Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Regulations Account for 25% of a New House >

Regulations Account for 25% of a New House

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Regulations Account for 25% of a New House

Old 02-09-2020, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sconnyhunter View Post

All of them.
All of them?

Lets start with Insulation regulations.
You don't think insulation is a good idea? You realize the benefits it affords us?

How about speed limits.
How about traffic safety?

Or noise ordinances,
Too crazy to reply to.

Window tint levels,
https://www.raynofilm.com/blog/autom...-laws-by-state
Governed by State and we don't really have much here. But where they have them it appears reasonable. Too dark is certainly a safety issue.

Price fixing for anything.
Not lawful in the States.

Now name a few that you THINK are warranted.
All of the above, emissions standards, fuel economy, fire hydrant placement, standpipe, placement, egress lighting, egress paths, flammable surfaces, flammable liquid handling, nuclear regulations, fire suppression, fire alarms, CO2 alarms in places with CO2 storage, CO alarms and smoke detectors in residential and commercial occupancies.
The list is very long and each a has science, and history to back them up. They are an expression of our collective learning and concern for our fellow human beings.

ATB
Old 02-10-2020, 01:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn View Post
All of the above, emissions standards, fuel economy, fire hydrant placement, standpipe, placement, egress lighting, egress paths, flammable surfaces, flammable liquid handling, nuclear regulations, fire suppression, fire alarms, CO2 alarms in places with CO2 storage, CO alarms and smoke detectors in residential and commercial occupancies.
The list is very long and each a has science, and history to back them up. They are an expression of our collective learning and concern for our fellow human beings.

ATB
Democrats don't care what you do as long as its mandatory.

Old 02-10-2020, 03:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
Lol. That is good! You shouldn't have wasted it on this topic.

This may well be the best barb, I've seen on the forum.
Old 02-10-2020, 04:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ATB
I thought we were a free nation? Doesn't that mean that we should be able to do as we wish?
Like fishing or hunting without a license.

A specific issue that I've learned about recently is that Idaho. Has a regulation seeking to stem the (legal) transport of HEMP across their borders. They have decided that to transport legal hemp across their borders, the DRIVER must provide the exact weight, destination, origination, and an affidavit expressly stating that their is NO THC contained in the load.
Now, that is unnecessary.

Another issue that I have seen recently is alternative building construction methods. Cobb construction houses were the issue here.

Since Hemp, and the TRANSPORT thereof, is legal in the rest of the nation.
Old 02-10-2020, 06:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
I thought it pretty good myself- not because its a barb- but because its true.

They should be telling me how much energy i need to use? Based on what?
But it sure seems to be to me- the typical leftest dem loves there big gov, nanny states- the more taxes ,laws, regulations the better.( unless we are talking about fed drug ,immagration laws? etc lol)( then they just ignore those, give them a freepass free heath care,etc etc )

Sure theres going to be SOME laws, regulations.The less the better for me for the most part( there can be way to many in many places imo)- Thats why i dont live in a city & live in wy.( but i am thinking of a move east of the missippi( something i said i wasnt going to do.

That thing you mentioned about idaho? Just wondering- Are they trying to stem( not sure what ya mean by that maybe) the flow of hemp? OR is it trying to stem the flow of THC? But ya it does seem a bit unnessary what you mentioned( drug runners arent going to obey the laws/ tell whats in there load right?( but maybe there thinking there products might blend in well?)). Im sure our(WY) hyway patrol etc stems of flow of some traffic yes- including commerical trucks etc- Trying to stop the flow of thc( eastcoast to(i 80-i90 25 westcoast traffic & major trafficing of drugs & to the south of course)

Old 02-10-2020, 07:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

That is to say( type) drugs( all types) are flowing coast to coast- both of them & inbetween & in all directions. but those are major hyways anyways( whiteouts been stemming the flow of traffic on those hyways recently/lately some (racist climate change? )
Old 02-10-2020, 09:41 AM
Typical Buck

That translates to about $3,000 in most places. No one disputes that safety measure add cost to construction. The point is, it's worth it to spend the extra money.
Regulations may include permits, applications, and fees. I am sure some of these expenditures do not equate to a safer workplace, a better product, or lowered environmental impact.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yep Laws& regualions cost $$ ( a lot of it- yep ask ny, ca etc why they pay all those high taxes, high cost of living housing etc there)))
+++++

I hear & see quite a few typical leftest dems( and they want you to put them in charge of your lifes- with a vote) lately talking about( so called) assualt weapons bans- weapons of war( covering a wide- broad range of firearms) theyed like to regulate away- maandatory gov turn ins buy backs u have

Progressives( leftests,liberals socilists,and so on) thinks thats good hmm- Progress??? based on leftest science studies no doubt?( bought by bernie& bloomberg?)?(hell this craps been going on since the clintoons- and is ongoing a( more so depending on where you live( but that is your choice- dont put your crap on me )?nammy gov knowes whats best? I think not...

PPl crossing borders etc & encouraged to break our borders & laws- to do so illegaly(by u know whos/dems crap for brains) & more so obviously during outbreaks of deadly( that could happen at anytim-e virus,s But ya gots to replace the future voters ya been aborting?
Old 02-10-2020, 09:48 AM
Typical Buck

Your welcome. As for failed and poor regulations. I'll set aside the obvious and curious use of the word poor after a couple points. Regulations if they "fail" are do to a lack of enforcement. Which is supported by funding. So, I'll allow that a regulation can in fact be "poor" if there is no funding for enforcement. But could you provide a few examples of regulations which failed for reasons other than funding? Failing that. Could you provide a few examples of regulations which you feel are unwarranted?

Thank you.

ATB
Not sure these apply directly to your post. The Illinois Firearms Owner Identification and State Firearm Dealer Licensing are both regulations that are failures not due to funding. Failure is due to greedy politicians wanting more revenue and thereby developing these programs.
Old 02-10-2020, 11:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by rogerstv View Post
Not sure these apply directly to your post. The Illinois Firearms Owner Identification and State Firearm Dealer Licensing are both regulations that are failures not due to funding. Failure is due to greedy politicians wanting more revenue and thereby developing these programs.
I have heard that there are difficulties in getting FOID cards renewed in Illinois at present and yet the FOID cards are kind of passing through a wave of renewals due to the timing of the set up of the program. Do you know what I'm talking about? I have even read -- and this may be bogus urban legend type of information -- that some counties are monitoring when FOID cards expire and then confiscating firearms owned by the person identified by the expired FOID card.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.