Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Julian Assange to die in prison?

Old 11-09-2019, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

Oh, I apologize profusely! Here I was, thinking that you were spouting B.S. from an untrustworthy source, but then you "Trump" me. You attach a clip from MSNBC, thereby completely invalidating any doubts about the veracity of your claims!
Old 11-09-2019, 01:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Old 11-09-2019, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't stare at Chris Hayes too long. He's been known to suck IQ points from his viewers.

C. Davis
Old 11-09-2019, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by elkman30 View Post
Cub, I agree wholeheartedly with all of your comments, especially wiith innocent unntil proven guilty. I'd be interested in reading that other article about Assange's health issues if you have a link. If they're keeping him in custody, the Brits should have to provide adequate medical care. In some ways, they still haven't progressed much from the 1770's.

Regarding our resident TDS member, he has about 5 to 10 supporters who will jump on you in his defense if you point out any of his ludicrous claims. Its not logical but they're operating off of feelings.
Elk, are you thinking of NeverWill? As I remember it, Erno was one of the 5 or 10 that used to jump in when he was under the gun... I do see Coastal Mountaineer (Another of Wills jumpers) from time to time, but the rest seem to have all but disappeared since Will has been gone...
Old 11-10-2019, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Cub Slayer View Post
Accused criminal, spy, and rapist. Convicted of nothing. That's the injustice. If he's guilty, try him, convict him, and lock him up. If he's not guilty, let him go, although he has only himself to blame for the time in the Ecuadorian embassy.

Personally, I believe he is guilty of espionage, as the evidence is damning, but the other stuff, evidence seems contrived. Frankly, I don't understand it - Who needs a rape conviction if you can get an espionage conviction? Kinda like ordering a diet coke with your 1,500 calorie burger.
Well, the rape charge is in Sweden and the espionage case is centered in the USA. So, apples and oranges except for the for the overall pattern of pathological criminality. Assange was given the opportunity to stand trial and clear himself. He chose not to and jumped bail.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:47 AM
Fork Horn

Like I said, Mickey, he owns the 7? years he spent in the Ecuadorian embassy. My point is, Britain needs to put up or shut up. They need to try him for jumping bail (British crime), extradite him (Sweden or the USA), or let him go. Yes, all options take time, but in the meantime, he needs to be treated humanely.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Cub Slayer View Post
Like I said, Mickey, he owns the 7? years he spent in the Ecuadorian embassy. My point is, Britain needs to put up or shut up. They need to try him for jumping bail (British crime), extradite him (Sweden or the USA), or let him go. Yes, all options take time, but in the meantime, he needs to be treated humanely.
He is being treated humanely.
Old 11-11-2019, 03:55 AM
Fork Horn

That is not what many are claiming. That's the point of my thread. Unless this is all an act, he is most certainly NOT being treated humanely.
Old 11-11-2019, 06:19 AM
Dominant Buck

He avoided arrest by taking refuge in an embassy and when his permission to stay was revoked he was arrested by GB. I don't see that he is being treated inhumanely since he is now part of the criminal justice system awaiting trial. In addition he is wanted as a fugitive in the USA on other probably more serious charges.
Old 11-11-2019, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
He avoided arrest by taking refuge in an embassy and when his permission to stay was revoked he was arrested by GB. I don't see that he is being treated inhumanely since he is now part of the criminal justice system awaiting trial. In addition he is wanted as a fugitive in the USA on other probably more serious charges.
Honestly, If I was in his shoes I'd be feeling sick about now too. To think he may be held accountable for his actions.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service