Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
No indictment for McCabe >

No indictment for McCabe

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

No indictment for McCabe

Old 02-15-2020, 02:08 PM
  #21  
Dominant Buck
 
Fieldmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 36,320
Default

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn View Post
Uh, the attorney general is in charge of the DOJ. He's appointed by the President but that is not the same thing.
The President is in charge of the DOJ. Barr is only a manager. The President is specified in the Constitution, not the DOJ. The President is granted the power to reverse injustice per the constitution.
Fieldmouse is offline  
Old 02-15-2020, 05:49 PM
  #22  
Nontypical Buck
 
Mickey Finn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,952
Default

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
The President is in charge of the DOJ. Barr is only a manager. The President is specified in the Constitution, not the DOJ. The President is granted the power to reverse injustice per the constitution.
The President has the power to pardon. Besides, the Constitution of the United States was the starting point. There have been amendments and many law which while not spelled out are clearly allowed by the Constitution of the United States.

You may find this interesting: The Attorney General’s Duty to Defend and Enforce Constitutionally Objectionable Legislation The Attorney General has a duty to defend and enforce both the Acts of Congress and the Constitution; when there is a conflict between the requirements of the one and the requirements of the other, it is almost always the case that he can best discharge the responsibilities of his office by defending and enforcing the Act of Congress.While there is no general privilege in the Executive to disregard laws that it deems inconsistent with the Constitution, in rare cases the Executive’s duty to the constitu*tional system may require action in defiance of a statute. In such a case, the Executive’s refusal to defend and enforce an unconstitutional statute is authorized and lawful.

At the same time, I believe that if Congress were to enact a law requiring, for example, that the Attorney General arrest and imprison all members of the opposition party without trial, the Attorney General could lawfully decline to enforce such a law; and he could lawfully decline to defend it in court. Indeed, he would be untrue to his office if he were to do otherwise. This is not because he has authority to “deny the validity of Acts of Congress.” It is because everything in our constitutional jurisprudence inescapably establishes that neither he nor any other executive officer can be given authority to enforce such a law. The “assertion” of the Department of Justice is nothing more, nor less, than this.1

1. 1 note that an analogous situation is presented where an individual subject to a court injunction believes that injunction to be unconstitutional or legally invalid. The well-established rule is that such an injunction must be obeyed until it is dissolved or modified on appeal in order to preserve the integrity of the judicial process. Walker v. City of Birmingham, 388 U.S. 307 (1967). The Court in Walker, however, was careful to emphasize that it did not have before it a case in which "the injunction was transparently invalid." Id. at 315. If an Act of Congress directs or authorizes the Executive to take action which is "transparently invalid" when viewed in light of established constitu*tional law, I believe it is the Executive’s constitutional duty to decline to execute that power
July 30, 1980
https://www.justice.gov/file/22296/download
Mickey Finn is offline  
Old 02-15-2020, 09:25 PM
  #23  
Nontypical Buck
 
Lunkerdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Northern Minnesota
Posts: 2,182
Default

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
Don't recall you being all upset when Obama made comments and influenced the DOJ. Trump is in charge of the DOJ. Don't recall you being all upset as Obama and Holder over ruled the line attorney from going forward with the prosecution of the black Panthers for voter intimidation. Don't recall you being upset when Obama said there wasn't a wrong doing by Hillary in the email scandal. So take your double standards and dishonest discussion elsewhere. Because that's exactly what happened to Stone and Trump has every right per the constitution to inject however he wants into this process He is in charge.
Okay, I get it now... Since Obama. and Holder did it... It's okay for Trump, and Barr to do it as well... So much for "draining the swamp"... Seems to me that we're digging deeper into the mire...

It's also a bit funny that you say that Trump "has every right" yet "seem to indicate" that "Obama didn't"...

Last edited by Lunkerdog; 02-15-2020 at 09:38 PM.
Lunkerdog is offline  
Old 02-15-2020, 09:31 PM
  #24  
Nontypical Buck
 
Lunkerdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Northern Minnesota
Posts: 2,182
Default

Originally Posted by sconnyhunter View Post
It's good to be the President.
You get to prevent a MASSIVE miscarriage of justice for people sentenced to die in prison, for process crimes.


How about that Hillary Clinton, HA?
Got away with destruction of evidence, lying to Congress, violation of FBI SUBPOENAS.....violation of CONGRESSIONAL subpoenas.....possession of CLASSIFIED materials on A PRIVATE server..passing along classified materials to other parties....Destruction of GOVERNMENT property....

Two tiered indeed......

Just keep in mind that perjury (in this case) is a process crime. Its the thing you go for when, you DON'T have anything else.
Like they did with Stone and Flynn.
Not sure how much Hilary figures into to this thread... But... At the end of the day it didn't work out so well for her... So there it is...
Lunkerdog is offline  
Old 02-16-2020, 03:32 AM
  #25  
Dominant Buck
 
Fieldmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 36,320
Default

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
Okay, I get it now... Since Obama. and Holder did it... It's okay for Trump, and Barr to do it as well... So much for "draining the swamp"... Seems to me that we're digging deeper into the mire...

It's also a bit funny that you say that Trump "has every right" yet "seem to indicate" that "Obama didn't"...
The Constitution gives the President the power the power to reverse injustices via the Pardon. This means the President has the power to intervene into what he believes is injustice all the way up to completely vacating a conviction.

The investigation was illegal to begin with when Rosenstein selected Mueller as independent counsel. Department guidelines require an actual crime to have occurred. There wasn't a time. This was a foreign Intel matter. It's also the reason 6 months later Rosenstein had to rewrite the scope. Next, Mueller knew from day one the Russian collusion was a hoax. When he got into the FBI and said, ok, give me what you got. He found out they had nothing. So his entire investigation moved to a process crime setup so he could show results. So you have an illegal investigation that was just looking for gotchas. As I pointed out, they could have you guilty with a reservation at the federal pen for not remembering a post you made last year. Remember Scooter Libby? That investigation should have ended right when it began. They knew right away it who leaked Valerie Plames name but instead of wrapping it up, they moved to process crime and Libby didn't recall a innocent meaningless conversation in a call with a news outlet.
Fieldmouse is offline  
Old 02-17-2020, 02:51 PM
  #26  
Dominant Buck
 
Fieldmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 36,320
Default

Dan Bongino had an interesting take on this today and made some good points. Barr doesn't want to have another embarrassing loss like they had with Greg Craig. He was a parallel with Manafort in unregistered lobbyists and I believe lying but was found not guilty In DC so heavily Democrat sitting on Juries its a tall order to get a Democrat guilty of any crime. So to save the embarrassment, the DOJ took a pass. However, what they are doing is going after them for the Russian collusion hoax and framing of Flynn. Remember, Flynn according to McCabe and Comey wasn't being untruthful. Then all of a sudden he was out of the blue and the FBI refuses to turn over the original interview form(s). Remember also, Papadopoulos was also framed for a process crime. First they setup papadopoulos by giving him 10k over in Greece for a contract . .. Then when he returns the FBI is waiting for him at customs because they expected him to have the cash on him and for him to not claim it. But he outsmarted them by leaving the money in Greece. So they took him into questioning and as I pointed out anyone on here would be facing the same charges of lying to the FBI because they don't remember what they posted last year here at HNI, the FBI had the transcripts from the spies they used. Those meetings were recorded. So when Papadopoulos misremembered things, the FBI pounced.

So it was an interesting take and makes sense Only time will tell and Weinstein is pretty freaked out over Barr's move for an independent counsel to review Flynn's treatment.
Fieldmouse is offline  
Old 02-18-2020, 04:48 AM
  #27  
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: fla
Posts: 918
Default

probably
hardcastonly is online now  
Old 02-18-2020, 11:28 AM
  #28  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Marriottsville, Maryland
Posts: 1,058
Default

McCabe is just another one of many sad examples that D.J. Trump has thrown under the bus. And he probably won't be satisfied till he has thrown the entire United States and it's populace under the bus --- Much to Putin's liking.
Erno86 is offline  
Old 02-18-2020, 11:39 AM
  #29  
Boone & Crockett
 
Oldtimr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: south eastern PA
Posts: 13,121
Default

More brilliance from the left!!
Oldtimr is online now  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.