Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Quid Pro Quit >

Quid Pro Quit

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Quid Pro Quit

Old 11-09-2019, 06:08 AM
Fork Horn

You don't think so? Don't you think that they'll vote just to add to the array of non-evidence represented as "proof"? Millions of American dolts can easily be led to say "Look, they actually took an impeachment vote. Trump MUST be guilty or they wouldn't dare".

See how they've behaved so far. They've rolled out laughably weak arguments ("This guy who heard about the call said it was treasonous") hoping that the sheer weight of non-evidence will become evidence in the small minds of so many. Sadly, I've seen this at work with people I know. Statements like "Look at all the people coming forward to accuse Trump", "Where there's smoke there's fire", and "You can't ignore the number of people coming forward" (Yes I can. Need I mention the flat earth model?)

You might be right, but I'm thinking they'll vote to impeach right around the time of the Trump debates.
Old 11-09-2019, 07:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, it is funny, Erno calls everything treasonous. Now we know where he got it.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
This isn't going to a vote. The Democrats will quickly on. This has been a PR Disaster to say the least.
So tell us, how do you think this will all play out?
Old 11-09-2019, 08:41 AM
Typical Buck

It will depend on what AOC and her crowd do to pressure Pelosi. The Senate will vote not guilty if they impeach and Pelosi knows this. They don't have the votes in the Senate and it will likely cost them a couple of Senate seats. Not to mention, they would probably lose the House.

Plus, the Senate will get to subpoena and question an awful lot of witnesses including certain Congress people. Pelosi knows that voting to impeach and sending it to the Senate is opening a huge Pandora's box that has nothing but down side for all of the Democrats.

On the other hand, it's just like you said. If they drag things out and don't hold a vote, they can keep throwing mud against Trump right up to the election. Since they don't have any real proof or evidence, that would be the smart play. But then, nobody has accused AOC and her crowd of being smart. And she has arguably been able to push Pelosi into doing things that Pelosi knows she shouldn't do.

Last edited by elkman30; 11-09-2019 at 08:43 AM.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

I think people grossly overestimate AOC, both in terms of intelligence and influence. She gets a lot of press, because the Republicans love for people to see her, but she is no strategist. If Pelosi was influenced to act, it wasn't by AOC.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I was to be asked what will happen.

The dems WILL vote to Impeach. This will bring them one step closer to saying its due to lack of leadership in the Senate that he is still President.
And pass articles along to the Senate. Who will then decline due to lack of proper handling and due process rights.

The DemoRat Senators who will then have been pulled from the campaign trail (can't run for office while serving as JURY over a trial), will all falter in fundraising and drop out.
Leaving the remaining 15 or so candidates to advance.
Old 11-14-2019, 05:14 AM
Typical Buck

It will help Trump in a big way when he is found not guilty in the Senate. Then he can truly say it was a witch hunt and be proven right by the senate vote. The trial will be quick and happen well before the 2020 election..

The dems are stupid beyond belief.. They've already lost the 2020 election (Prez) and don't know it...

BAWWWHAHAHA......!!
Old 11-14-2019, 05:41 AM
Fork Horn

No one expects Trump to be convicted or even censured by the Senate. I believe it's a Democratic effort to sway Independent voters, soft Trump supporters and pacify the hard line Democrats.

I also don't believe what Trump did is an impeachable crime. But, it is a loathsome action when the U.S. President uses taxpayers money to coerce a foreign country to take action against a potential political opponent. His actions weren't meant to further American interests. His motivation was to help only himself.
Old 11-14-2019, 06:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Coastal Mountaineer View Post
No one expects Trump to be convicted or even censured by the Senate. I believe it's a Democratic effort to sway Independent voters, soft Trump supporters and pacify the hard line Democrats.

I also don't believe what Trump did is an impeachable crime. But, it is a loathsome action when the U.S. President uses taxpayers money to coerce a foreign country to take action against a potential political opponent. His actions weren't meant to further American interests. His motivation was to help only himself.

So now you are a mind reader and know Trump's intent!
Old 11-14-2019, 07:32 AM
Dominant Buck

I was listening to some talk radio on the way to our town office so I could sign a pay voucher as a board member and there was a good discussion on acts that are actually impeachable offenses for POTUS. From my way of thinking the Dems are reaching into a hornets nest and hoping to come out with honey. There is nothing there other than pain in the end. I think Coastie touched on the reality of the situation and the only foreseeable legal pitfall for Trump will be if he is forced to testify under oath and lies. This one could get a bit tricky though since if he is truly a narcissist, as some suspect, then reality is self reality. The truth is always what the narcissist believes and everyone else is wrong.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 11-14-2019 at 07:40 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.