Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Iowa Caucus Results: 2nd Attempt >

Iowa Caucus Results: 2nd Attempt

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Iowa Caucus Results: 2nd Attempt

Old 02-08-2020, 05:29 AM
Super Moderator

hes stated several time;s he thinks only cops should have guns,
theres no reason for citizens to have access to firearms
Old 02-08-2020, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hardcastonly View Post
hes stated several time;s he thinks only cops should have guns,
theres no reason for citizens to have access to firearms
Or a large soft drink.
We are not a nation of children.

C. Davis
Old 02-09-2020, 02:43 AM
Dominant Buck

They want Biden plain and simple because he isnt as far left and might appeal to modetates from both parties. I wonder just how much the caucas problems were behind the scenes meddling similar to Hillary stealing it away from Bernie in 2016. They cant let Bernie, Pete or Hiawatha win so that leaves Biden. Bloomberg's money might come into play down the road when all else fails.
Old 02-09-2020, 05:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

What you Folks need to remember is that the DNC and the GOP are private organizations. They are NOT GOVT entities. As such they can do whatever the heck they want. It does not matter what the people showing up for the caucus or primaries want, they can nominate the candidate they want. As such the DNC and the DNC alone will decide the candidate. Why do you think the DNC has the so called "super delegates?" These "super delegates" ensure that the DNC can override the will of the misguided fools who align themselves with the DEM Party. So absolutely NOTHING about these early showings is relevant or important. Look for the DNC to pull a fast one by yanking a different rabbit out of the hate as we get closer to the end.
Old 02-09-2020, 05:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
They want Biden plain and simple because he isnt as far left and might appeal to moderates from both parties.
I think you are correct in channeling the Democrat establishment's view.

I am confident Trump will easily beat Biden in a presidential head-to-head. Biden is such a walking cluster f. His policy positions are flawed and incoherent. His policies have NEVER worked. About all he could say is "trust me, my ideas will work."

He has skeletons in his closet . . . among them the Ukrainian quid pro quo long known and recently given significant visibility during the Trump impeachment trial. This specific skeleton IS going to be investigated before the election.

So if Joe is the great white hope of the Democrat party, bring 'em on!

And the flaw pointed out about Bloomberg -- he is an establishment white male billionaire buying the election -- certainly has some weight.

Old 02-09-2020, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

They want Biden plain and simple because he isnt as far left and might appeal to modetates from both parties. I wonder just how much the caucas problems were behind the scenes meddling similar to Hillary stealing it away from Bernie in 2016. They cant let Bernie, Pete or Hiawatha win so that leaves Biden. Bloomberg's money might come into play down the road when all else fails.
The want somebody that is already part of their corruption. Biden at this point is clearly not a candidate that is likely to beat Trump and certainly not more likely than Bernie. Its all about corruption. Any outsider type is a threat to Democrats regardless of political beliefs. Their platform is say things that will get them elected and exploit the system for personal gain.
Old 02-09-2020, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I find it reprehensible that a party "based on fairness and equality" is so prone to such foolishness. We should not be surprised by this, given how they acted and reacted to the Bush\Gore fiasco in FL. ( I saw what you did there Flags). YES, I do remember how they tried to steal that election from America. With hanging chads, dimpled chads and so forth. But his is MUCH worse. Its counting to 3. Its putting those numbers on a pc of paper and calling them in. As the Reps did in their Caucus in IA on Monday night. Estimates that i heard on teh Radio, where around 170K people, at 1700 sites. That approx. 100 men and women at each site. Not that many are going to be there, for a single person. IN this overly crowded Candidate pool on the left.

Of the remaining dozen people, how many didn't get ANY supporters to show up?

If you have 100 people in your caucus site, 3 for this person, 10 over there for Biden, 2 for the BERN, 5 for liawatha, 6 for Buttgiggle.....and so on. Who really needs an APP, to count to 15? and make a phone call?

As to the impeachment, I've said it before (though maybe NOT here). That i think it was twofold. First to attempt to rid us of Trump, but ALSO to get rid of Biden. The DNC KNOWS how much baggage he carries with him. He's a WELL KNOWN plagiarist. From his MANY past failed attempts to win the DNC nomination and Presidency.
They KNOW what kinds of campaign this will be with the kinds of trouble that HUNTER is going to bring to the trail.
They KNOW about his MULTIPLE documented health issues, and his growing evidence of possible dementia.

No, I think (maybe I'm way off base) that the impeachment was ALSO to rid us of Biden. Though NOT in a public way. But to make him and his supporters back off, by allowing just a smidgen of the truth to be exposed.
Old 02-09-2020, 07:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

They want Biden plain and simple because he isnt as far left and might appeal to moderates from both parties.
I think you are correct in channeling the Democrat establishment's view.

I am confident Trump will easily beat Biden in a presidential head-to-head. Biden is such a walking cluster f. His policy positions are flawed and incoherent. His policies have NEVER worked. About all he could say is "trust me, my ideas will work."

He has skeletons in his closet . . . among them the Ukrainian quid pro quo long known and recently given significant visibility during the Trump impeachment trial. This specific skeleton IS going to be investigated before the election.

So if Joe is the great white hope of the Democrat party, bring 'em on!

And the flaw pointed out about Bloomberg -- he is an establishment white male billionaire buying the election -- certainly has some weight.

Old 02-09-2020, 07:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Flags: I think the DNC, in response to complaints in 2016, got rid of the Super Delegate system. Many people say they now regret that decision.

Sconnyhunter: I think it gives too much credit to Democrats to think their impeachment initiative was so shrewd that they intended to both remove Trump and scuttle Biden. Sorry, I don't think they are that clever. If they were, in fact, that clever, would they have so completely misplayed their impeachment hand? They made MANY, MANY unforced errors in that debacle.
Old 02-09-2020, 09:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Alsatian View Post
Flags: I think the DNC, in response to complaints in 2016, got rid of the Super Delegate system.
Not quite. The DNC decided to "reduce" the influence of super delegates and only allow them in "contested" elections. Pretty vague terms which basically means business as usual in DEM land.