Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
No indictment for McCabe >

No indictment for McCabe

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

No indictment for McCabe

Old 02-14-2020, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default No indictment for McCabe

Appears AG Barr and Durham are not indicting Andrew McCabe. I suspect it is due to the deep state of corruption in D.C.

Could it be that Trump's tweets are pushing more allies away? No doubt Barr is sick of them. Barr may be worried about any future case(s) getting ruined by the tweeter-in-chief.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Kind of surprising but hard to tell without all of the backstory.
Old 02-14-2020, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

More on the story, is that its ONLY for the lack of Candor (read lying). That he isn't being indicted for.

Also, that the new prosecutor on the FLYNN case, could decide to drop those charges for proprietorial misconduct.
Old 02-14-2020, 06:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Two tiered justice system. America is watching. Multiple lies to the FBI and IG. Lying to Congress. I thought that was serious. Maybe not.
Old 02-14-2020, 10:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
Two tiered justice system. America is watching. Multiple lies to the FBI and IG. Lying to Congress. I thought that was serious. Maybe not.
"Two tiered justice system" indeed... Guess it's a good system if yer name is Stone...
Old 02-15-2020, 04:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
"Two tiered justice system" indeed... Guess it's a good system if yer name is Stone...
He certainly benefited from strong bias.
Old 02-15-2020, 06:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

He was only cleared on a few points. There is more coming. Personally I think this is laying the groundwork to drop the charges against Gen. Flynn. They are digging up a lot of derelict behavior about his case on the side of the govt and they can't slam him and not slam McCabe since they are charged with the same thing. This sets a precedent for dropping the charges on Flynn since he is demanding to withdraw his guilty plea and go to court. I may be wrong but don't think I am.
Old 02-15-2020, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rogerstv View Post
Appears AG Barr and Durham are not indicting Andrew McCabe. I suspect it is due to the deep state of corruption in D.C.

Could it be that Trump's tweets are pushing more allies away? No doubt Barr is sick of them. Barr may be worried about any future case(s) getting ruined by the tweeter-in-chief.
I had a different take on this also. I'm still reading more on it and fleshing out my idea but I'm starting to wonder if Barr isn't considering McCabe's case next to Flynn's which seems to be in jeopardy. I think Flags is on the right track here.
Old 02-15-2020, 06:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
yeah right. Like Trump said, you don't even know what he did wrong. Stone is guilty of not remembering what he wrote in emails over a year old. You would also have a reservation in the cell right beside him if you were questioned and they dug up posts from HNI from a year ago that ran counter to your answers.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
yeah right. Like Trump said, you don't even know what he did wrong. Stone is guilty of not remembering what he wrote in emails over a year old. You would also have a reservation in the cell right beside him if you were questioned and they dug up posts from HNI from a year ago that ran counter to your answers.
What are you talking about? That is not a reasonable comparison by any stretch of the imagination.

You could perhaps make a case for the suggested sentence being too long and not be far off. We put people away for long periods of time here as a part of the old get tough on crime mindset. I think it indicates a simple minded approach to a complicated issue. Hopefully, we will see meaningful reforms in the near future. But Stone's case is not about that. it's about the DOJ operating independently of political pressure. Trump tweets and Barr jumps. That's the problem.

Even Barr seems to have had enough. Or at least he is thinking more about self preservation.

Last edited by Mickey Finn; 02-15-2020 at 08:51 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.