Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

This is treasonous

Old 10-27-2019, 08:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default This is treasonous

The Mad Patriots

Anonymous NY Times “Resistance” Author Has a Whole Book Coming Out

Posted by: admin in Politics October 23, 2019 11 Comments 815 Views

The cowardly “senior Trump administration official” who caused a minor media frenzy last September when he penned an anonymous op-ed in The New York Times is soon to be rewarded with a major book due out on November 18th. Published by Twelve, a division of Hachette Books, “A Warning” will no doubt provide several dozen juicy tidbits comprised of made-up stories that Slate, the Washington Post, and the rest of the liberal blogosphere can turn into clickbait for a few days before everyone moves on and forgets about this latest lamentable insight into the White House.

The anonymous author first came to light with his op-ed, which was ominously titled, “I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration.”

Careful to draw a distinction between this resistance and the well-known liberal “Resistance” outside the White House, the author described himself as a conservative Republican who actually admired some of the administration’s goals. However, he said, it was up to himself and a band of brave patriots to protect the nation from Trump’s “worst inclinations.”

“Many Trump appointees have vowed to do what we can to preserve our democratic institutions while thwarting Mr. Trump’s more misguided impulses until he is out of office,” the author wrote at the time. “I should know. I’m one of them.

“Although he was elected as a Republican, the president shows little affinity for ideals long espoused by conservatives: free minds, free markets and free people. At best, he has invoked these ideals in scripted settings. At worst, he has attacked them outright,” the author continued.

Perhaps the author is Pierre Delecto…

He went on to characterize Trump’s wild temper and bad policies as a “threat to the republic” that only he and his likewise anonymous allies could save us from.

In announcing the book, the author’s literary agent, Matt Latimer, was effusive in his praise of Anonymous.

“The Author of A WARNING refused the chance at a seven figure advance and intends to donate a substantial amount of any royalties to the White House Correspondents Association and other organizations that fight for a free press that seeks the truth,” Latimer said.

Latimer went on to explain that his client would remain veiled in anonymity.

“There obviously will be those who want the author to reveal themselves publicly, but there are good reasons for that not to happen,” he said. “The author feels their identity is almost irrelevant because there is scarcely a sentiment expressed in this book that is not shared by numerous others who have served and continue to serve this administration at its highest levels.”

News of the book drew little excitement from either end of the political spectrum. Indeed, many liberal opponents of the president are at least as wary of Anonymous as his supporters.

“At a time when State Department employees are risking their careers to testify about wrongdoing in this administration, I can’t think of anyone I want to hear from less than this person,” tweeted Matthew Miller, a former member of the Obama administration.

As for White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham, her response was even sharper: “It takes a lot of conviction and bravery to write a whole book anonymously.”
Old 10-27-2019, 10:31 AM
Typical Buck

What's so treasonous about someone engaging in there 1st Amendment Rights???
Old 10-27-2019, 11:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Erno86 View Post
What's so treasonous about someone engaging in there 1st Amendment Rights???

I am quite sure you have no idea of the courage of ones convictions and of having honor. If you are going to trash someone in writing you should grow a set and use your name, not hide behind being anonymous. In addition, once again the leftist scum is trying to unseat a sitting President through any means other than facing him in the polls on election day because they are all cowards, as are their supporters!
Old 10-28-2019, 05:56 AM
Spike

Everyone has an right to opinion no matter if others like it. For all we know it could be someone like John Bolton that is penning the book. I don't feel so-called Conservatives have a lock on honor and courage, I know I have seen quite a few that are Hypocrites.
Old 10-28-2019, 06:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Doesn't make the accepted legal definition of treason. Dispicable? Yes. Treasonous? Nope.

As a veteran I am more than happy to lay down my life to protect this clown's 1st Amendment rights. Doesn't mean I have to agree with them but the individual can certainly say whatever they choose to. Remember the 1st Amendment is not about protecting speech that everyone agrees with, it is about protecting the speech that is controversial.

Last edited by flags; 10-28-2019 at 11:39 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-28-2019, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator

So is this a Never Trumper trying to change his designation or name?