Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Judge sneaks an illegal alien, out of the courthouse to prevent ICE from arresting hi >

Judge sneaks an illegal alien, out of the courthouse to prevent ICE from arresting hi

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Judge sneaks an illegal alien, out of the courthouse to prevent ICE from arresting hi

Old 11-21-2019, 11:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Judge sneaks an illegal alien, out of the courthouse to prevent ICE from arresting hi

The Mad Patriots

The Liberal Judge Who Criminally Helped an Alien Escape Deportation

Posted by: admin in Politics November 19, 2019 21 Comments 724 Views

In April 2018, an illegal immigrant named Jose Medina-Perez arrived at a Massachusetts District Court to face narcotics charges. Present at the Newton courthouse that day was an ICE officer, waiting for Medina-Perez to be released on bail so that he could take him into federal custody.

Medina-Perez was no stranger to ICE; he’d been deported on two previous occasions, and he’d been barred from coming back to the United States for a period of 20 years. Clearly, he saw no reason to abide by that mandate, because he received that ban in 2007, and yet, here he was, flaunting his ability to evade authorities.

That April morning should have been the last one Medina-Perez spent in the U.S. But he had the great fortune to draw Newton County District Judge Shelley Joseph, who is one of those leftists who thinks protecting illegal aliens is more important than preserving the law. She proved it that day. After prosecutors and defense attorneys agreed that Medina-Perez was not the individual wanted on Pennsylvania DUI charges, the decision was made to release him. That’s when the alien’s defense lawyer told Judge Joseph about the ICE officer and the deportation fate awaiting his client.

A judge interested in following the law would have shrugged and said, “Yeah, that’s tough luck, isn’t it.” But Joseph instead ordered the court clerk to show the ICE officer out to the lobby and demanded that the courtroom recorder be turned off. During this period of time, she devised a scheme whereby Medina-Perez would be ******ed out the backdoor of the courthouse, successfully evading federal justice.

“I heard about it the same day it happened,” recalled former ICE Director Thomas Homan in an interview with The New York Times. “I was dumbfounded. I said, ‘Well, now, things are going a bit too far.’ For an officer of the court to help someone escape ICE arrest. I’ve done this 35 years and never seen anything like that.”

Joseph has now been charged by federal prosecutors with obstruction of justice. Instead of taking a plea deal, the judge is fighting the charges and preparing to go to trial. Prosecutors are confident in their ability to secure a conviction.

“We’ve heard rumors of, you know, judges doing this or that, I don’t want to identify them, but this was the first time we have come across an instance where, one, we thought it was clearly criminal, and two, we think we can prove it,” said U.S. Attorney for Massachusetts Andrew Lelling.

There’s “judicial activism,” and then there’s this abomination of justice. This woman should never sit a bench again.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:30 AM
Fork Horn

I don't know what's worse, that she did this or that so many Americans think it was the right thing to do.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

It seems like she is breaking the law while sitting on the bench. How is she not being removed from office, let alone prosecuted?
Old 11-22-2019, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
It seems like she is breaking the law while sitting on the bench. How is she not being removed from office, let alone prosecuted?
She is. Both her and the court officer involved have been relieved without pay and arraigned .
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/shelley...e-ice-custody/
Taking activist judging a little too far...
Old 11-22-2019, 10:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds like a good candidate for a new woman without a country, strip her citizenship and lock her up on a ship off shore til she croaks!
Old 11-22-2019, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks Mickey. It's good to hear that there is a line drawn for activist judges and court officers. OT, we're not Russia.
Old 11-23-2019, 10:09 AM
Fork Horn

Perhaps OT was over the top, but this judge should be punished severely.
Old 11-23-2019, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Oh, I definitely agree with the judge being punished. That judge should be disbarred from office, convicted of her felony crime and do time in a prison. Same for the court officer.

Last edited by CalHunter; 11-25-2019 at 02:38 PM. Reason: sp.
Old 11-24-2019, 12:02 AM
Spike

I don't understand what's worse.
Old 11-24-2019, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think the judge should throw her hat it for the Democrat nomination.

C. Davis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.