Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Everybody has an opinion. >

Everybody has an opinion.

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Everybody has an opinion.

Old 02-13-2020, 11:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Everybody has an opinion.

I doubt this book will get good reviews here... But... Like I said... Everybody has an opinion...

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/a-...es-about-trump
Old 02-14-2020, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

That last bit about John Quincy Adams was interesting.
Old 02-14-2020, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator

I have not read the book so can't speak to it at all. I have been reading a few interviews of both authors and why they wanted to write the book. From what I've read, they tell part of the story and a certain narrative that they seem a bit predisposed to have. I'm not saying their reporting is invalid but it does not seem to tell the entire story.

Just as an example, Woodruff mentions President Trump tweeting about the sentence recommendation for Roger Stone being unfair and "a few hours later" AG Barr reducing the sentence recommendation. She doesn't describe the situation any further in the interview except to ask if the President's behavior getting more unstable since the impeachment process. Her comments sound like a conspiracy theory instead of somebody who considered the entire process from arrest to sentence reduction recommendation and investigated that process instead of just repeating parts of media headlines. Woodruff and Rucker said they had access to "more than 200 senior administration officials" including at least one "senior national security official" but weren't able to provide more than their opinion of the equivalent of media headlines. There is a lot more information about this case currently in the media, let alone possibly even more information available from their 200 senior administration officials sources.

Then there is their assessment of why President Trump is doing these things. What a missed opportunity! Based on the linked interview and a few others I've read, these two reporters seem to have started from a certain premise and strove to validate it. Anybody who does investigations can tell you that method will often lead to missed evidence and information as well as potentially incorrect conclusions. I realize that most people will post for or against this linked interview (while not reading the book) based on their political positions on President Trump, etc. Maybe that's as it should be since the 2 reporters seemed to write their book based on the same political persuasion as well. I still think it's a missed opportunity by the authors even though most people want to whitewash their respective side and vilify the other. YMMV.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:42 AM
Fork Horn

Imagine what a book about Nancy Pelosi would look like; or any political figure today or in the recent past. How often does the real truth get told? With the country seemingly split down the middle, what do you expect these interviews will reveal? I think most voters knew going into the Hillary/Trump election that a main part of the choice was about the Supreme Court nomination or nominations that would set the course of the nation's direction for years to come. We all saw what Pres. Obama was doing to the courts and many didn't want that to continue. We knew going in that Donald Trump was not cut from the same cloth as past presidents or candidates. It just so happens that he has a huge list of accomplishments that rival what other presidents have been able to accomplish.

Now, because of his different way of doing things and because he can't be controlled or led so easily by his advisers, the old establishment is having a hissy fit and try to fight him every step of the way. In this atmosphere, I don't know how you can get an objective opinion of what is going on in the White House.
Old 02-14-2020, 03:35 PM
Dominant Buck

And I thought the woman in government I despised the most was RBG. I am hopeful that "Nancy the ripper" will have a short job prospect. Put her out to pasture.
Old 02-15-2020, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
I have not read the book so can't speak to it at all. I have been reading a few interviews of both authors and why they wanted to write the book. From what I've read, they tell part of the story and a certain narrative that they seem a bit predisposed to have. I'm not saying their reporting is invalid but it does not seem to tell the entire story.

Just as an example, Woodruff mentions President Trump tweeting about the sentence recommendation for Roger Stone being unfair and "a few hours later" AG Barr reducing the sentence recommendation. She doesn't describe the situation any further in the interview except to ask if the President's behavior getting more unstable since the impeachment process. Her comments sound like a conspiracy theory instead of somebody who considered the entire process from arrest to sentence reduction recommendation and investigated that process instead of just repeating parts of media headlines. Woodruff and Rucker said they had access to "more than 200 senior administration officials" including at least one "senior national security official" but weren't able to provide more than their opinion of the equivalent of media headlines. There is a lot more information about this case currently in the media, let alone possibly even more information available from their 200 senior administration officials sources.

Then there is their assessment of why President Trump is doing these things. What a missed opportunity! Based on the linked interview and a few others I've read, these two reporters seem to have started from a certain premise and strove to validate it. Anybody who does investigations can tell you that method will often lead to missed evidence and information as well as potentially incorrect conclusions. I realize that most people will post for or against this linked interview (while not reading the book) based on their political positions on President Trump, etc. Maybe that's as it should be since the 2 reporters seemed to write their book based on the same political persuasion as well. I still think it's a missed opportunity by the authors even though most people want to whitewash their respective side and vilify the other. YMMV.
It's gotten to the point where you really have to wait for the historians to finish their work. Oh, and then for the revisionists to have their say.

ATB
Old 02-15-2020, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by grizzly 2 View Post
Imagine what a book about Nancy Pelosi would look like; or any political figure today or in the recent past. How often does the real truth get told? With the country seemingly split down the middle, what do you expect these interviews will reveal? I think most voters knew going into the Hillary/Trump election that a main part of the choice was about the Supreme Court nomination or nominations that would set the course of the nation's direction for years to come. We all saw what Pres. Obama was doing to the courts and many didn't want that to continue. We knew going in that Donald Trump was not cut from the same cloth as past presidents or candidates. It just so happens that he has a huge list of accomplishments that rival what other presidents have been able to accomplish.

Now, because of his different way of doing things and because he can't be controlled or led so easily by his advisers, the old establishment is having a hissy fit and try to fight him every step of the way. In this atmosphere, I don't know how you can get an objective opinion of what is going on in the White House.
I think Pelosi will be seen as an accomplished stateswomen. Also, as a champion of women's rights, and the liberal agenda. Either you'll find that interesting or you won't.
President Obama will also be seen in a favorable light. President Trump no doubt will write his own history so...
Old 02-15-2020, 12:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Anyone who sees Obama in a favorable is blind, deaf and completely terminally stupid!
Old 02-15-2020, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

The Book of Life will be the only one that contains the truth.
Old 02-15-2020, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by grizzly 2 View Post
The Book of Life will be the only one that contains the truth.
The Book of Life is a 2014 American 3D computer-animated musical fantasy adventure comedy film co-produced by Reel FX Creative Studios and 20th Century Fox Animation, and distributed by 20th Century Fo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bo...ife_(2014_film)

Well, that is surprising to hear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.