HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Politics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/politics-16/)
-   -   Vindman May Get Booted From NSC (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/politics/422751-vindman-may-get-booted-nsc.html)

Fieldmouse 02-10-2020 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn (Post 4370410)
I think that's your interpretation of his testimony. But either way, there were two paths President Trump could have taken post Acquittal. The path he took with retaliation against people who believed they were doing their duty is not surprising. By that I mean, it was in keeping with his personality type.

No, it's not my interpretation of his testimony. It was his actual testimony where he stated he was advising Ukraine. I will also go further and state his issue with the call wasn't that it was illegal, he stated it went against what he felt our foreign policy should be. Let me repeat since you have had issues with our Constitution. The President sets foreign policy not anyone else. Vindman because he didn't like it, went outside of his chain of command which has been stated and he most likely was the source for the fake whistleblower complaint. This means he should have also been investigated for leaking call info to someone who wasn't in line to receive that info.

Fieldmouse 02-10-2020 06:00 PM

Being vindictive is Obama administration going after Flynn because he dared to disagree with Obama's funding of Iran's terrorist network and green lighting their nuke program

CalHunter 02-10-2020 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse (Post 4370426)
No, it's not my interpretation of his testimony. It was his actual testimony where he stated he was advising Ukraine. I will also go further and state his issue with the call wasn't that it was illegal, he stated it went against what he felt our foreign policy should be. Let me repeat since you have had issues with our Constitution. The President sets foreign policy not anyone else. Vindman because he didn't like it, went outside of his chain of command which has been stated and he most likely was the source for the fake whistleblower complaint. This means he should have also been investigated for leaking call info to someone who wasn't in line to receive that info.

It's especially concerning that Vindman thought Trump's conversation went against what the US's foreign policy should be and apparently leaked part of the contents of the call to somebody not authorized to receive it. As you correctly point out, the President sets foreign policy, not any or even all of his advisors. They are not elected and also work for the President. If Vindman thought something Trump said was wrong, the proper way for him to address it was to report it through his chain of command. Vindman is in the army and does not have some legal authority to simply flout the chain of command. And Vindman sharing what was a classified phone call with the whistleblower likely violates laws and policies, not to mention trying to thwart a sitting President's agenda.