. But if one is made to quarantine 14 days when enterring from the US that is Trump's fault?
Old 04-19-2020, 02:28 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Alsatian View Post
Relative to Trump "dropping the ball." Compare the per capita death toll in the US to that in other major western nations: Italy, Spain, France, UK, Germany. Germany has done a little better, but not a lot. Otherwise the US has done better. So HOW has Trump dropped the ball? Compared with peers we have done substantially better . . . but that sucks and is incompetent? According to what standard?
Nobody in the world got it right because it is impossible. This was always one of those ultimate things we fear like nuclear war and when it happened we reacted. By design there will be a lot of people die as others have said but the real danger is the healthcare system being overwhelmed creating a compounding problem. In that sense we in America have done a good job.
Old 04-19-2020, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
Nobody in the world got it right because it is impossible. This was always one of those ultimate things we fear like nuclear war and when it happened we reacted. By design there will be a lot of people die as others have said but the real danger is the healthcare system being overwhelmed creating a compounding problem. In that sense we in America have done a good job.
Yes, our care system does a great job each year.

CDC estimates that influenza was associated with more than 35.5 million illnesses, more than 16.5 million medical visits, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths during the 2018–2019 influenza season.Jan 8, 2020

The most recent statistics, collected through the week ending January 25, 2020, report that there have been 19 million cases of influenza during US 2019-20 flu season. ... Additionally, the CDC has recorded 180,000 hospitalizations and 10,000 deaths from the flu thus far.Feb 5, 2020

We haven't gotten Close to these number, yet, and the season is ending already. WHY, don't we have high number like this for the Chinese Flu? Because it is similar to the FLU, in that many people have it and never know. Is it killing people? Yup, just like the FLU does every year. So what are the massive differences? TRUMP. AND, He's a not a part of the swamp.
This year, its hitting us at a time when we are nearing an election. And the MEDIA is not going to let this virus go to waste. He hasn't bowed before the onslaught of media naysayers and doomsayers.
Old 04-19-2020, 05:36 AM
Dominant Buck

I think the big difference between covid 19 and other virus based illnesses is ease and rate of spread. In addition because it is new there is no vaccine or proven treatment. I will bet that before this is done the case and death rate will fall into the projected numbers.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think the big difference between covid 19 and other virus based illnesses is ease and rate of spread. In addition because it is new there is no vaccine or proven treatment. I will bet that before this is done the case and death rate will fall into the projected numbers.
There is no vaccine for the annual FLU, either. Only a guess, from year to year.
Also, for Chinese Flu to hit the projected numbers, it would have to RISE, significantly. THey are projecting 80k to 240K DEAD in just the US. We haven't hit 50K dead yet in the US.

Cases overview
Wisconsin Confirmed
Recovered
-

Deaths

United States Confirmed

Recovered

Deaths

Worldwide
Confirmed

Recovered

Deaths

HydroxyChloriquine, is proving to be VERY effective against this virus. That's more than we have for the flu.

This is an overblown witch hunt of a virus, and its becoming more clear DAILY that's what it is. Multiple states are opening back up as they should.
Old 04-19-2020, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

If we had not shut down the country deaths from the Chinese virus would be FAR higher than they are. It is time to start opening back up though, since we have obviously flattened out the curve.

As far as the flu, there is a vaccine for the seasonal flu.

Old 04-19-2020, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RaySendero View Post
Some stupid people blame a lot their own stupid stuff on President Trump.
I think they call them democrats.
Old 04-19-2020, 01:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by sconnyhunter View Post
There is no vaccine for the annual FLU, either. Only a guess, from year to year.
Also, for Chinese Flu to hit the projected numbers, it would have to RISE, significantly. THey are projecting 80k to 240K DEAD in just the US. We haven't hit 50K dead yet in the US.
The seasonal flu does have a vaccine which as you said is a guess from year to year but there are millions of US citizens that get their flu shot every year. That in itself has to improve the herd immunity aspect even when they don't nail the exact flu strain. The death rate will be well above 50K and that will happen before next week. To think the deaths will stop isn't being realistic sconney. Just the fact that some states will re-open soon will certainly cause cases to go up. My own thoughts are that estimate in the 100 to 200K that Birx and Fauci came up with will be accurate before we get past this.

HydroxyChloriquine, is proving to be VERY effective against this virus. That's more than we have for the flu.

This is an overblown witch hunt of a virus, and its becoming more clear DAILY that's what it is. Multiple states are opening back up as they should.
I haven't heard that there is any drug proven to be very effective. Witch hunt isn't what I would call this pandemic. This is the biggest impact on our global community in well over a century since the Spanish Flu Pandemic. Overblown....to even think something like this could stop our whole world economy so quickly would have been unimaginable just 3 months ago. Without all the mitigation the results would have been on the scale of the Spanish Flu where millions worldwide died.
Old 04-19-2020, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
If we had not shut down the country deaths from the Chinese virus would be FAR higher than they are. It is time to start opening back up though, since we have obviously flattened out the curve.

As far as the flu, there is a vaccine for the seasonal flu.
That's an easy speculation to make, when you can't know it for sure. California has had this since November or October. And they're not seeing the kind of death and destruction that you predict. They only started the social distancing experiment two days before New York.
No, I think you're completely wrong on your assertion. The numbers don't back it up. The MODELS do, but not the actual patient counts. This is because people don't live statically, as models predict.

New York and Italy had bad reactions to it for various reasons.
One being they live on top of each other. They rely MASSIVELY on public transit packing people into small areas like sardine for the shelf.
Italy has a very high number of smokers, combined with dense populations and generational living arrangements (grandparents often live with their younger generations).
Old 04-19-2020, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

The seasonal flu does have a vaccine which as you said is a guess from year to year but there are millions of US citizens that get their flu shot every year. That in itself has to improve the herd immunity aspect even when they don't nail the exact flu strain. The death rate will be well above 50K and that will happen before next week. To think the deaths will stop isn't being realistic sconney. Just the fact that some states will re-open soon will certainly cause cases to go up. My own thoughts are that estimate in the 100 to 200K that Birx and Fauci came up with will be accurate before we get past this.

I haven't heard that there is any drug proven to be very effective. Witch hunt isn't what I would call this pandemic. This is the biggest impact on our global community in well over a century since the Spanish Flu Pandemic. Overblown....to even think something like this could stop our whole world economy so quickly would have been unimaginable just 3 months ago. Without all the mitigation the results would have been on the scale of the Spanish Flu where millions worldwide died.
I don't quite call a seasonal guess, to be a vaccine. Not like the Polio Vaccine, or smallpox, or MMR. Those are vaccines. The flu is a guess in the wind, that sometimes hits close to the mark. Its like throwing a hand grenade, get close enough and sometimes you get the target too.

You've been downplaying HCQ, since the start. Its been internationally tested and used, with GREAT success. Not just for this off label virus, but also for its ON label uses.

We've allowed this to impact our economy globally out of FEAR. Nothing more. We were sold a bill of goods and left to hang with our own fears of the unknown.

If the good Dr's are so accurate, why have their "MODELS" been reduced 3 times now?

We may hit 50K dead my nect week, but for every 1 THAT DIES, 99 are living. That's the death rate here. 1%. I like those numbers, even if you don't.

As I've said before, life is dangerous, and freedom isn't free. I'm willing to pay the price, even if you are not.

Last edited by sconnyhunter; 04-19-2020 at 01:20 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.