Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
And Now The Real Looting Begins! >

And Now The Real Looting Begins!

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

And Now The Real Looting Begins!

Old 03-19-2020, 01:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Default And Now The Real Looting Begins!

McConnell's coronavirus stimulus plan would provide payments of $1,200 per person, $2,400 for couples

Why? We have everything we need in place already. Unemployment benefits, Medicaid benefits, welfare programs. Yet for some reason we need the federal government borrow our own money and just throw it out there. Stop this madness!
Old 03-19-2020, 02:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don't need it. Don't want it. I'll just give it back to the govt to pay the last of my tax bill for 2019. If there is anything left over I'll put to putting a new engine in wife's Camry. I refuse to spend what they want on a new car so I'll just keep the old ones chugging along.
Old 03-19-2020, 03:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't want or need Mitch's welfare!
Old 03-19-2020, 03:21 PM
Dominant Buck

I would guess that the vast majority of lower income Americans feel differently. Lots of them are not working as of the last few days.
Old 03-19-2020, 03:30 PM
Typical Buck

Like you guys, I really have no need for it but speaking up for the waitresses, bar tenders, and your basic food service industry personnel, this would be a much needed help. Think about it for a second guys. Unemployment wouldn't even pay half of what a good waitress or bar tender makes nightly in tips. And here in Illinois, everything was shut down. Those folks are going to be in a serious hurt and that money would help feed their families. I don't agree with every American getting a check. A lot of us don't need it. But there are many that this "sky is falling" mentality with this virus is seriously effecting and really need the help. If you go out to eat and don't tip for crap then I can see your miserly ways will not allow you to see the need. But if you are like me and tend to tip well for good service then you can see how this is seriously effecting a lot of house holds that depend on the food/bar service industry for feeding their families.
Old 03-19-2020, 03:34 PM
Dominant Buck

And that's what unemployment benefits are for and what the federal government should do. Back the states in this as they have done in the past. We lost 100% or our business for the next few weeks. A friend of ours can't get their customers to pay and they have payroll to meet. I get it. The wiser course of action is to offer low or even no interest loans to businesses through the banking institution backed by the feds. Then make the tax cuts permanent and cut them even more.
Old 03-19-2020, 03:35 PM
Dominant Buck

And that's what unemployment benefits are for and what the federal government should do. Back the states in this as they have done in the past. We lost 100% or our business for the next few weeks. A friend of ours can't get their customers to pay and they have payroll to meet. I get it. The wiser course of action is to offer low or even no interest loans to businesses through the banking institution backed by the feds. Then make the tax cuts permanent and cut them even more.
Old 03-19-2020, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

You just said that.

Seriously, most of us probably won't have to worry about refusing the government money since we'll be phased out on income one way or another. Just about everybody on here would consider themselves middle class. Yet the government will have a much different version of where to draw the line between middle class and "wealthy."