Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
No indictment for McCabe >

No indictment for McCabe

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

No indictment for McCabe

Old 02-15-2020, 09:02 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn View Post
What are you talking about? That is not a reasonable comparison by any stretch of the imagination.

You could perhaps make a case for the suggested sentence being too long and not be far off. We put people away for long periods of time here as a part of the old get tough on crime mindset. I think it indicates a simple minded approach to a complicated issue. Hopefully, we will see meaningful reforms in the near future. But Stone's case is not about that. it's about the DOJ operating independently of political pressure. Trump tweets and Barr jumps. That's the problem.

Even Barr seems to have had enough. Or at least he is thinking more about self preservation.
Don't recall you being all upset when Obama made comments and influenced the DOJ. Trump is in charge of the DOJ. Don't recall you being all upset as Obama and Holder over ruled the line attorney from going forward with the prosecution of the black Panthers for voter intimidation. Don't recall you being upset when Obama said there wasn't a wrong doing by Hillary in the email scandal. So take your double standards and dishonest discussion elsewhere. Because that's exactly what happened to Stone and Trump has every right per the constitution to inject however he wants into this process He is in charge.

Last edited by Fieldmouse; 02-15-2020 at 09:31 AM.
Old 02-15-2020, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

He certainly benefited from strong bias.
It's good to be the President.
You get to prevent a MASSIVE miscarriage of justice for people sentenced to die in prison, for process crimes.

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
"Two tiered justice system" indeed... Guess it's a good system if yer name is Stone...
How about that Hillary Clinton, HA?
Got away with destruction of evidence, lying to Congress, violation of FBI SUBPOENAS.....violation of CONGRESSIONAL subpoenas.....possession of CLASSIFIED materials on A PRIVATE server..passing along classified materials to other parties....Destruction of GOVERNMENT property....

Two tiered indeed......

Just keep in mind that perjury (in this case) is a process crime. Its the thing you go for when, you DON'T have anything else.
Like they did with Stone and Flynn.
Old 02-15-2020, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

What are you talking about? That is not a reasonable comparison by any stretch of the imagination.

You could perhaps make a case for the suggested sentence being too long and not be far off. We put people away for long periods of time here as a part of the old get tough on crime mindset. I think it indicates a simple minded approach to a complicated issue. Hopefully, we will see meaningful reforms in the near future. But Stone's case is not about that. it's about the DOJ operating independently of political pressure. Trump tweets and Barr jumps. That's the problem.

Even Barr seems to have had enough. Or at least he is thinking more about self preservation.
Rapists get less time then was recommended for Stone.

Stones case, is about what he mis-remembered in interviews with the FBI.

The MEDIA, is making more of it then ought to be made. THEY are crying about Trump and Barr. No one else. JUST the media. Leading useful idiots around by the nose. Letting you see only what the media wants YOU to see.
Old 02-15-2020, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags View Post
He was only cleared on a few points. There is more coming. Personally I think this is laying the groundwork to drop the charges against Gen. Flynn. They are digging up a lot of derelict behavior about his case on the side of the govt and they can't slam him and not slam McCabe since they are charged with the same thing. This sets a precedent for dropping the charges on Flynn since he is demanding to withdraw his guilty plea and go to court. I may be wrong but don't think I am.
Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
Don't recall you being all upset when Obama made comments and influenced the DOJ. Trump is in charge of the DOJ. Don't recall you being all upset as Obama and Holder over ruled the line attorney from going forward with the prosecution of the black Panthers for voter intimidation. Don't recall you being upset when Obama said there wasn't a wrong doing by Hillary in the email scandal. So take your double standards and dishonest discussion elsewhere. Because that's exactly what happened to Stone and Trump has every right per the constitution to inject however he wants into this process He is in charge.
We are talking about the DOJ's need to function without the influence of the administrative branch. So, it's fair to bring up past examples. I think Barr and his office should be allowed to function free of pressure from outside. Don't you agree with that?
Old 02-15-2020, 10:04 AM
Dominant Buck

We are talking about the DOJ's need to function without the influence of the administrative branch. So, it's fair to bring up past examples. I think Barr and his office should be allowed to function free of pressure from outside. Don't you agree with that?
last I checked, the President is not only in charge of the Executive Branch but he is also specifically mentioned in the constitution. The DOJ isn't. McCabe lied repeatedly to congress and to the FBI. Yet the swamp protects the swamp
Old 02-15-2020, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

There seems to be no end for D.J. Trump's corrupt dictatorial regime over our country, legal justice and the U.S. Constitution.
Old 02-15-2020, 10:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Erno86 View Post
There seems to be no end for D.J. Trump's corrupt dictatorial regime over our country, legal justice and the U.S. Constitution.
how do you figure? Last time I checked Trump is in charge of the DOJ.
Old 02-15-2020, 11:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

He doesn't figure, that is the problem. Just blurts out nonsense.
Old 02-15-2020, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

last I checked, the President is not only in charge of the Executive Branch but he is also specifically mentioned in the constitution. The DOJ isn't. McCabe lied repeatedly to congress and to the FBI. Yet the swamp protects the swamp
FM, again you disappoint. I thought for sure I would get a rise when I referred to it as the administrative branch.
Old 02-15-2020, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

how do you figure? Last time I checked Trump is in charge of the DOJ.
Uh, the attorney general is in charge of the DOJ. He's appointed by the President but that is not the same thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.