Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Jeff Bezos Donation >

Jeff Bezos Donation

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Jeff Bezos Donation

Old 01-13-2020, 08:06 AM
Fork Horn

Angry Jeff Bezos Donation

This really pisses me off...

https://www.the-sun.com/news/249608/...f-your-salary/

I suspect that Bezo's donation is $690,000 more than most of the people bitching about it. He would have done better to have donated nothing at all - a thought that is probably occurring to him right now.

Give someone a birthday cake, and some Marxist S.O.B. would complain that you could have afforded better frosting!
Old 01-29-2020, 06:33 AM
Spike

I laughed when I found out that billionaire Bill Gates as a Secret Santa gave a girl a book and a toy mouse to her cat. It would be better if ру presented the apartment.)))
Old 01-29-2020, 06:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by TomSandy View Post
I laughed when I found out that billionaire Bill Gates as a Secret Santa gave a girl a book and a toy mouse to her cat. It would be better if ру presented the apartment.)))
Something I have noted as a recent phenomenon is the readiness to impute the worst motives to others -- to Trump, here to Bill Gates -- without good reason, without considering alternative explanations. Have we not seen TV dramas where someone get's pissed off at a family member for giving an excessively valuable gift that they themselves cannot possibly compete with? I have seen that in TV dramas. I bet this commonly occurs in real life, also. What is the lesson learned from such scenarios? Wealthy people don't overdo the financial value of their gifts. Instead they may attempt to convey thoughtfulness and consideration in their gifts. This is what it sounds like to me that Bill Gates did.

It is uncivil and base to snipe unjustifiably at others in this way.

I think complaints about Bezos' gift, likewise, are uncivil and base. If I were Jeff Bezos I would learn a lesson from this. I would not give money or assistance to remote causes. If I, as Jeff Bezos, felt the need to reach out and help others in need, I would first turn my attention to local needs. I am not complaining about Jeff Bezos' giving -- or of others giving -- but I would still think that giving locally would provide more than ample opportunity to satisfy their philanthropic impulses. And -- if you read closely -- I'm not in any way coaching what are fitting or unfitting local needs to assist. This avoids, in my opinion, such "biting the hand that feeds you" responses as the complaint that $690,000 is not enough.
Old 02-02-2020, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing to see here, just the virtue-signaling, drama-queen left once again finding a target in someone that THEY believe owes them a greater share. Maybe he's saving up to help pay for the free college and free healthcare proposals that the notable Democratic Party candidates believes he owes them, too?