Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
New Bill To Red Flag Gun Purchases >

New Bill To Red Flag Gun Purchases

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

New Bill To Red Flag Gun Purchases

Old 12-05-2019, 06:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Default New Bill To Red Flag Gun Purchases

https://reason.com/2019/11/20/new-gu...-transactions/
Old 12-06-2019, 04:47 AM
Fork Horn

I saw this. Blatantly unconstitutional, but might pass anyway.

Smart shoppers buy ammo in bulk, so will we be flagged?
Old 12-06-2019, 05:44 AM
Dominant Buck

I do have a question. Did the Aurora Colorado shooter really buy grenades with a credit card? Where can you do this? I want a few for fun on Saturdays.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:02 AM
Dominant Buck

1984 alive and well. The government will be or should I say is.....watching all of us in every way. Scary when you think of the ramifications. The originators of the bill of rights saw this coming.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:34 AM
Fork Horn

I wondered about the whole "Grenade by credit card" thing too. From now on, its cash-only for the grenades I buy!
Old 12-06-2019, 09:41 AM
Dominant Buck

This is where I like to buy my hand grenades...
The smoothest and most powerful drink on Bourbon Street.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 12-06-2019 at 11:40 AM.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:58 AM
Typical Buck

The concept of this idea is not new. It has likely been going on quietly for nearly 2 decades now......
This kind of tracking and FAR FAR more have been going on since the passage of the "Patriot Act",,,, a modern travesty.
Will the NSA admit they are doing it?? Well, no,, of course they won't admit it. The NSA won't "officially" comment at all on the data mining and collection it does on US citizens. Tracking simple gun purchases would be super easy for the NSA given their secrecy, ultra-hightech and broad powers.
"Anti-Terrorism" tools can be applied to anyone or anything at anytime,,,,,,, radical Islam was just the excuse and the small beginning
Old 12-06-2019, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

Currently, a credit card company simply receives a total charge from a vendor, not an itemized list of what was being charged. Even gun stores tend to sell other items that aren't guns or ammo. How is a bank or credit card company supposed to know which transaction represents a purchase of firearms or ammunition?
Old 12-06-2019, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

Cash will solve this problem. You can usually get a better deal with cash anyway.
Old 12-06-2019, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dhasemann View Post
Cash will solve this problem. You can usually get a better deal with cash anyway.
I have a friend that I've known since Kindergarten that manages a pawn shop in our hometown... They will not take a credit, or debit card towards the purchase of a firearm because the purchaser has the ability to cancel the transaction after the sale... I've thought that was a good policy for the seller... Based on FM's article I now believe that it's a good policy for the buyer as well...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.