Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Julian Assange to die in prison? >

Julian Assange to die in prison?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Julian Assange to die in prison?

Old 11-11-2019, 08:47 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
He avoided arrest by taking refuge in an embassy and when his permission to stay was revoked he was arrested by GB. I don't see that he is being treated inhumanely since he is now part of the criminal justice system awaiting trial. In addition he is wanted as a fugitive in the USA on other probably more serious charges.
Maybe he isn't, but people who have had recent contact with him are claiming that he is being treated inhumanely in prison. I don't think they refer simply to his incarceration, but the conditions therein. Of course, its possible that his apparently disheveled condition is his own doing and not related to prison abuse.

However, I think there is adequate reason to suspect that he is being mishandled in prison. The UK should do what is needed to establish that this is not the case, or if it is, put a stop to it.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:48 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn View Post
Honestly, If I was in his shoes I'd be feeling sick about now too. To think he may be held accountable for his actions.
He should be held accountable after a conviction, not before. The question here is whether he is being punished without a conviction. Several people "in the know" seem to think so. I'd like the U.K. government to assure the world that this is not the case.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

Your point is taken. Most of us would be retching our guts out facing his situation, guilty or not.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator

Here's a partial quote and link from WikiLeaks. I don't think anybody would accuse them of being impartial in this case. From what they describe, Assange is in Protective Custody so no other inmates get an opportunity to assault him. The article doesn't address whether any other inmates have made threats or not but you often won't hear about such threats in a prison before an assault and is why famous people are often placed in Protective Custody. If in doubt, just consider the Epstein case.

There have been no noticeable changes to Julian Assange’s prison conditions or treatment since his bail sentence ended on 22 September and his imprisonment on remand for the United States’ extradition request began the following day. He remains in effective solitary confinement within healthcare, spending 21-23 hours in his cell every day and with “controlled moves” every time guards move him from his cell to an appointment or outside to exercise, meaning the corridors are cleared and the prison goes on lockdown during his movement....

https://defend.wikileaks.org/prison-updates/
Old 11-11-2019, 10:07 AM
Dominant Buck

From what I gather the facility where he is being held isn't a club med but actually on the opposite side of the prison spectrum. Some prisoners probably don't deserve to be housed in a white collar crime type facility. certain crimes also require inmate protection from others incarcerated due to the nature of their crimes whether convicted or simply being held pre trail without bail. His problems if seem bad now will certainly get worse as he migrates through the GB system and hopefully eventually face the USA charges against him. One thing is certain he won't get a slap on the wrist and spend a short time in a GB prison then get released. His day of US justice will be coming no matter how long it takes. He is lucky to not be facing old sparky.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:17 AM
Fork Horn

He isn't? Isn't the death penalty on the table?

Do you think Britain will convict him and sentence him to prison for some time before extradition? As I understand it, his only charge in the UK is jumping bail.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Cub Slayer View Post
Oh, I apologize profusely! Here I was, thinking that you were spouting B.S. from an untrustworthy source, but then you "Trump" me. You attach a clip from MSNBC, thereby completely invalidating any doubts about the veracity of your claims!
The quicker you put ET on ignore the happier you will be. He offers nothing intelligent or original to any thread. Me thinks he is a troll.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags View Post
The quicker you put ET on ignore the happier you will be. He offers nothing intelligent or original to any thread. Me thinks he is a troll.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:36 PM
Typical Buck

Wow! ET has siblings!!
Old 11-11-2019, 12:48 PM
Typical Buck

hopefully England will send him here to the US where he can stand trial for printing the stolen emails. he knew it was wrong. thats why he doesnt want to be extradited to the US. he shoud be treated humanly until he is sent here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.