HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Politics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/politics-16/)
-   -   Vindman May Get Booted From NSC (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/politics/422751-vindman-may-get-booted-nsc.html)

Oldtimr 02-08-2020 02:36 AM

I suspect there is a lot of paranoia i DC right now, and there should be.

CalHunter 02-08-2020 03:21 AM

Good riddance. Trump honestly needs to clean house if he wants to move forward and achieve more.

Fieldmouse 02-08-2020 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Oldtimr (Post 4370293)
I suspect there is a lot of piano i DC right now, and there should be.

its going to happen. Dan Bongino has been really good over these last few years in pulling all the media reports together. While those in power have been leaking tidbits here and there to throw off suspicion or other reporters have dug up information to prove the source was lying, he has linked Hillary gate, spygate, Russian collusion hoax and know the Ukraine hoax. They are all the same people. They all know each other. They all have worked together and crossed paths. As he like to say it, they all have something to hide. His podcast yesterday was a really good one that walked through a lot of these links using the evidence we all have in the public domain. I don't need to repeat this for the folks who aren't inoculated against facts but its Hillary and Obama in collusion with the Russians to take Trump to cover it all up.

They need to stop the investigations before it all is revealed. just recently Schiff has ask the DOJ to go after Freddie Prince of Blzckwater fame. Why, because the Russian he was brought into meet with is a key figure in Hillary's world. Prince needs to be shut up.

The Rev 02-08-2020 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by CalHunter (Post 4370294)
Good riddance. Trump honestly needs to clean house if he wants to move forward and achieve more.

Ditto; I sure hope more get the boot.

Oldtimr 02-08-2020 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by flags (Post 4370272)
There is no "might" to it. He was fired from the NSC this afternoon and removed from the from the building by other employees. He is still on active duty in the Army but will have to be reassigned. If I was calling the shots I'd billet him at the most remote ammo dump in Backwater USA and leave him there. His military career is over because he will never advance to full bird and I don't think he has his 20 years yet. If he gets passed over for 3 consecutive cycles he will be sent home.

I spent a long time in uniform and I saw this guy testify in real time. I assure you he is the type of officer everyone hates.

The ax fell on his brother as well!

Alsatian 02-08-2020 04:56 PM

The Democrats and media are again bloviating about these things, as if serving in high level positions in the executive branch is a sinecure and if they go rogue Trump just has to live with that. They are deluded.

This again makes me reflect on the madness of Democrats and the media. One needs to maintain one's perspective in this crap-storm of propaganda and misinformation. Trump needs no excuse to remove these people from their responsibilities. They were not elected. Trump does not need to say "mother may I?" before taking action. He does not need to ask CNN's permission to act. He does not need to ask Nancy Pelosi's permission to act. He needs and has every right to demand loyalty from his subordinates.

I have not quoted Machiavelli for several weeks, so time is ripe:

"Most men are satisfied with appearances as though they were realities and are often even more influenced by things that seem than by those that are." "Discourses" book I, chapter 25

The point? This is not a cover up, it is a president wielding legitimate constitutional authority. He cannot possibly execute his office well when his staff and administration is infected with disloyal, back stabbers and leakers. Let those who have eyes see, let those who have ears hear.

flags 02-09-2020 05:59 AM

A lot of uninformed people are screaming to the heavens about this being "retaliation and punishment" and that is simply not the case. What happened was that a mid grade officer was insubordinate and bypassed his chain of command and was openly antagonistic to the Commander in Chief. As such his chain of command lost faith and confidence in him and removed him from is duty assignment. This sort of thing is actually fairly common in the military. The clown was NOT reduced in rank and did not have his pay docked. He was not subjected to either a court martial or nonjudicial punishment despite both being authorized under the UCMJ. He will still draw full pay, retain his rank and will be reassigned to another duty assignment. How he succeeds at a new duty assignment is completely up to him, just as it was up to me when I was on active duty.

Mickey Finn 02-09-2020 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by flags (Post 4370352)
A lot of uninformed people are screaming to the heavens about this being "retaliation and punishment" and that is simply not the case. What happened was that a mid grade officer was insubordinate and bypassed his chain of command and was openly antagonistic to the Commander in Chief. As such his chain of command lost faith and confidence in him and removed him from is duty assignment. This sort of thing is actually fairly common in the military. The clown was NOT reduced in rank and did not have his pay docked. He was not subjected to either a court martial or nonjudicial punishment despite both being authorized under the UCMJ. He will still draw full pay, retain his rank and will be reassigned to another duty assignment. How he succeeds at a new duty assignment is completely up to him, just as it was up to me when I was on active duty.

It's clearly retaliation.

elkman30 02-09-2020 06:54 PM

I think that's a stretch.

C. Davis 02-09-2020 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn (Post 4370401)
It's clearly retaliation.

I think they are just some guys who used to work at the pleasure of the President.

C. Davis