Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
watching the libs bash trump and demanding fed pays >

watching the libs bash trump and demanding fed pays

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

watching the libs bash trump and demanding fed pays

Old 03-25-2020, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
I find anything bigger than a small town to be depressing.
Don't really find any towns to be depressing, unless I were to have to live in one... My nearest neighbor in any direction is a mile away... Not sure if that's better for my neighbors, towns, or me, but I like it... Especially at this point in time...
Old 03-26-2020, 03:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by grouch55 View Post
Democrat mayors and Governors all cry for the feds to leave them alone, states rights ! then when their policies fail they all beg for the Feds to help ! Amazing !! can,t have it both ways !
bingo, winner winner chicken dinner.
Old 03-26-2020, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
Don't really find any towns to be depressing, unless I were to have to live in one... My nearest neighbor in any direction is a mile away... Not sure if that's better for my neighbors, towns, or me, but I like it... Especially at this point in time...
I grew up in the San Fernando Valley, suburban but a million people. I'd get home from school and ride my bike 10 miles to get to the hills, twenty miles round trip. First chance I got I ran. I live in a smaller town now, walking distance to a national forest.

I wanted to move even farther out, but the wife wanted to be close to her family.
Old 03-26-2020, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

You have to wonder how much of the 25,000,000 Pelosi got for the Kennedy Center (in a relief bill?) she is going to get back in kickbacks or donations to the DNC. The same with the money she wanted for Planned Parenthood, donations to her campaign, the DNC or maybe even direct kickbacks to her through an intermediary (cutout).

The U.S. would be a lot better off without that senile old power junky.
Old 03-26-2020, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hunters_life View Post
lunkerdog, you want truth? Look up sanctuary cities and states. You will find every state governor that is posting up all anti Trump and such is a sanctuary state or has a big sanctuary city in it. California and Illinois being 2 of the biggest anti Trump states, well Chicago is all anti Trump but a surprising number of the rest of this state is right on Trumps back. But everyone knows Springfield is Chicago's puppet. The liberal agenda is just as Flags stated. They are trying to hijack as much as they can of this emergency bill as they can to put toward their BS projects.
So to my post... Are you saying that Republican Mayors, and Governors don't complain when the Feds interfere... I'm thinking that the vast majority of Mayors, and Governor's, regardless of party affiliation, don't care much for Fed intervention in their day to day business. Yet all will accept it if they feel that they need some sort of Federal assistance...
Old 03-26-2020, 03:57 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
So to my post... Are you saying that Republican Mayors, and Governors don't complain when the Feds interfere... I'm thinking that the vast majority of Mayors, and Governor's, regardless of party affiliation, don't care much for Fed intervention in their day to day business. Yet all will accept it if they feel that they need some sort of Federal assistance...
Isn't that the way it's supposed to to work? For day to day issues, the local and state governments are there. When a disaster strikes, the federal government is ready to back them up? Of course this model only works when the local and state governments actually do their jobs and put their legal citizens first!
Old 03-26-2020, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
Isn't that the way it's supposed to to work? For day to day issues, the local and state governments are there. When a disaster strikes, the federal government is ready to back them up? Of course this model only works when the local and state governments actually do their jobs and put their legal citizens first!
That's absolutely the way it's supposed to work... My response was to the idea that only "Democratic Mayors, and Governors" do the complaining, then cherry picking a topic like Sanctuary Cities to prove that point...

Last edited by Lunkerdog; 03-26-2020 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-26-2020, 04:15 PM
Dominant Buck

I bet if you go back through time, you will find that statement to be true. This is off the cuff statement so I will back off to say that's usually the case. Democrats are known for not letting a good crisis from going to waste.
Old 03-26-2020, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
I bet if you go back through time, you will find that statement to be true. This is off the cuff statement so I will back off to say that's usually the case. Democrats are known for not letting a good crisis from going to waste.
I'd say it's the truth in regard to sanctuary cities... But there's a lot more Fed invention than just that. The stand off with the Bundy's a few years ago comes to mind...My statement is off the cuff as well, but am pretty sure that the vast majority of state, and local politicians are resistant to most Fed intervention...