Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Need To End This Quarantine Stuff Soon >

Need To End This Quarantine Stuff Soon

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Need To End This Quarantine Stuff Soon

Old 03-24-2020, 04:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Need To End This Quarantine Stuff Soon

It's killing my beer budget. Almost finished with my quarantine keg. Damn college kid. They at least deliver it now but I will venture out to get a new one.
Old 03-24-2020, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

Are you quarantined as in you tested positive for Covid-19 or are you just sheltering in place because of a state or county order?
Old 03-24-2020, 06:37 PM
Dominant Buck

Sheltering in place because I have my mom who I interact with and expecting my second grandkid any day. So we're all hunkering down. Many around me are based on their jobs anyway. If you can work from home, work from home.

​​​​​
Old 03-24-2020, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 03-25-2020, 02:41 AM
Dominant Buck

We have been staying home and face timing grandkids. Wife had 2 trips to the store but we used the smaller islands iga type market for things like bread and milk. I have to go to town today to conduct some banking for my aging mother who is sheltered at a burlington area assisted living facility. All banking will be via drive up teller and I'll use hand sanitizer after the transaction. Hopefully as the weather gets warmer I'll be able to shelter in place in my fishing boat.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
We have been staying home and face timing grandkids. Wife had 2 trips to the store but we used the smaller islands iga type market for things like bread and milk. I have to go to town today to conduct some banking for my aging mother who is sheltered at a burlington area assisted living facility. All banking will be via drive up teller and I'll use hand sanitizer after the transaction. Hopefully as the weather gets warmer I'll be able to shelter in place in my fishing boat.
You will, tight lines!
Old 03-25-2020, 06:17 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
It's killing my beer budget. Almost finished with my quarantine keg. Damn college kid. They at least deliver it now but I will venture out to get a new one.
I've noticed the food budget seems to have increased as well.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
I pulled the boat in the garage last week and got everything ready. Its supposed to be 71 Saturday but now there is thunderstorms in the forecast but I'm still hoping.
Old 03-26-2020, 03:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Mine is still covered out in the yard. Still large patches of ice floating driven by the wind
I'll give it a week then start to get it ready. Had such a good ice season on perch that I plan to chase them again when open water time starts. I have to set up a deep water braid rod or two for them after they spawn.
Old 03-26-2020, 03:41 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by elkman30 View Post
I've noticed the food budget seems to have increased as well.
Yes, I smoked 30#s of bacon. 10 for my neighbor and 20 for us. Those packets are going quickly along with eggs.

I'm getting a fresh ham butt today to smoke a honey baked ham next week. A shoulder butt and a bunch of ribs. I wish I could gain access to the lobster that's on the market. If you like lobster and your local market sells it, check out the prices. Several weeks ago there was a story about a huge lobster glut.

Boat is still in dry dock. Haven't been back to the beach like I planned to get back to work on it. The Admiral has me on a tight budget. So who knows when she's going back in the water. Don't really have anywhere to go though with everything shutdown.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.